Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 902198 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #4035 on: June 14, 2016, 09:21:16 PM »
There you go again- a half truth.
Never have I said you wanted Dusty sacked, not even you would say something so stupid but this is what you did say the punishment should be and its in about page 5 of that thread. Page 5, barely enough time for it to even sink in let alone time to take in the facts.

You mention in your most recent post you think he should be have been fined and miss the pre-season but you failed to mention what else you said. Pretty convenient!
Take a read

Agree

Have said a couple of times he was complete moron and his actions were disgusting

After having time to consider it all

Taking out how it all came to being in the public domain which is I think is dubious at best the fact is he, while drunk threatened someone; gender is not the issue. The issue is he threatened someone. So based on that...

I believe he needs to be punished and it needs to be a decent punishment, slap over a the wrist and a token fine isn't enough. Understand under the CBA maximum he can be fined is $5k what a farcical situation that is

Anyway IMESHO he should cop a suspension of the entire preseason comp and a minimum of 5 weeks of the main season, the $5k fine is obvious but I'd be telling him it's in his best interest to donate a large chunk of change to White Ribbon. I'd also get him to spend some time with the White Ribbon Org to hopefully get the message

Just my take

How can it be a half truth when what you've quoted above is what I actually put in my response to you. I owned that comment and I stand by it. He should have been punished.

It's pretty clear he was guilty in your mind without being given the benefit of the doubt. That's what discusted me at the time and it's why I remember it. You jumped on the "White Ribbon" ban wagon again without knowing what took place.

Really you can now think for me can you? You know what was going on in my mind.

Me not liking you is irrelevant and not true, I don't know you but I know you jumped at the chance to put the boots into one of our own without a shred of evidence.  Which makes me sick!!

If you want to keep going with this crap I will but I got to page 5 and found you to have only posted half of what you really said.

I never really heard whether KB apologised for what he said on SEN about Dusty but I know you haven't said you got it wrong. And you did get it wrong. All the other stuff you want to try to bring into it doesn't take away the fact that you had him missing the preseason games, 5 home and away games, $5000 plus a large chunk of change and finally doing work with White Ribbon.

I will repeat I know what I said, I am very well aware of what I said, what punishment he should have got and I although it disgusts you, that was my opinion, which I was entitled to and I stand by. So please don't accuse my half truths, twisting things, I haven't twisted anything my views are there for all to see and I haven't changed them at all. And Btw how convenient you go after me but no one else that said the same.... and if you go through the other 70 odd pages you will find not only my responses regarding punishment don't change but I whack the club, the media, the woman, I don't discriminate...but I am sure you'll ignore that as it doesn't suit your purpose.

And NO I have intention of going on with this "crap" you've made your point via having your whack, abusing me and caling me a liar. I don't think there is anything left. I've certainly know everything I need to know
Dusty was found by the Victorian Police to not have a case to answer to but in your wisdom you still expect him to be punished as per the following still to this day,
-miss the entire preseason comp.
-MISS 5 HOME AND AWAY GAMES (you failed to mention that in your comments previously)
-pay a $5000 fine
-"pay a big chunk of change to White Ribbon"
-"spend time with the White Ribbon Org to hopefully get the message"

Its funny that you "stand by your comments" even though they were made before the police investigation and then hearing Dusty had no case to answer to??

Should he get the same punishment if found guilty or innocent?

Can you explain that?

Can anyone explain that?

i understand that was your opinion on hearing what the media said took place, but now after the police have said Dustry had no case to answer to that you still stand by the punishment you wanted for him originally??

You say "your views are there for all to see and you haven't changed them at all" but that's the point. Why does your original opinion on his punishment not change after hearing Dusty was wrongly accused??
He didn't do what was reported originally and yet you still want the same punishment to this day. As you say "you stand by your comments".
Can you please explain that??

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4036 on: June 14, 2016, 10:09:36 PM »
Dusty is now up to sixth on the AFL Coaches Association award  :thumbsup.

AFLCA leaderboard

56 Patrick Dangerfield (Geel)
55 Dan Hannebery (Syd)
55 Rory Sloane (Adel)
52 Joel Selwood (Geel)
47 Todd Goldstein (NM)
46 Dustin Martin (Rich)
41 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
41 Tom Lynch (GC)
41 Jack Ziebell (NM)
40 Eddie Betts (Adel)
40 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-14/aflca-votes-round-12

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4037 on: June 14, 2016, 11:05:15 PM »
this will be my final reply to you on this issue because you refuse for whatever reason to actually read what I've written. 

