Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 902226 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #1350 on: February 15, 2013, 10:41:03 AM »
Sorry WP. Did I say something wrong? 
I was just having a go at the rumormongers.
Or are you being cautious again?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1351 on: February 15, 2013, 10:51:25 AM »
Dimma said today anyone on social media spreading this crap about any of our players including Dusty is "unAustralian".

He added there's too many whingers on social media and he can't stand it.

Dusty has been training well over the preseason. His footskills weren't up to what he would've have liked last Friday night in the All-Stars game but he was one of our best.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1352 on: February 15, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »
Dustin Martin Rumours Quashed
Richmond coach slams the 'un-Australian' world of social media

MMM
Friday, 15 Feb 2013

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has slammed social media after being forced to answer questions on Friday regarding rumours floated widely about Tigers star, Dustin Martin.

When quashing the rumours, Hardwick labelled social media as 'un-Australian'.

"He's a resilient individual but all we can deal with is the facts. He's training very, very well and we're pleased with the way he's going," said Hardwick, who added Martin was one of the Tigers' better players in the side's loss to the Indigenous All Stars last week.

"It's disappointing (the rumours). Social media; it's un-Australian. It's just whinging, whining, I can't stand it."

Triple M Footy doesn't want to republish the rumours circulating, but there have been some wild things said about Martin - especially in the past few days.

Many of these rumours have been posted by people on sites like Twitter and Facebook without any confirmation or proof to back them up.

No-one disputes Martin has had his off-field issues, however Richmond has never wavered that there has been nothing else to address in the pre-season regarding the midfielder.

Richmond players are contesting an intra-club match on Friday morning.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/damien-hardwick-quashes-dustin-martin-rumours/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1353 on: February 15, 2013, 11:10:14 AM »
Dimma also said that he's heard these rumours repeatedly for a month(s) that things were going to happen within 24 hours so it must be a long 24 hours. Then he went into the "unAustralian" comments and his hatred of social media.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1354 on: February 15, 2013, 11:18:19 AM »
There was a rumour on Twitter last night, that was quickly removed, that said Connors and Pettifer had fled the country.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1355 on: February 15, 2013, 11:39:54 AM »
Dimma also said that he's heard these rumours repeatedly for a month(s) that things were going to happen within 24 hours so it must be a long 24 hours. Then he went into the "unAustralian" comments and his hatred of social media.
Months!.....
Why has it taken so long to quash the rumors?

....finalmente!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1356 on: February 15, 2013, 11:44:44 AM »
That wasn't so hard RFC was it!

Now let's concentrate on smashing the cheating scum in R1!   :gotigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1357 on: February 15, 2013, 11:57:32 AM »
Good, everyone can now move on!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1358 on: February 15, 2013, 12:15:35 PM »
Good, everyone can now move on!

agree 100% WAT

But I reckon there are some that can't because they don't know how or simply dont want too
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1359 on: February 15, 2013, 12:17:33 PM »
Sorry WP. Did I say something wrong? 
I was just having a go at the rumormongers.
Or are you being cautious again?

Appreciate what your intention was but didn't want to open things up to so someone foolishly posts what the "rumour" is/was

Don't mistake being cautious with being responsible to this site  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1360 on: February 15, 2013, 01:06:45 PM »
Angry Hardwick quells rumours of Dustin Martin sacking
By Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Friday, February 15, 2013

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has quashed social media rumours surrounding Dustin Martin and denies the young midfielder is on the verge of being sacked.

Martin, 21, has been at the centre of rumours on Twitter and internet forums suggesting he one of the players under investigation by the Australian Crime Commission and that this, along with his off-field behaviour have led to him being on the outer at the club.

Hardwick said social media was "un-Australian" amid the swirling stories, and there was no truth to the suggestion the Tigers were about to sack Martin – a rumour he said he first heard six weeks ago.

"He's fine. It's disappointing; social media – it's un-Australian. It's just whinging, whining … I can't stand it," Hardwick said on Friday.

"He's a resilient individual but all we can only deal in, is the facts; he's training very, very well and we're pleased with the way he's going.

"You only have to look at his form against the All Stars last week. His disposal probably wasn't to the level we expect but he was one of our better players."

Martin had a slow start against the Indigenous All Stars on Friday night in Alice Springs but got going in the second quarter, and gathered plenty of the ball across half back.

He was suited up to play in the Tigers' intra-club match at Punt Road on Friday morning.

Hardwick said Martin's form on the track over the summer had been promising.

"He's training very, very well and he's going to be a very, very good player for us this year."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-15/twitter-rumours-unaustralian?utm_medium=RSS

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1361 on: February 15, 2013, 01:18:50 PM »
There was a rumour on Twitter last night, that was quickly removed, that said Connors and Pettifer had fled the country.

If proven true I'm starting the rumour that Dusty will win multiple Brownlows  :shh

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1362 on: February 15, 2013, 02:42:36 PM »
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has slammed as "un-Australian" ongoing social media rumours concerning star midfielder Dustin Martin.

Martin has been the subject of persistent unfounded rumours that he had been linked to the sporting drugs probe and that his playing future at Richmond was in doubt.

A clearly frustrated Hardwick said on Friday he had no time for unsubstantiated claims.

"He's a resilient individual but all we can deal in is the facts," Hardwick said.

"He's training very, very well. We're pleased with the way that he's going.

"You've only got to look at his form versus the All-Stars last week.

"His disposals probably weren't to the level that we expect but he's one our better players.

"He's fine."

Hardwick said the fact that rumours were swirling around Martin without any substance was something foreign to Australian standards.

"It's disappointing - social media, it's un-Australian," said Hardwick.

"It's just whingeing, whining. I can't stand it.'

Hardwick said Martin, who was suspended for two games last year by the Tigers for missing a training session after taking a sleeping pill, was abiding by team rules.

"All we can deal with is the facts," he said.

"He's training very, very well and he's going to be a very, very good player for us this year."

Richmond took part in an intra-club hit out on Friday as they prepare for their NAB Cup season opener next weekend against North Melbourne and Melbourne.

Hardwick said the Tigers' pre-season had been impressive.

"It's been a lot better," Hardwick said. "The training age of our team has improved so that means we can get more training into our guys.

"We've had a new fitness regime come in and we've been really impressed with that one.

"We've been pleased with what we've been able to put on the track. The thing that has been noticeable is that the boys can handle more work, compared to last year."

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1363 on: February 15, 2013, 03:03:07 PM »
eliminator, can you add the source link to that article.

tony_montana

« Reply #1364 on: February 15, 2013, 03:23:28 PM »
That wasn't so hard RFC was it!

Now let's concentrate on smashing the cheating scum in R1!   :gotigers

:thumbsup