Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 902221 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3540 on: June 10, 2014, 08:53:50 AM »
Why Hardwick wanted to play him down back is a joke

x 1000000, but the know all don't agree....teach him to defend.....bla bla stuffing bla.

LMAO

His work off half half back and the middle set us up in the first half. On at least three occasions he set up forward thrusts with long accurate passes from half back that sliced Norths zone defence up. What a waste having someone on half back doing that.

Martin was largely responsible for getting the momentum our way which then allowed the luxury of plonking him him forward.

unfortunately in the second half we got smashed out of the middle and across half back so having him forward was about as effective as having him on the bench.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3541 on: June 10, 2014, 09:00:39 AM »
He also made a lot of errors in the 2nd half. When/if Dustin can regularly turn it on for a full game and improve his defensive game then he'll be an elite player in the competition. Until then in the overall scheme of things he remains just a good player.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3542 on: June 10, 2014, 11:15:27 AM »
Too much focus on vanity and lifestyle.

Not enough on getting fit enough to play two halves

it's true.

Had he been elite fit he would have won the game on his own

in theory. But how many players do you see get 19 possessions and 4 goals in a half and then go on to get 38 possessions and 8 goals by full time? Not even Ablett, Pendlebury, or Swan could've singlehandedly won us the match given the way the rest of the team packed up their bags and left after half time.

It was unfortunate Martin tapered off but that's where you would hope the other midfielders clamp down on the opposition. He single handedly pretty much set up out lead. I hold no grudge against him for the effort he put in.

May I suggest we play a game where we don't bag out the only player who played well great last night?

Didn't mean he had to finish with ten goals and forty touches.

But if your going to do nothing in 2nd half - at least don't give away silly frees

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3543 on: June 12, 2014, 07:13:23 PM »
Martin to build on strong start
Adrian Ceddia 
June 12, 2014

Dynamic Richmond midfielder Dustin Martin believes maintaining consistency is the key to continuing his strong start to the 2014 season.

After the first 12 rounds of the year, Martin is averaging per game more disposals (26) and goals (1.5) than in 2013, when he finished runner-up in the Jack Dyer Medal.

He leads the competition for average kicks per match (17.3), leads the Tigers for inside 50s, uncontested possessions and average disposals, and is second on the Club’s goalkicking list with 17, behind Jack Riewoldt.

A further boost to his fitness levels has enabled him to run out games more than he ever has before.

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-06-12/martin-to-build-on-strong-start

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3544 on: June 12, 2014, 07:46:04 PM »
Why Hardwick wanted to play him down back is a joke

x 1000000, but the know all don't agree....teach him to defend.....bla bla stuffing bla.

LMAO

His work off half half back and the middle set us up in the first half. On at least three occasions he set up forward thrusts with long accurate passes from half back that sliced Norths zone defence up. What a waste having someone on half back doing that.

Martin was largely responsible for getting the momentum our way which then allowed the luxury of plonking him him forward.

unfortunately in the second half we got smashed out of the middle and across half back so having him forward was about as effective as having him on the bench.

Yeah, LMFAO at your supposed logic, the same Logic you tried and keep trying every time we lose which has been all all season. He got the momentum forward by playing centre, not back and when he ended up forward he kicked goals.

There is only so much he can do.

I suppose you also condone the Morris move forward, stuff me, that's worked a treat.. :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3545 on: June 12, 2014, 07:51:54 PM »
Yeah stuff me stuffing

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3546 on: June 12, 2014, 07:54:51 PM »
and some of you stuffwits wanted him gone.

NFI !!
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3547 on: June 12, 2014, 08:07:07 PM »
and some of you stuffwits wanted him gone.

NFI !!

Yeah the forum experts that didn't want to pay him his worth, couple of them posting at the moment.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3548 on: June 12, 2014, 08:50:04 PM »
I'd still trade him. Might get us a true gun midfielder who can run both ways for 120m.

Some of you 'stuff wits' carry on like he's the best player in the league. Miles from it. Miles.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3549 on: June 12, 2014, 08:54:31 PM »
Yet you expect he could get us a true gun midfielder who can run both ways for 120m.....
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3550 on: June 12, 2014, 08:56:01 PM »
Probably have to add a draft pick but there are plenty who overate him so may not be necessary.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #3551 on: June 12, 2014, 08:57:23 PM »
I'd still trade him. Might get us a true gun midfielder who can run both ways for 120m.

Some of you 'stuff wits' carry on like he's the best player in the league. Miles from it. Miles.
Ooh yeah let's trade him, who for fyfe or dangerfield or pendlebury ,  :lol :banghead
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3552 on: June 12, 2014, 08:58:44 PM »
Ooh yeah let's trade him, who for fyfe or dangerfield or pendlebury ,  :lol :banghead

We wouldn't get near those guys for a straight swap. Other clubs would laugh.

tony_montana

« Reply #3553 on: June 12, 2014, 09:01:41 PM »
One of the most destructive mids in the game

/end

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3554 on: June 12, 2014, 09:11:09 PM »

But good on Shane Edwards for getting a 2 year contract extension. :shh

That's gold Magic. :lol :rollin :lol