-MISS 5 HOME AND AWAY GAMES (you failed to mention that in your comments previously)
-pay a $5000 fine

Firstly this is what I quoted when I first replied to you with examples of what I wrote

Yes this female may well have said something to him but regardless of what was said, his response was totally inappropriate.

Agree

Have said a couple of times he was complete moron and his actions were disgusting

Taking out how it all came to being in the public domain which is I think is dubious at best the fact is he, while drunk threatened someone; gender is not the issue. The issue is he threatened someone. So based on that...

I believe he needs to be punished and it needs to be a decent punishment, slap over a the wrist and a token fine isn't enough. Understand under the CBA maximum he can be fined is $5k what a farcical situation that is

Anyway IMESHO he should cop a suspension of the entire preseason comp and a minimum of 5 weeks of the main season, the $5k fine is obvious but I'd be telling him it's in his best interest to donate a large chunk of change to White Ribbon. I'd also get him to spend some time with the White Ribbon Org to hopefully get the message

Just my take

You accuse me of not mentioning something in my first post but it is clearly there so, I've highlighted it again. It is there, no failure on my part.

However, If you are taking about my very first reply without any quoting (which I think you might be  :huh), then yep forgot the 5 H&A games but low an behold I didn't attempt to hide it and edit the direct quote out of the original thread did I? took ownership of what I wrote which is contrary to the your accusations about my posting.

I could have changed it but I didn't copied what I wrote at the time, didn't shy away from it, posted it lock, stock and barrel. So again don't accuse me of only posting half truths - I have in fact posted exactly what I wrote.

Its funny that you "stand by your comments" even though they were made before the police investigation and then hearing Dusty had no case to answer to??

Can you explain that?

Can anyone explain that?

i understand that was your opinion on hearing what the media said took place, but now after the police have said Dustry had no case to answer to that you still stand by the punishment you wanted for him originally??

You say "your views are there for all to see and you haven't changed them at all" but that's the point. Why does your original opinion on his punishment not change after hearing Dusty was wrongly accused??
He didn't do what was reported originally and yet you still want the same punishment to this day. As you say "you stand by your comments".

Explain it? I have explained it but you don't like the answer so you want further explanation.

Wrongly accused? Yes He was not charged by the police for threatening the woman = not in dispute.

But he was also accused of being drunk in public, so drunk 3-4 weeks into pre-season training that he himself admitted he could remember what happened, he could barely stand up, and verbally abused a member of the public (granted an attention seeking hypocrite) . That is not in dispute and that is what IMESHO he should have still been punished for. that is what I said after he was cleared by the cops. My stance on his moronic behaviour did not change. Find it amusing that you've come after me over my comments but not bothered attacking anyone else. Why is that exactly?

But just so you know I wans't selective the other day in quoting posts on the topic here's a few more that are throughout the 74 pages, and oddly my opinion is the same throughout

A whack at the media
Now I am going to go whack here

I still think Dusty did a moronic thing

But he media have today stooped to anew level of gutter journalism

The HUN article Dio posted, the tripe in the Age from John Silvestor is simply shameful, pathetic and totally over the top. Talk about prejudicing a persons case.

Suggest the media Let the cops do their job rather than ranting like lunatics on Ice.

Let the cops decide what to do with this case

And if that means he gets charged, he gets charged, if if means there is no case here then fine move on.

But this media grandstanding and trying to score points off the back of this gutter journalism at of the highest order

From another poster who you haven't attacked but gave Dusty a whack

At the end of the day, Dustin has only got himself to blame.

If Dustin didn't have any understanding of how his actions could impact the larger supporter group and football community then he certainly will have now.

This is the reality that a lot of young footballers don't actually get, they don't actually get that they can have such a large-scale impact on the community of course with the backing of media hysteria.

Good luck to him, he is going to need it. The press are after blood, the club is probably too scared to act, not that they can probably do very much anyway, but still.

I think involving the police was very good idea I think by doing that it will actually stabilise the scene to some extent there will be some goading by press towards the Richmond football club to smash Dustin I think they need to judge the evidence on its merit and act accordingly.

