Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 904320 times)

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5790 on: July 13, 2022, 11:57:32 PM »
Pretty well said Ramps.

Look at the Hawks. Absolutely fallen off a cliff. Yet Cats and Swans continue to stay top 8.
Throw Norf into that mix too, cut their list far too much all at once & they are paying a heavy price for that now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5791 on: July 14, 2022, 02:44:35 PM »
Whateley: Are the Swans stockpiling money for the possibility of Dustin Martin being available?

Harley: “Absolutely not. That is one thing I will comment on because there is absolutely no link between these two stories and these two players. I’ve said repeatedly and consistently, as I’ve said with Lance, that we have had no contact with nor conversations with Dustin Martin. He is not our player and it would be inappropriate for us to do that. I am a little bewildered about how the story around Dustin keeps resurfacing and resurfacing with a strong connection to the Swans because that is absolutely not the case.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/14/swans-ceo-comments-on-lance-franklin-reports-and-dustin-martin-links/

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5792 on: July 14, 2022, 04:53:37 PM »
It keeps resurfacing Harley because the Swans have a history of saying one thing with trades - or not saying anything then doing something big

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5793 on: July 16, 2022, 01:27:41 PM »
COULD A BLOCKBUSTER BUDDY/DUSTY SWAP BE ON THE CARDS?

Lance Franklin’s future is up in the air after reports emerged this week he’s considering retirement or departing the Swans amid frustrations around contract talks.

So could it open the door for a blockbuster swap for one of the game’s other biggest stars, Dustin Martin?

Harley again downplayed interest in Martin and denied that uncertainty around Frankin’s contract is linked to the club stockpiling cash for the Tigers superstar.

However journalist Jay Clark posed whether a Franklin/Martin swap could be on the cards.

“I think we all expected this to be a rubber stamp, a formality sort of situation, Buddy would go on again (at Sydney),” Clark said on Triple M.

“If you think about big Melbourne clubs in the window, could work out something like this, where could he land?

“It does make you think, if Dustin Martin wants to get out of the Melbourne fishbowl and go up there to Sydney, enjoy a bit of anonymity up there, would Lance Franklin be in the yellow and black? It is very interesting.

“I think this trade period is going to be a bonanza, and this is a curveball we did not see coming about the champ Lance Franklin.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-lance-franklin-for-dustin-martin-swap-sydney-swans-richmond-tigers-chad-wingard-future-players-out-of-contract-latest/news-story/950dbce715d9129395dbbc35c46839c8

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5794 on: July 16, 2022, 04:01:02 PM »
However journalist Jay Clark posed whether a Franklin/Martin swap could be on the cards.

Just another example that all this crap is media driven  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Broadsword

« Reply #5795 on: July 16, 2022, 04:02:39 PM »

Just another example that all this crap is media driven  ::).
It's shameless.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5796 on: July 16, 2022, 04:53:08 PM »
Only one thing excites me about Franklin and it ain't Lance

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5797 on: July 22, 2022, 01:49:53 PM »
Has done his hammy again at training apparently.  Out for the medium term so could be another 4-5 weeks.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5798 on: July 22, 2022, 02:04:37 PM »
Dustin Martin injury update

By Richmond Media - Just now

Dustin Martin has had a set back in his recovery from a hamstring strain.

An aggravation to his hamstring will mean Martin remains sidelined for the medium term.

Richmond will provide a further update when necessary.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1177283/dustin-martin-injury-update

and from the AFL site:

Tigers' HUGE blow as superstar suffers hamstring setback

RICHMOND has been dealt a huge blow with superstar Dustin Martin out for the "medium term" after a setback in his recovery from a hamstring strain.

Martin, 31, was nearing a return from the injury he suffered in the win over West Coast on July 3, although had been ruled out of Friday night's meeting with Fremantle.

However, the 2017 Brownlow medallist is set for an even longer spell on the sidelines after a setback was confirmed by the club on Friday.

"Dustin Martin has had a setback in his recovery from a hamstring strain," the Tigers said in a statement.

"An aggravation to his hamstring will mean Martin remains sidelined for the medium term."

Martin was initially expected to miss two matches after the injury in the 35-point win over the Eagles in round 16.

But the Tigers confirmed earlier this week they would be without Martin and Tom Lynch for the important clash with Freo at Marvel Stadium.

Richmond is clinging onto eighth spot on the ladder after costly losses to Gold Coast and North Melbourne in Martin's absence.

The latest setback is another blow to its finals chances, with big matches against Brisbane and Port Adelaide to come after it faces the Dockers.

The Tigers finish the home and away season with encounters against Hawthorn and Essendon.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/803284/tigers-huge-blow-as-superstar-suffers-hamstring-setback
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5799 on: July 22, 2022, 02:51:32 PM »
Absolute circus this has been how many setbacks this year on players. Love the champ , but he was never fit at all this year for me.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5800 on: July 22, 2022, 05:52:33 PM »
As I said, I'm not unhappy there will be change in our fitness and conditioning area. The past two years has been poor.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5801 on: July 22, 2022, 06:21:14 PM »
Here here MT, been a circus.

From Bank PCL diagnosis to Dusty set backs, to Lambert's very odd and vague information on hip. It's been an area that has fallen away very quickly post 2020.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5802 on: July 22, 2022, 07:05:00 PM »
Dusty very happy at Tigerland and Benny Gale confident Dusty will stay with two years left on his contract.

SOURCE: Tom Browne on 7News.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5803 on: July 22, 2022, 07:08:49 PM »
Dusty very happy at Tigerland and Benny Gale confident Dusty will stay with two years left on his contract.

SOURCE: Tom Browne on 7News.

That's just Benny's way of saying pay up Sydney or pee off.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5804 on: July 23, 2022, 01:23:39 AM »
It might be just me but I don’t believe all this hammy talk sounds like BS.

Does anyone know if he was at the game?
The club that keeps giving.