Author Topic: Richmond vs Hawthorn - Round 7, 2016  (Read 13621 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs Hawthorn - Round 7, 2016
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2016, 08:30:54 AM »
Flossy and Dusty really add something to the guts. Any reason Cotchin couldn't move to a wing? This works.

Yes I'm just really glad Dimma waited for 7 rounds in with 1 win before moving these two off half back... :whistle :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2016, 09:23:56 AM »
What a fantastic honorable, magnificent display last night, we were so good we NEARLY won... :lol

People saying "a much improved effort"...... FFS, supposed top 4....."much improved"....pfft. :sleep

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2016, 11:16:35 AM »
It was a much improved effort

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2016, 11:27:06 AM »
It was a much improved effort

an Honorable 50 point lose
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2016, 11:32:23 AM »
did anyone find it hilarious that hampson had no confidence in taking a kick but fortunately always had Martin near by to handball it to?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2016, 11:33:47 AM »
did anyone find it hilarious that hampson had no confidence in taking a kick but fortunately always had Martin near by to handball it to?

I'm often laughing during our games

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2016, 11:39:07 AM »
Another great effort from the boys.  Only lost by 10 goals in the last 35-40 mins of footy to the Hawthorn reserves.  Keep making us proud.  Come second half of the year, when all the bottom clubs are tanking for draft picks, we will kick it up a notch and win a few games.  They will be as meaningful as our home and away win against north at the end of last year.

Hardwick's tigers.  Losing when it matters.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2016, 01:32:31 PM »
Flossy and Dusty really add something to the guts. Any reason Cotchin couldn't move to a wing? This works.

Interesting......
...or we could just play all three in the guts? You know, like they should've been doing from day one. Apart from that, the wings are for pacey gut runners and putting Cotchin there is a good way to completely waste his biggest strengths which are contested possessions and clearances.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2016, 03:37:19 PM »

Interesting......
...or we could just play all three in the guts? You know, like they should've been doing from day one. Apart from that, the wings are for pacey gut runners and putting Cotchin there is a good way to completely waste his biggest strengths which are contested possessions and clearances.

Miles
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2016, 03:39:58 PM »
...and Miles....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2016, 10:20:59 PM »
Defining moment?

Grigg gets a free and plays on trying to handball to Dusty while on his hands and knees

After turning it over he flaps arms at the umpire and asks why did you call play on?

Please you moron  :banghead :banghead

And you wonder why Dan said blokes like you cant take us any further  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2016, 10:43:52 PM »
Half-Step actually referenced that in the press conference.....still won't drop him.....

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2016, 01:51:41 AM »
Defining moment?

Grigg gets a free and plays on trying to handball to Dusty while on his hands and knees

After turning it over he flaps arms at the umpire and asks why did you call play on?

Think he was questioning why Burgoyne(?) was allowed to grab his arm

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2016, 08:21:06 AM »
Defining moment?

Yes, and then Dan had to join Grigg and the other top-up moneyball hacks in the Kerford Road early morning drink to apologise if he had hurt anybody's feelings with his comments. FFS, the joint is a brothel and it needs the biggest broom putting through every corner of it.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2016, 10:34:26 AM »
Defining moment?

Yes, and then Dan had to join Grigg and the other top-up moneyball hacks in the Kerford Road early morning drink to apologise if he had hurt anybody's feelings with his comments. FFS, the joint is a brothel and it needs the biggest broom putting through every corner of it.

"Yeah I went in the water with the players. It was simply one in all in," Richardson said.

"I took it upon myself to go in with them after I heard they had organised one themselves not because anyone had done anything especially wrong, but they thought it would be a good thing for them to do and I just thought why not? I'll join them, it was one in all in .... I got a good welcome from the boys."

Richardson said he had discussions with Grigg this week but the decision to join the players in wading into the bay on Wednesday morning was not related to that conversation.

"That was unconnected. I have discussions with players all the time about where they sit so that was fine. I had a chat to Shaun but that as not unusual. He knows that, especially in the form he is in at the moment, he is an important player for us," he said.
 :huh