He might get eight weeks

And then this (please read it carefully):

Why the lack of support behind our club and player WP? Seem all you have done is play devils advocate.

I support Dusty, but I am not going to sit here and say he didn't do a completely stupid, idiotic, moronic thing. I am not going to sit here a say he is the sole victim here because he isn't. 3-4 weeks into pre-season he goes out and gets himself so smashed he can't remember what he did or didn't do, that's not smart, that's stupid

He deserves to punished for being a an idiot. Do I believe he should cop 12 months, 15 games? No but he needs to cop some sort of whack.

If it was a player that people on here can't stand or a bloke in our bottom 10 and folks want out of the club I doubt the support would be there. The posts would be "sack him"

Forgive me for not excusing his behaviour simply because he is one of best players. In this situation all players should be treated the same..

And then this after it was announced he wasn't going to be charged (put my hand up here I thought the club would punish him they didn't - got that wrong)
Hahahahahahaha classic. WP you still thinks he deserves a  punishment?? :thumbsup
Yeah, I do for being an idiot absolutely

Getting totally tanked, so tanked he can't remember what he did and behaving like moron in a public place 3 weeks into preseason was stupid so yeah he deserves a whack for that. Any other player would cop a punishment

And like it or not he will cop one  :thumbsup

And finally from page 65 of the thread
I will be interested to see what the club does the next time one of our players is drunk in public. Will the be so generous in the punishment? They've set the standard so I hope they consistently apply this to every player on the list

And before people start in on me for having an opinion that's not popular

I have been very very consistent on this issue from day 1 and so people are clear I'll go through it all again

- Dusty deserved to be punished for being a moron. 4 weeks into pre-season training to be so drunk that he can't remember what he said or did is not acceptable. IMHO He is very lucky with what he's been dealt as it is a soft penalty. As I posted above I hope the club is consistent in any future punishment they dish out for similar incidents if they occur. Onus is on the club now to ensure they treat all players the same, doubt they will be but hey thats the RFC for you

- The woman who made the allegations - I have said from day 1- why if she was so traumatised, so in fear of safety did she not call the cops on the spot, get the restaurant to kick him out? Why did she wait over 48 hours to do anything (ring the club and tell her employer Ch7)? That was pathetic on her part. The fact she refused to give the cops a statement speaks volumes about her I would have thought

- I welcomed the Police getting involved. Glad they did because the accusations were serious. They have found that on the issue of the threats with chopsticks - no case.

- I made it very clear that if the accusations were found to be true then Dusty had to cop a whack. I stand by that I don't care who you are, what your lot in life is behaviour like that is simply not acceptable from anyone towards anyone, gender, race, nationality has no bearing

-  I never once said he should be sacked or suspended for 12 months, said he should be punished for being a moron

Can I be any clearer in what I said / wrote? There is no ambiguity. My opinion is clear

So I have explained it. It's all there so what needs further explanation?

You don't like it, fine

But don't abuse me for having an opinon, don't accuse me of lying, accuse me of not owning my opinions and never accuse me of not supporting Dusty because I always have, always will. Bad, stupid, moronic behaviour by any of our players should not be ignored or excused just because of their ability or overall importance to the club.  There shouldn't be different rules for different fools
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:57:54 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4038 on: June 15, 2016, 09:05:30 AM »
I am glad I backed Dusty at the big odds to win the Brownlow Medal before round 1 👍

:thumbsup you could be on a winner there. l not had a bet on the Brownlow yet

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4039 on: June 15, 2016, 09:24:37 AM »
this will be my final reply to you on this issue because you refuse for whatever reason to actually read what I've written. 

-pay a $5000 fine

Firstly this is what I quoted when I first replied to you with examples of what I wrote

Yes this female may well have said something to him but regardless of what was said, his response was totally inappropriate.

Agree

Just my take

You accuse me of not mentioning something in my first post but it is clearly there so, I've highlighted it again. It is there, no failure on my part.

However, If you are taking about my very first reply without any quoting (which I think you might be  :huh), then yep forgot the 5 H&A games but low an behold I didn't attempt to hide it and edit the direct quote out of the original thread did I? took ownership of what I wrote which is contrary to the your accusations about my posting.

