Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 107690 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2022, 10:20:37 PM »
Dunkley what are everyone’s thoughts?

Did he train with us at one stage? If he is a FA I would consider,

Played a couple for our VFL team

100% however you’d think if he were going anywhere we’d have heard the whispers in the media.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2022, 10:07:49 AM »
Dunkley what are everyone’s thoughts?

Did he train with us at one stage? If he is a FA I would consider,

Would be perfect, great player

But reckon he either stays at the kennel or will head to SA (that's been the whisper all year). His partner plays netball for the Adelaide team
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2022, 04:18:03 PM »
So after dumping players last couple of years the Pies are getting Taranto, Bobby Hill & McStay according to multiple media sources? 
How does that work. 

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: August 10, 2022, 04:22:05 PM »
I hate seeing these but how about this deal.
Hopper & Taranto for:
1st pick 2022 1st pick 2023 plus North pick 19

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2022, 04:22:59 PM »
Callum Twomey and Riley Beveridge on the AFL website's Trade Talk.

Go to 3:05 min mark: https://www.afl.com.au/video/817561/pies-chasing-triple-treat-amon-intrigue-ramps-up

Do you see Taranto getting to Richmond?

Richmond or Collingwood are his likely destination. Giants have offered Taranto a two-year and four-year offer across the year. Different deals have been put to him but he's put off talks (until the end of the season). Tigers and Pies chasing that one pretty closely.

Tigers also interested in Jacob Hopper. Interesting to see if they can get both done or is it one or the other; which one if it is one or the other from a salary cap point of view and a trade capital point of view to get this done? Geelong also in the race for Hopper.   

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #215 on: August 10, 2022, 04:26:12 PM »
So after dumping players last couple of years the Pies are getting Taranto, Bobby Hill & McStay according to multiple media sources? 
How does that work.
According to Callum Twomey, by offloading Grundy (Melb & Geel interested) to free up salary cap space.

Broadsword

« Reply #216 on: August 10, 2022, 04:32:31 PM »
How does that work.
According to Callum Twomey, by offloading Grundy (Melb & Geel interested) to free up salary cap space.
Seriously, how can Geelong have any money left?

As for Melbourne, if Grundy and Collingwood have proved that having the best ruckman in the game amounts to a hill of beans, are they trying to see what they can do with two hills of beans? Gawn not enough? Crazy.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: August 10, 2022, 04:38:06 PM »
The Melbourne move is bizarre. Surely if they could afford Grundy they would just retain Jackson even with Collingwood covering a portion of his salary. Not to mention them already having Gawn, paying Grundy 700-800k a season (assuming pies cover 200-300k) for the next 6 years seems ridiculous.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #218 on: August 10, 2022, 06:50:18 PM »
How does that work.
Mitch Cleary on 7news saying Collingwood are willing to pay $300k per year of Grundy's contract for him to play elsewhere.

Combined with Treloar, that would mean the Pies would pay all up $2.4 million for two of their former players to play for other clubs.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2022, 08:04:44 PM »
I hate seeing these but how about this deal.
Hopper & Taranto for:
1st pick 2022 1st pick 2023 plus North pick 19

Deal for me but we couldn't afford them unless we lost Dusty or another decently paid player.

We could surely afford one with Caddy, Lambert and hopefully Edwards retiring.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2022, 08:14:08 PM »
How does that work.
Mitch Cleary on 7news saying Collingwood are willing to pay $300k per year of Grundy's contract for him to play elsewhere.

Combined with Treloar, that would mean the Pies would pay all up $2.4 million for two of their former players to play for other clubs.

Mitch Cleary looks like the sort of guy that would have a gimp suit.  I wouldn't believe anything that flog has to say.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2022, 08:15:38 PM »
The Melbourne move is bizarre. Surely if they could afford Grundy they would just retain Jackson even with Collingwood covering a portion of his salary. Not to mention them already having Gawn, paying Grundy 700-800k a season (assuming pies cover 200-300k) for the next 6 years seems ridiculous.

They want to retain Jackson but he hasn't re-signed and put off contract talks.

Reckon Grundy is the back up plan if (when) Jackson leaves
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 09:09:51 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: August 10, 2022, 08:26:48 PM »

They want to retain Jackson but hasn't re-signed and put off contract talks.

Reckon Grundy is the back up plan if (when) Jackson leaves

I thought they couldn’t match what was being offered to him? Can’t imagine they’re saving much money by picking up Grundy in his place even with Collingwood covering a portion of his wage. Then you think about whether it actually makes sense list wise and I just can’t see it. They have Gawn, the no.1 ruck in the game who will take the majority of the ruck contests. So they’d be committing 700-800k over 6 years to a 28 year old after a season in which he only played 5 or so games to be their no.2 ruck? Just a real head scratcher to me. Surely they need to be targeting a key forward or 2.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: August 10, 2022, 08:42:38 PM »
How does that work.

HTF can Geesook afford Grundy.  Is there salary cap a bottomless pit?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2022, 09:08:55 PM »
How does that work.

HTF can Geesook afford Grundy.  Is there salary cap a bottomless pit?

I could be wrong but I don’t think there are any massive contracts on their books. I think they even nabbed Dangerfield for around 800 a season.