Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 902173 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5115 on: February 27, 2021, 07:41:52 PM »
325 or so max

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5116 on: February 28, 2021, 09:27:02 AM »
Quality over quantity. He did more with his current game tally than fletcher and Harvey did.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #5117 on: February 28, 2021, 11:17:38 AM »
Don’t underestimate just how good Fletcher was

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5118 on: February 28, 2021, 11:38:02 AM »
I reckon with a bit of luck and continued maturity ..... Dusty can play another 5-6 years.
He can spend more time up forward say in 2-3 years time like Lethal and just slot snacks from a pocket.
Will comfortably get to 350.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5119 on: March 01, 2021, 02:01:42 PM »
Don’t underestimate just how good Fletcher was

He was good! But his 400 games couldn’t hold a candle to Dusty’s career to date.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5120 on: March 09, 2021, 06:59:47 PM »
“HE’S A GREAT LAD”: STORM STAR REVEALS ADMIRATION FOR TIGERS CHAMPION

By Andrew Slevison
SEN
9 March 2021

Cameron Munster admits he would love to learn a bit more from AFL champion Dustin Martin.

The Melbourne Storm star recently spent time with the Richmond gun while shooting a Kayo ad with Anthony Hudson.

Munster and the triple premiership hero have an existing friendship but the Queensland Origin rep admits it remains a “pretty daunting” task to rub shoulders with such a superstar.

“Me and Dusty get along very well actually,” he said on SEN’s Whateley.

“I’ve known him for a couple of years now, we hang out every now and then. He’s a great lad.

“Rubbing shoulders with one of the best AFL players who has won three Norm Smiths is pretty daunting, but I just admire the way he goes about his business on and off the field.

“That’s why he’s one of the best quality players in this generation.”

Munster says he would love to swap more notes with Martin in regards to his customary ‘don’t argues’ as well as his overall preparation, particularly for big matches.

“I want to know how to palm like him, that’s for sure!” he laughed.

“Just picking his brain on what he does, how he prepares, because the way he plays in big matches I admire. It’s a bit of a shock to see how well he goes in big games.

“That’s why he’s the most sought player in the AFL. He plays big games and big minutes.

“I’ll make sure when I hang out with him next time that I’ll pick his brain even more.”

Munster and Martin helped guide their respective NRL and AFL sides to premierships in 2020, playing key roles on Grand Final night with the latter starring to claim an unprecedented third Norm Smith Medal for the Tigers.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/03/09/hes-a-great-lad-storm-star-reveals-admiration-for-tigers-champion/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5121 on: March 10, 2021, 07:35:12 PM »
Kane Cornes also said that specific [tackling] tactics against Richmond gun Dustin Martin were deployed in his time at Port Adelaide.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/03/10/afl-club-deployed-unique-tackling-tactic-against-joel-selwood/

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #5122 on: March 10, 2021, 09:01:47 PM »
Kane Cornes also said that specific [tackling] tactics against Richmond gun Dustin Martin were deployed in his time at Port Adelaide.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/03/10/afl-club-deployed-unique-tackling-tactic-against-joel-selwood/

Good work Kane .. made all the difference lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dustin Martin will finish in top 10 greatest players: Jonathan Brown (Age)
« Reply #5123 on: March 16, 2021, 04:31:52 AM »
Martin will finish in top 10 greatest players: Brown

Jake Niall
The Age
March 16, 2021

Dustin Martin will one day be ranked among the top 10 Australian rules footballers to have played the game, ex-Brisbane Lions champion Jonathan Brown says.

“Martin will, I think, clearly go down as [one of] the top 10 greatest players in the history of our game, absolutely,” Brown, a Fox Footy commentator and one of the AFL’s greatest key forwards, told The Age.

Brown said Martin was up in the company of Leigh Matthews, his former coach who won eight best and fairests at Hawthorn, four flags and booted 915 goals as a small forward/rover.

Brown said Martin’s presence gave Richmond confidence. “When you’ve got 150 years’ history of the game and you’ve got a bloke who delivers on the big stage time and time again, that gives you some confidence,” he said.

Asked if the Tigers would have won any of their three flags from 2017 without Martin, Brown said: “They might have. They certainly wouldn’t have won last year without him.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/martin-will-finish-in-top-10-greatest-players-brown-20210315-p57aym.html

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #5124 on: March 16, 2021, 12:28:53 PM »
Pfft Top 10...he'll be added to the Matthews v Carey convo.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5125 on: March 16, 2021, 12:47:18 PM »
Pfft Top 10...he'll be added to the Matthews v Carey convo.... :shh

Nah that convo will still go on...it will become the who is the second best player after Dusty

You know it makes sense

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #5126 on: March 16, 2021, 12:58:01 PM »
 :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5127 on: March 16, 2021, 07:48:33 PM »
Hardwick warned that Dustin Martin, who has put an emphasis on health and defensive operating throughout the pre-season, will attain one other degree this year.

“He’s had an incredible pre-season,” Hardwick mentioned. “I say it every year, but the reason he’s one of the best players in the competition, he’s self-driven and he tries to improve some facet of his game every year. He’s a wonderful player, he’s very easy to coach. His fitness work this year has been phenomenal.”

https://au.newschant.com/sports/richmond-tigers-coach-damien-hardwick-says-stop-blaming-coaches-for-ruining-the-game/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dusty’s dream: I want dad there for Tiges’ next flag (HeraldSun)
« Reply #5128 on: March 17, 2021, 07:11:51 AM »
Dusty’s dream: I want dad there for Tiges’ next flag

Dustin Martin would love for his dad, Shane, to see him win a grand final in person.

Richmond superstar Dustin Martin has revealed he’s still hopeful his father, Shane, will one day be present at the MCG to see him win another premiership.

Paywall: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-tigers-afl-news-damien-hardwick-says-his-side-is-hungrier-than-ever-entering-2021-season/news-story/85a981598a6913aeb78bf89a5eee8812

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5129 on: March 17, 2021, 11:14:18 PM »
RFC need to get him back so he wins the norm smith Brownlow and dominates at grand final again