Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 904387 times)

tony_montana

Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #1485 on: April 14, 2013, 06:31:21 PM »
I aint completely sure but I think Dusty passed the 30 possession mark today.is that the first time he has done this?

Nah hes done it before

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1486 on: April 14, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »
I aint completely sure but I think Dusty passed the 30 possession mark today.is that the first time he has done this?

Nope, 4 times before today.

the claw

« Reply #1487 on: April 14, 2013, 06:39:30 PM »
i know he had 30 plus at least twice last yr.
thing is he has rarely dipped below 20 possesions a game. he ave 22 possesions a game last yr and with so few really high possesion games  this shows just how consistently he got those 20 plus possies every week.
when the tank is built his average will go over 25 possesions a game with many more 30 plus  games.
this has always been his real upside. he averages  22 disposals a game  and impacted games all without a real tank. we are yet to see his best.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1488 on: April 14, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »

...... he averages  22 disposals a game  and impacted games all without a real tank. we are yet to see his best.

And that is the biggest thing I got out of today's game - Dusty did more gut running today than I have ever seen from him and that warmed the cockles of my l'il heart!  Told me that Dusty is fair dinkum and can become elite.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1489 on: April 14, 2013, 07:57:09 PM »
150 SC points. stuff me.

Great choice only the best would've picked him  :shh

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1490 on: April 14, 2013, 07:58:28 PM »

...... he averages  22 disposals a game  and impacted games all without a real tank. we are yet to see his best.

And that is the biggest thing I got out of today's game - Dusty did more gut running today than I have ever seen from him and that warmed the cockles of my l'il heart!  Told me that Dusty is fair dinkum and can become elite.

Looked absolutely spent!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1491 on: April 14, 2013, 07:58:42 PM »
One word about todays performance, whoa :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #1492 on: April 14, 2013, 08:09:39 PM »
Great to see Dusty run out 4 quarters today, if not his best game, very close.......
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1493 on: April 14, 2013, 08:09:45 PM »

You just have to hope he can get to Gazza Ablett like fitness because if that happens he's gonna be a superstar
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1494 on: April 14, 2013, 09:14:26 PM »
Ran really hard today to receive follow up posessions. Worked really really hard. This is what he needs to perform at 9 times out of 10 to become elite and bury the potential tag. :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1495 on: April 15, 2013, 02:57:24 AM »
Dustin Martin broke the shackles for a full four quarters against the Western Bulldogs

Eliza Sewell
    April 14, 2013 9:01PM

DUSTIN Martin had been blowing up in third quarters - not against the Dogs at Etihad Stadium.

The Tiger collected 35 touches in a four-quarter display that helped deliver Richmond a 67-point win against the Western Bulldogs, its third win of the season.

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin said Martin, who played about 76 per cent game time, was learning his limits.

"I think he had 20-odd possessions in the first half last week and only 26 for the game," Cotchin said.

"He's just working on that consistency and he'll become a dominant midfielder of the game if he can work on those four-quarter efforts rather than two.

"We all go through it; I think I went through it two years ago. It's just about knowing your limitations with how long you can work and making sure you get a few more rotations so that you have money in the bank for the second half."

Martin's first official goal yesterday was a beauty from outside 50.

The goal he kicked that was disallowed after one of his teammates gave away a free kick on the goal line, was even better - a whopper from inside the centre square.

He had seven inside-50s and a hand in several scores.

Champion Data reckons Martin had 12 opponents. But he didn't seem to have any. As one radio commentator put it: "Memo Bulldogs: Martin is No.4."

"He and Lids (Brett Deledio), they like to get off the chain," Cotchin said.

"But that's what a good team's about: having a number of players who stand up."

Martin stayed with Cotchin for about three weeks this year and the skipper said it had had an impact.

"It was good. It just created a bond," Cotchin said.

"We were close, but now we're super close.

"He's a very shy kid; the more confidence he has in the people around him, the more he's going to show good signs."

Coach Damien Hardwick said it was possibly the best game Martin had played.

"His consistency over the course of the day was a lot better," Hardwick said.

"Funnily enough he only played 76 per cent game time. We have been working on his rotations and hes been going for too long on them, so it will be interesting to see what they were, but we were pleased from that from him."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/dustin-martin-broke-the-shackles-for-a-full-four-quarters-against-the-western-bulldogs/story-e6frf9mx-1226620287503

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1496 on: April 15, 2013, 07:01:15 AM »

He was best on ground. He presented very well. Alot of the time his leads were not rewarded when they should have been but he kept on presenting himself . A faultless game

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1497 on: April 15, 2013, 09:48:12 AM »
Great game from Dusty!! Well done mate!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1498 on: April 15, 2013, 09:49:36 AM »
Ran really hard today to receive follow up posessions. Worked really really hard. This is what he needs to perform at 9 times out of 10 to become elite and bury the potential tag. :thumbsup
Spot on, noticed him kicking back to Rance I think then sprinting to get the ball back and distribute up field then ran again.  :thumbsup

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1499 on: April 15, 2013, 10:10:30 AM »
i know he had 30 plus at least twice last yr.
thing is he has rarely dipped below 20 possesions a game. he ave 22 possesions a game last yr and with so few really high possesion games  this shows just how consistently he got those 20 plus possies every week.
when the tank is built his average will go over 25 possesions a game with many more 30 plus  games.
this has always been his real upside. he averages  22 disposals a game  and impacted games all without a real tank. we are yet to see his best.

He would have about 15 by half time every single week. He is going to be an absolute monster once his tank is built. Would be interested to know of his 30 possession games how many are at Etihad? Seems like if he played for an Etihad club he could win a Brownlow.  :lol