Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 902238 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5370 on: March 17, 2022, 11:01:02 PM »
To be honest I'm more annoyed at how he simply doesn't contest at times. His best will still be brilliant I'd imagine but needs a better group around him to help him get there.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5371 on: March 17, 2022, 11:01:22 PM »
I'm going to say what I really think here.

I reckon dusty is on the decline and has been slowly for a couple of years or so. His best is still amazing but will be fewer occasions and farther between.

His breakaway pace has dropped off and he doesn't break tackles these days, has been the focus of attention for so long I think teams have figured out how best to play him.
Agree, think Dusty will play a more cameo role in the side rather than being a game breaker, sad in a way but it happens to all champions eventually.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #5372 on: March 17, 2022, 11:07:41 PM »
I'm going to say what I really think here.

I reckon dusty is on the decline and has been slowly for a couple of years or so. His best is still amazing but will be fewer occasions and farther between.

His breakaway pace has dropped off and he doesn't break tackles these days, has been the focus of attention for so long I think teams have figured out how best to play him.
Agree, think Dusty will play a more cameo role in the side rather than being a game breaker, sad in a way but it happens to all champions eventually.

Correct. He’s not in his prime anymore. Petracca and Cripps are.

The wheel turns. Time to find and find the next heroes.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5373 on: March 17, 2022, 11:20:20 PM »
Did anyone else think that Dusty might have twinged a hammy tonight? Felt like he wasn't a factor in the last qtr and spent a lot of time forward.
No mention of Dusty in Dimma's presser nor the AFL website's list of injuries in the match report. Not that that's any guarantee.

FooffooValve

« Reply #5374 on: March 17, 2022, 11:25:26 PM »
Did anyone else think that Dusty might have twinged a hammy tonight? Felt like he wasn't a factor in the last qtr and spent a lot of time forward.
No mention of Dusty in Dimma's presser nor the AFL website's list of injuries in the match report. Not that that's any guarantee.

No, but he did stretch it a few times after kicking that goal in the 3rd, then from then on basically went to centre bounces and drifted forward. A watch for during the week.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #5375 on: March 18, 2022, 02:12:38 AM »
He’s fried
Still a gun, but not nearly what he was

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5376 on: March 18, 2022, 07:00:59 AM »

No, but he did stretch it a few times after kicking that goal in the 3rd, then from then on basically went to centre bounces and drifted forward. A watch for during the week.
I rewatched that part of the game. Dusty does bend forward to stretch and then does a quick feel at the top of his back right leg.

Later on early on the last he does kick long with his right foot from HB. He has another short around the body kick on his right only about a minute later. Dusty also attends two centrebounces in the last but only touches it once when he kicks the ball into Cerra. The only query is near the end of the game when Dusty kicks with his left to Baker. Dusty did though walk off the ground fine along with rest of the team and he had nothing on his leg.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5377 on: March 18, 2022, 07:12:02 AM »
To be honest I'm more annoyed at how he simply doesn't contest at times. His best will still be brilliant I'd imagine but needs a better group around him to help him get there.
The 2017-2020 team around Dusty allowed him to be more aggressive with where he stood at stoppages and not worry about the defensive side of the game too much. However, with our now weaker midfield, he at least got caught out twice in the last quarter not being defensively minded at stoppages which allowed Cerra to stand on his own defensive side of the stoppage and then freely get goal side to receive and win the clearance.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5378 on: March 22, 2022, 07:33:40 PM »
Dusty didn't train today. With a 10 day break he was "told to rest up".

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1506176378198274050

FooffooValve

« Reply #5379 on: March 23, 2022, 08:41:50 PM »
Interested to see if he hits the track on Thursday/Friday or whenever our main session is. I still reckon he has a hamstring niggle.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Dusty taking Personal Leave from the Club may not play Sunday
« Reply #5380 on: March 24, 2022, 10:59:45 AM »
HUN, The Age and AFL website all saying Dusty has taken personal leave from the Club

Apparently Dimma said it in his weekly presser

May not play this Sunday

Take as much time as you need Dusty
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

FooffooValve

« Reply #5381 on: March 24, 2022, 11:04:58 AM »
Hope he's ok.

Another shock retirement pending?

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5382 on: March 24, 2022, 11:25:35 AM »
Hope he's ok.

Wouldn't surprise me,

FooffooValve

« Reply #5383 on: March 24, 2022, 11:43:01 AM »
Hope he's ok.

Wouldn't surprise me,

He's done it all thrice (like Barty), but he can see the other side of the mountain, and it's looking like a steep downward incline. Why hang around? His earning capacity probably stays unaffected and he doesn't have to put his body through another few years of hell..for probably little result.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5384 on: March 24, 2022, 12:07:19 PM »
Hope he's ok.

Wouldn't surprise me,

He's done it all thrice (like Barty), but he can see the other side of the mountain, and it's looking like a steep downward incline. Why hang around? His earning capacity probably stays unaffected and he doesn't have to put his body through another few years of hell..for probably little result.

This, or he's still struggling re: his dad.