I could have changed it but I didn't copied what I wrote at the time, didn't shy away from it, posted it lock, stock and barrel. So again don't accuse me of only posting half truths - I have in fact posted exactly what I wrote.

Can you explain that?

Can anyone explain that?

Explain it? I have explained it but you don't like the answer so you want further explanation.

Wrongly accused? Yes He was not charged by the police for threatening the woman = not in dispute.

But he was also accused of being drunk in public, so drunk 3-4 weeks into pre-season training that he himself admitted he could remember what happened, he could barely stand up, and verbally abused a member of the public (granted an attention seeking hypocrite) . That is not in dispute and that is what IMESHO he should have still been punished for. that is what I said after he was cleared by the cops. My stance on his moronic behaviour did not change. Find it amusing that you've come after me over my comments but not bothered attacking anyone else. Why is that exactly?

But just so you know I wans't selective the other day in quoting posts on the topic here's a few more that are throughout the 74 pages, and oddly my opinion is the same throughout

A whack at the media
Now I am going to go whack here

I still think Dusty did a moronic thing

But he media have today stooped to anew level of gutter journalism

The HUN article Dio posted, the tripe in the Age from John Silvestor is simply shameful, pathetic and totally over the top. Talk about prejudicing a persons case.

Suggest the media Let the cops do their job rather than ranting like lunatics on Ice.

Let the cops decide what to do with this case

And if that means he gets charged, he gets charged, if if means there is no case here then fine move on.

But this media grandstanding and trying to score points off the back of this gutter journalism at of the highest order

From another poster who you haven't attacked but gave Dusty a whack

At the end of the day, Dustin has only got himself to blame.

If Dustin didn't have any understanding of how his actions could impact the larger supporter group and football community then he certainly will have now.

This is the reality that a lot of young footballers don't actually get, they don't actually get that they can have such a large-scale impact on the community of course with the backing of media hysteria.

Good luck to him, he is going to need it. The press are after blood, the club is probably too scared to act, not that they can probably do very much anyway, but still.

I think involving the police was very good idea I think by doing that it will actually stabilise the scene to some extent there will be some goading by press towards the Richmond football club to smash Dustin I think they need to judge the evidence on its merit and act accordingly.

He might get eight weeks

And then this (please read it carefully):

Why the lack of support behind our club and player WP? Seem all you have done is play devils advocate.

I support Dusty, but I am not going to sit here and say he didn't do a completely stupid, idiotic, moronic thing. I am not going to sit here a say he is the sole victim here because he isn't. 3-4 weeks into pre-season he goes out and gets himself so smashed he can't remember what he did or didn't do, that's not smart, that's stupid

He deserves to punished for being a an idiot. Do I believe he should cop 12 months, 15 games? No but he needs to cop some sort of whack.

If it was a player that people on here can't stand or a bloke in our bottom 10 and folks want out of the club I doubt the support would be there. The posts would be "sack him"

Forgive me for not excusing his behaviour simply because he is one of best players. In this situation all players should be treated the same..

And then this after it was announced he wasn't going to be charged (put my hand up here I thought the club would punish him they didn't - got that wrong)
Hahahahahahaha classic. WP you still thinks he deserves a  punishment?? :thumbsup
Yeah, I do for being an idiot absolutely

Getting totally tanked, so tanked he can't remember what he did and behaving like moron in a public place 3 weeks into preseason was stupid so yeah he deserves a whack for that. Any other player would cop a punishment

And like it or not he will cop one  :thumbsup

And finally from page 65 of the thread
I will be interested to see what the club does the next time one of our players is drunk in public. Will the be so generous in the punishment? They've set the standard so I hope they consistently apply this to every player on the list

And before people start in on me for having an opinion that's not popular

I have been very very consistent on this issue from day 1 and so people are clear I'll go through it all again

- Dusty deserved to be punished for being a moron. 4 weeks into pre-season training to be so drunk that he can't remember what he said or did is not acceptable. IMHO He is very lucky with what he's been dealt as it is a soft penalty. As I posted above I hope the club is consistent in any future punishment they dish out for similar incidents if they occur. Onus is on the club now to ensure they treat all players the same, doubt they will be but hey thats the RFC for you

- The woman who made the allegations - I have said from day 1- why if she was so traumatised, so in fear of safety did she not call the cops on the spot, get the restaurant to kick him out? Why did she wait over 48 hours to do anything (ring the club and tell her employer Ch7)? That was pathetic on her part. The fact she refused to give the cops a statement speaks volumes about her I would have thought

- I welcomed the Police getting involved. Glad they did because the accusations were serious. They have found that on the issue of the threats with chopsticks - no case.

