Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 902198 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5955 on: September 01, 2022, 10:19:55 PM »
Wasn't great.  Probably a liability.

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5956 on: September 01, 2022, 10:21:02 PM »
Pretty sure the conditioning staff said Dusty was overly cautious and wouldn’t push it. Pretty pee poor on Dusty’s behalf if that’s the case and almost makes me think he wants out. He should have been ready weeks ago.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5957 on: September 01, 2022, 10:23:10 PM »
If he wants out I hope he just retires. A Richmond immortal and one of the best players to grace the game. Retire a Richmond man and go hide under a rock

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5958 on: September 01, 2022, 10:29:39 PM »
He won't go to another team.

Post 2020 form has been fairly average. 3 injuries in 2 seasons. Questions around his desire
 Enormous back ended contract. I can't see anyone paying for that. Would be ridiculous for us to pay for some of his contract to go elsewhere.

He will be here or retire.
Go Tigers!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5959 on: September 01, 2022, 10:38:28 PM »
He was crap and shouldn't have played.

Graham should have played and locked down Neale.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5960 on: September 01, 2022, 10:57:50 PM »
Sorry some absolutely ridiculous comments on here. Had 17 touches and kicked a goal. Played vast majority forward. Had a bigger game than Bolton.
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5961 on: September 01, 2022, 11:08:18 PM »
Pretty sure the conditioning staff said Dusty was overly cautious and wouldn’t push it. Pretty pee poor on Dusty’s behalf if that’s the case and almost makes me think he wants out. He should have been ready weeks ago.
He redid the hammy against the Weagles. Automatic month to six weeks on the sidelines. Blame our conditioning.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5962 on: September 01, 2022, 11:17:50 PM »
He redid the hammy against the Weagles. Automatic month to six weeks on the sidelines. Blame our conditioning.
Agree. Our conditioning staff dropped the ball this season.

We clearly aren’t fit enough to apply the consistent pressure that made us so dominant and successful.
The club that keeps giving.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5963 on: September 01, 2022, 11:21:09 PM »
Tom Browne asked Dimma about Dusty's future.

Dimma said Dusty has got two years left to run on his contract. Speculation belongs on your (media) side of the table. He isn't going anywhere. He handles what he can control. Dimma said he can't comment as much as he would like given there's an investigation.

Tom Browne also said Ralph Carr told him before the game that Dusty was in a good frame of mind.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5964 on: September 01, 2022, 11:21:50 PM »
Sorry Dimma, you look silly having a crack at media for Dusty trade speculation. It's been rife since you said you'd give him your blessing if he wanted to leave.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5965 on: September 02, 2022, 01:17:41 AM »
If Dusty leaves who will be testing the ripeness of all the avocados and melons we get at the club.

Apparently there’s no one better.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5966 on: September 02, 2022, 01:19:02 AM »
‘He’s not going anywhere’: Coach backs Dusty to stay amid growing trade whispers

Greg Davis
Foxsports
September 2nd, 2022

Richmond hasn’t seen the last of Dustin Martin, with senior coach Damien Hardwick adamant the three-time Norm Smith Medallist will be a Tiger in 2023 and beyond.

Martin had 15 disposals, eight contested possessions, one goal and three inside 50s in the thrilling two-point elimination final loss to Brisbane, after eight weeks on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.

The triple Norm Smith medallist went into the sudden-death final at 80 per cent fitness and his role was compromised when Dion Prestia left the field with a hamstring injury just before halftime that forced Martin into the midfield for more minutes than planned.

Hardwick said Martin’s performance was “as expected” and was emphatic that the triple premiership star would remain at Punt Road.

“He’s got two years of his contract to run so as far as I’m concerned all the speculation comes from the people sitting over that side of the table (media),” he said.

“It’s pretty simple to me – if you guys keep talking about it, it creates speculation,“ he said.

“The reality is I’m telling you that he’s got two more years of his contract. He’s not going anywhere.”

There have been claims Martin wanted to explore a move to Sydney to continue his AFL career, with the Swans reportedly in the mix.

“We know he’s on $1.3 million for the next two seasons, he’s been umming and ahhing, he’s been telling people that he doesn’t love football anymore, maybe he needs a change of location, a change of geography,” journalist Sam McClure said on Channel Nine’s Footy Classified this week.

Hardwick said Martin handled the furore swirling around him over a controversial video leaked 24 hours before the final as best he could.

“We worry about the welfare of our players. But he manages to control that and gets on with it,” he said.

“It’s something I can’t really comment on as there’s an investigation going on, but we’ll work our way through that over the next week.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/hes-not-going-anywhere-coach-backs-dusty-to-stay-amid-growing-trade-whispers/news-story/32c1eaa8291319c9823ad696975e422e

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5967 on: September 02, 2022, 09:22:03 AM »
I'm on my flight home

Ralph Carr is sitting 4 rows in front of me.

Should I tap him on the shoulder and asking what's going on with Dusty in 2023?

While the plane was boarding he was telling the bloke sitting behind him where we lost the game ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5968 on: September 02, 2022, 10:09:16 AM »
I'm on my flight home

Ralph Carr is sitting 4 rows in front of me.

Should I tap him on the shoulder and asking what's going on with Dusty in 2023?

While the plane was boarding he was telling the bloke sitting behind him where we lost the game ::)

Did he say because my client on $1.2mil a year can't be arsed playing the game anymore?

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5969 on: September 02, 2022, 11:39:44 AM »
I think the kidney injury, followed by his dad's death have really rattled him.  Remember he did spend quite a while in hospital and lost 10-15kg.  Then the hammy.  He hasn't played for quite a while so of course he was going to be rusty.  And who knows if the latest saga had any affect on him?