Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 902188 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3495 on: May 10, 2014, 08:12:57 AM »
Martin = God, do not knock the duster!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3496 on: May 25, 2014, 03:00:13 PM »
I personally think Dusty is our most valuable player. He just needs to play 4 quarters more often.
When he gets the footy he makes things happen.
Put him in the middle and let him win us some games.
Bloody star!!
Thoughts?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3497 on: May 25, 2014, 04:04:36 PM »
Any side that can't succeed with both Cotchin & Martin in it's midfield should be had up on charges of crimes against football.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3498 on: May 25, 2014, 05:05:12 PM »
Any side that can't succeed with both Cotchin & Martin in it's midfield should be had up on charges of crimes against football.

Add Deledio to that list and we have midfield cream but we never seem to get all 3 firing in the same game.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3499 on: May 25, 2014, 05:55:58 PM »
Think what happened against GWS has to happen all the time and stuff dimmas thoughts;

Martin in the middle
Lids hbf pushing up
Jack the sole target forward
Pettard in the magoos for ever

tony_montana

« Reply #3500 on: May 25, 2014, 06:31:43 PM »
Last 2 weeks he's played majority of the game in the guts and got over 30 possessions and played 4 qtrs.

about time the penny dropped

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3501 on: May 25, 2014, 07:29:31 PM »
Think what happened against GWS has to happen all the time and stuff dimmas thoughts;

Martin in the middle
Lids hbf pushing up

Guess who's still the senior coach, so you can expect
Martin mainly forward
Lids to the guts/forward
Jack out from goal with Vickery to FF
Petterd in for Jackson.

Can't have the coach and his panel to be shown to be clueless, boneheaded idiots that demotivate naturally competitive and skilled sportsmen.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3502 on: May 25, 2014, 08:06:04 PM »

Martin in the middle
Lids hbf pushing up

Guess who's still the senior coach, so you can expect
Martin mainly forward
Lids to the guts/forward
Jack out from goal with Vickery to FF
Petterd in for Jackson.

Can't have the coach and his panel to be shown to be clueless, boneheaded idiots that demotivate naturally competitive and skilled sportsmen.

Lol true

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3503 on: June 03, 2014, 08:42:20 AM »
Gets a lot of wraps for his offensive work but doesn't have a defensive bone in his body.
One way footballer with a poor work ethic who we should look to trade for something better and I don't care if he's leading the JDM or not.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3504 on: June 03, 2014, 09:02:03 AM »
Gets a lot of wraps for his offensive work but doesn't have a defensive bone in his body.
One way footballer with a poor work ethic who we should look to trade for something better and I don't care if he's leading the JDM or not.

I'm interested why you think he has a "poor work ethic"

Is it because he hasn't got a great tank? Richo was asked about that in Sunday on 3AW, he said it had nothing to do with him not working hard or being fit, said aerobically he just doesn't have a big tank but it had improved over the last 12-18 months but there was still room for improvement. Also said he works extremely hard at training

Defensively he was helluva lot better than some of his team mates on the weekend. I think the defensive side of his game has improved alot but still needs to improve alot more
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3505 on: June 03, 2014, 09:18:56 AM »
I'm interested why you think he has a "poor work ethic"

Barely tackles. Hardly ever picks up an opponent and 1%s are near non existent.
Not interested in blue collar football at all. If that's due to his engine, then it's only got 2 cylinders.
Pretty good offensive game which many get blinkered by but he's nowhere near the complete footballer.
Premiership teams require it but I can't see it changing.
As I have said before that is a cancer on the team when they don't see supposed elite players working hard in those areas.

tony_montana

« Reply #3506 on: June 03, 2014, 11:15:45 AM »
Ive seen a massive improvement in his defensive work ethic since the brisbane game tbh, prior to that MM had a point, since then dimma has given him more time in the middle and Ive seen him chasing and tackling with a lot more verve

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3507 on: June 03, 2014, 11:28:57 AM »
He's looking slow though. Seeing him get pinged for holding the ball more times this year than ever before.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3508 on: June 03, 2014, 11:37:37 AM »
Martin's lack of defensive effort is the least of our worries - unlike the other bludgers, he can do damage when he has it , in fact I'd love to have 5 Dustin Martins - one back, one forward , one inside, one outside and a sub just to take the pee.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3509 on: June 03, 2014, 11:46:08 AM »
Martin's lack of defensive effort is the least of our worries - unlike the other bludgers, he can do damage when he has it , in fact I'd love to have 5 Dustin Martins - one back, one forward , one inside, one outside and a sub just to take the pee.

Agree you could say that he is at least half way there, compared to our half a team of spuds who don't impact defending or attacking