- I made it very clear that if the accusations were found to be true then Dusty had to cop a whack. I stand by that I don't care who you are, what your lot in life is behaviour like that is simply not acceptable from anyone towards anyone, gender, race, nationality has no bearing

-  I never once said he should be sacked or suspended for 12 months, said he should be punished for being a moron

Can I be any clearer in what I said / wrote? There is no ambiguity. My opinion is clear

So I have explained it. It's all there so what needs further explanation?

You don't like it, fine

But don't abuse me for having an opinon, don't accuse me of lying, accuse me of not owning my opinions and never accuse me of not supporting Dusty because I always have, always will. Bad, stupid, moronic behaviour by any of our players should not be ignored or excused just because of their ability or overall importance to the club.  There shouldn't be different rules for different fools
I still think you are missing a very simple point-
You went hard at one of our players very early regardless of what they were accused of.
Why not give a person the benefit of the doubt before making sweeping statements on punishment.
Him being drunk in a public place and him threading to kill a female with chopsticks are miles apart. And so should the punishment. But it's clear you don't think that to this day.
I don't care if it was Dusty or Beliss who I cannot stand as a footballer, but I think both should get our support while things are just here say. If what was being reported was true than make a judgement after that was proven to be true.
I think I have been clear on my stance on this from day one too. Even the latest setback of Yarran, regardless of what he is going through or if we should of drafted him or not, he should get the support and loyalty of our supporters as he is one of us now.
To be honest the only reason I remembered YOU and nobody else through this, is because you are very measured with pretty much all your comments over the years on here, but I found what you suggested as punishment really early before knowing any facts totally out of character for you.
I don't like you or dislike you WP, but I was f$&king furious after reading your comments back then.
We all spend heaps of money on this club from year to year but one thing that doesn't cost anything is loyalty. And I think you fell short on the Dusty saga.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4040 on: June 15, 2016, 10:11:26 AM »
Omg can you two put a sock in it?

Agree to disagree, nobody gives a F for the arguing.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4041 on: June 15, 2016, 11:53:39 AM »
Might as well give Dusty the  2016 Jack Dyer medal now.

Would be a mile in front.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #4042 on: June 15, 2016, 12:01:12 PM »
Dusty is now up to sixth on the AFL Coaches Association award  :thumbsup.

AFLCA leaderboard

56 Patrick Dangerfield (Geel)
55 Dan Hannebery (Syd)
55 Rory Sloane (Adel)
52 Joel Selwood (Geel)
47 Todd Goldstein (NM)
46 Dustin Martin (Rich)
41 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
41 Tom Lynch (GC)
41 Jack Ziebell (NM)
40 Eddie Betts (Adel)
40 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-14/aflca-votes-round-12

Shane Edwards like
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4043 on: June 15, 2016, 01:44:32 PM »
Brian Lake only gave him one vote behind Lynch & Ablett on Fox Footy. What a flog.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4044 on: June 15, 2016, 02:51:57 PM »
Brian Lake only gave him one vote behind Lynch & Ablett on Fox Footy. What a flog.
I saw him eating pies continually at the game! ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4045 on: June 15, 2016, 04:34:43 PM »

Martin was clearly best on ground. He won us the game and showed Ablett how to play team oriented football. Lake is still recovering from the absolute thrashings he got from Richo and therefore his judgement is impaired.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4046 on: June 15, 2016, 05:10:28 PM »
Funny how Dustin Martin get's on the turps pre season and he gets all the support he can. If Conca was seen in McDonalds this place would go up in a fury of dud delist comments

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #4047 on: June 15, 2016, 05:15:24 PM »
Funny how Dustin Martin get's on the turps pre season and he gets all the support he can. If Conca was seen in McDonalds this place would go up in a fury of dud delist comments

What a crock.

Typical
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4048 on: June 15, 2016, 05:35:59 PM »
Typical deflection from who would be the main culprit :shh

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka