Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 904313 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5655 on: May 29, 2022, 08:38:06 PM »
Expectation for Dusty is huge.

Dusty best player in comp was 2017 and 18. That's 5 years ago. Look at Danger. He's finished.

Dusty is a big game player now, which come with inconsistency. He isn't a Parish, Oliver type where he is in his peak where being best player every week will happen.

His last 3 years he's had some inconsistent games. It's the fact he was able to pull out wordly performance in 2019 and 2020 finals which extended his aura and rightly so.

I think we need to pull back on expectations. He can't be expected to be best on every week any more. And hasn't been doing that for 2 seasons at least.
Go Tigers!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5656 on: May 29, 2022, 08:53:47 PM »
Was a big game on Friday night and he didn't produce much.

Probably won't be there at the business end of the year so not many big games left you'd think.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5657 on: June 11, 2022, 11:22:22 AM »
where is he at?

His best are not even great anymore, and if im being honest Cotch has delivered the same if not more than Dusty since the early part of last year.

I dont care for his previous years as that speaks for itself, but where is he now?

For mine he seems slow and has lost pace or is too timid to go in due to his injury. I dont really know but his form is average at best for a bloke on 1.2 million bux plus.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5658 on: June 11, 2022, 11:43:27 AM »
Said this before but his heart doesn't seem in it to the level we've seen previously. 

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5659 on: June 11, 2022, 02:37:37 PM »
If we make finals and get a sniff of winning it all - which I think is possible, dusty will give us an encore performance 100%.

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
« Reply #5660 on: June 11, 2022, 03:49:41 PM »
He looks as though he really is just going through the motions....Nowhere near where he was...Wants to be somewhere else..

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5661 on: June 11, 2022, 05:05:57 PM »
I have no doubt his kidney injury is still giving him grief. Not sure he has regained fitness or confidence. Even his kicking is off at the moment but I still think he has plenty of great footy left in him if he chooses to do what he needs to do to deliver it.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5662 on: June 11, 2022, 05:47:37 PM »
If we make finals and get a sniff of winning it all - which I think is possible, dusty will give us an encore performance 100%.

This.
Minions need to get us in a position to contend.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5663 on: June 11, 2022, 06:26:51 PM »
where is he at?

Personally, I reckon he is where someone who is grieving sometimes find themselves

Doing the best they can while still learning to live without a significant person in their life

Having been there myself people shouldn't think just because you are back to doing "normal" things, back to your day to day life the pain suddenly disappear. I would go to work, do my job as best I could but wasn't as invested as I needed to be. It took time but I got back there.

I am not trying to come across as some expert but I remember what I went through when I lost my Mum. She was the single biggest influence in my life and suddenly she was gone. It almost broke me. It took me close to 12 months to get through it.

Yes he's not at his best but considering he missed 6 odd weeks, he has had to deal with HUN printing more stories about his Dad in the last month I reckon he's doing OK

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #5664 on: June 11, 2022, 06:36:04 PM »
I lost my mum 3 months ago and I too just turn up  for work , but my head and heart aren’t in it that’s for sure.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5665 on: June 11, 2022, 08:15:02 PM »
Dusty's "just going" is still better than most others

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5666 on: June 11, 2022, 08:38:50 PM »
Tend to agree that he feels lost  without his Dad. His best friend and confidant who seemed to inspire him.
Seems down to me , which is normal when you lose the person you have been closest to

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5667 on: June 11, 2022, 08:41:17 PM »
I lost my mum 3 months ago and I too just turn up  for work , but my head and heart aren’t in it that’s for sure.

Really sorry to hear this gigantor. I’m sure I speak for all OER we’re always here to lend an ear.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5668 on: June 11, 2022, 08:54:01 PM »
If anyone is feeling sad or bored I'm down for a cuppa or a pot before the game haha

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #5669 on: June 11, 2022, 09:08:45 PM »
If anyone is feeling sad or bored I'm down for a cuppa or a pot before the game haha

Stick ya cuppa up ya bum lol
A dozen pints are always a good option 😂