Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 412907 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Collingwood must be moving on a number of players as their cap was supposedly tighter than ours. Unless Eddie is giving his girlfiend a job at channel 9 too.

e.f.a  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Rather trade for a couple more top 20 picks and use Bolton, McIntosh, this year's second or next year's first for Cerra & Apeness.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Good old Tiger71 on BigFooty 1000% certain nothing has changed re Tom and he is ours.....

Dougeytherichmondfan

Good old Tiger71 on BigFooty 1000% certain nothing has changed re Tom and he is ours.....
He was right last year with Dusty - but then I think that was like betting on Winx.

Wrong with Shiels a few years ago.

Lots of the info I get matches with his though so far re: Lynch. I wonder if Riewoldt signing has anything to do with the situation...

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
I'm guessing Tom has signed with Collingwood then  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Interestingly when I asked Hardwick about Lynch at the mid year review, he said that Tom was a very loyal person.....

Does that mean his given his word that we are his club and that higher offers will not change his mind?  :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'm guessing Tom has signed with Collingwood then  :shh

:shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Some very funny stuff on here in the last 20 hours

Ditto Twitter

:rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online PremiershipClock

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Rodney Eade says he knows how Lynch's manager works and it's pounds to peanuts any deal was shaked on mid season

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
I think people think it’s Lynch or Short by the way some are talking.
We can have both!!

We will probably have to squeeze someone or even a couple out but I’m tipping no one will lose any serious sleep over them- IE- Grigg or Houli.
It would only be a year earlier than what’s going to happen anyway.

One of the best young forwards is up for grabs and we are in it up to our eyeballs. Let’s hope he is part of an era we talk about for years to come.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'd prefer the midfielder that we need. :cheers

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Some very funny stuff on here in the last 20 hours

Ditto Twitter

:rollin

Hilarious.
The smart money knows what’s happening
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
If Jack Riewoldt took a pay cut to stay with Richmond, what would happen with Tom Lynch?

August 1, 2018
FOX SPORTS

IF TOM Lynch signs with Richmond, he’d be joining a club right in the premiership window and one that has become the envy or its rival.

But that Tigers contract mightn’t be as financially healthy as the deals other clubs in the market are prepared to offer him.

Lynch looms as the AFL’s hottest free agent at season’s end, with the Gold Coast Suns seemingly preparing for their co-captain’s departure to a Victorian-based AFL club.

The 25-year-old, who booted nearly 200 goals between 2014 and 2017 before a knee injury and surgery ruined his 2018 campaign, has been linked to the Tigers, Collingwood and Hawthorn consistently throughout this season.

While the Tigers have been arguably the favourite to secure Lynch’s services, AFL 360 co-host Mark Robinson said the star forward would have to sacrifice significant dollars to join Richmond.

“It was bandied around mid-year $1.5 million. That is not happening,” the chief football write of the Herald Sun told Fox Footy’s AFL 360.

“If he signs at Richmond, in my opinion and who I’ve spoken to, it will be less than $1 million.

“That’s a $500,000 drop from April to the start of August.”

Richmond star Jack Riewoldt revealed on Tuesday night that he’d taken a pay cut to sign a two-year contract extension to remain with the Tigers.

Riewoldt's selfless act puts Richmond in a stronger position to re-sign the likes of Jayden Short, Bachar Houli and Shaun Grigg, as well as launch a big play for Lynch.

But Melbourne veteran Jordan Lewis said Lynch would be prepared to forgo a big salary portion if it meant joining one of the league’s best clubs.

“If a player want me to go to a successful side, he’s going to take unders then the market suggests,” Lewis told AFL 360.

“There’s a lot of money being thrown around about Tom Lynch. He can’t come out and say ‘this is what I’m demanding’. It’s out there saying ‘he wants this, he wants that’, but I can guarantee you if he goes to Richmond, he won’t get as much as if he would go to another club.”

Lynch has met with Collingwood twice in the past three weeks, including a one-on-one encounter with coach Nathan Buckley.

The Herald Sun reported on Tuesday night that the Pies can fit Lynch into their salary cap if they back-ended his contract.

But Hawthorn still sees itself as a strong player in the race to secure Lynch.

Gold Coast coach Stuart Dew left the door open for the Suns to exercise their free agency options with Lynch, as his restricted status gives the Suns a chance to match a rival club’s offer.

“It’s certainly not all on Tom’s terms,” Dew said on Tuesday.

“We’ve been in constant dialogue with Tom and his manager.

“When the time is right, we’ll certainly move forward one way or another.”

Dew added that as far as the Suns are concerned with Lynch, there is plenty of water yet to go under the bridge.

“Certainly there are options that we have — now is that … matching? Is it he decides to stay?” he said.

“Is it he decides he wants to explore, which we know he’s doing and that’s the environment we’re in.

“That time will come but right now his next appointment is with a surgeon to get cleared to come back.”

— with AAP

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-why-tom-lynch-might-not-have-a-sevenfigure-salary-if-he-signed-at-richmond/news-story/905ea7dcbaa2594749dbe6bbb80613e7
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:59:01 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
@FearTheRoar18: More cap space opening up at Richmond, can only mean one thing, Shorty is being signed soon

@BFtigercast: Reckon it means 2 things 😉

@Grinchy007: You confident we land Lynch?

@BFtigercast: Based on the info I have seen, yep! Our man with the inside word is chatting to me next Tuesday night to explain all. But he messaged me today saying again that nothing has changed and we are still in a good spot.

https://twitter.com/FearTheRoar18/status/1024173673828085761