Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300301 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2012, 12:58:26 PM »
After collecting 20 possies and 5 tackles yesterday, Ellis would be a shoe-in to make his official debut in round 1 now. Not bad for a pick 15 after GWS picked the guts out of the draft.

Didn't do too bad picking up Morris also by swapping picks with GWS.

Ellis will be a very good player for us. :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2012, 01:29:08 PM »
Dan’s Rookie Reveal: Brandon Ellis
By Dan
footytragic.com
March 14th, 2012

Brandon Ellis
Club: Richmond
Position: DEF
Price: $116,700 DT, $126,600 SC

Ellis is the lockiest lock of the back rookies this year. I can’t make a stronger case for any other back rookie worth starting on the field than the strong bodied defender from the Calder Cannons. He’s already got an AFL ready body and it showed most prominently on the weekend against Geelong when he laid five tackles, with some of them being really solid. He doesn’t look like an 18 year old kid out there.

He plays with no fear and his kicking across half back will be an asset for the Tigers, who are starting to develop quality in that area of the ground (quantity is something they never lacked though). While he will be a relevant fantasy players this year in both forms of the game I feel he will be an excellent SuperCoach player.

His long kicking and contested ball are features of his game, which will bode well for SuperCoach. His kicking efficiency in the TAC Cup doesn’t read too well at only 57%, which puts him below the 2011 TAC Cup average, but I call folly on these stats. Calder played seven games at Highgate Reserve in Craigieburn. That stadium is such a rotter that I challenge anyone to find a windier venue in the country. It’s that bad that I honestly take that into consideration when looking at KE% for games at the venue. By way of comparison his KE% in the U/18 Nationals was 75.5%, which is right up there.

Read more and full article at: http://www.footytragic.com/blog/2012-dans-rookie-reveal/dans-rookie-reveal-brandon-ellis/

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »
Dan’s Rookie Reveal: Brandon Ellis
By Dan
footytragic.com
March 14th, 2012

Brandon Ellis
Club: Richmond
Position: DEF
Price: $116,700 DT, $126,600 SC

Ellis is the lockiest lock of the back rookies this year. I can’t make a stronger case for any other back rookie worth starting on the field than the strong bodied defender from the Calder Cannons. He’s already got an AFL ready body and it showed most prominently on the weekend against Geelong when he laid five tackles, with some of them being really solid. He doesn’t look like an 18 year old kid out there.

He plays with no fear and his kicking across half back will be an asset for the Tigers, who are starting to develop quality in that area of the ground (quantity is something they never lacked though). While he will be a relevant fantasy players this year in both forms of the game I feel he will be an excellent SuperCoach player.

His long kicking and contested ball are features of his game, which will bode well for SuperCoach. His kicking efficiency in the TAC Cup doesn’t read too well at only 57%, which puts him below the 2011 TAC Cup average, but I call folly on these stats. Calder played seven games at Highgate Reserve in Craigieburn. That stadium is such a rotter that I challenge anyone to find a windier venue in the country. It’s that bad that I honestly take that into consideration when looking at KE% for games at the venue. By way of comparison his KE% in the U/18 Nationals was 75.5%, which is right up there.

Read more and full article at: http://www.footytragic.com/blog/2012-dans-rookie-reveal/dans-rookie-reveal-brandon-ellis/

Not sure now if they will take Ellis or Morris into the first round if the decision has to be made.. :-\

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2012, 02:43:56 PM »
Based on kicking, Ellis. I have the feeling somehow both with Morris as a sub. Not sure how though?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »
Ellis for sure barring injury.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 07:19:58 PM »
Ellis, based on overall quality.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2012, 12:22:21 AM »
Started off a bit shakely (noticed one time he didn't go hard enough when he had to in the first qtr) but I thought he worked his way into the game and looked more comfortable at AFL level by the end tonight. In time with his good footskills he like Conca will be able to go into the midfield rotation full-time forcing out the usual suspects that currently let us down.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2012, 10:57:41 AM »
need to borrow some courage pills off Kingy.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »

He has gone hard at times, give him more than 2 games then judge him. I dont think his going to be a soft player at all.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2012, 02:15:08 PM »
looked a bit overawed at times last night but he is was playing his second game against one of last year's grand finalists. Still settling in.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2012, 08:42:22 PM »
hes a dud get rid of him, prolly another edwards in disguise

tony_montana

« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2012, 08:45:54 PM »

He has gone hard at times, give him more than 2 games then judge him. I dont think his going to be a soft player at all.

Not worried about his hardness, saw him throwing himself at it a few times head first

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »
hes a dud get rid of him, prolly another edwards in disguise

There's only 1 Shane Edwards.

Chalk and cheese comparing Eddie the Eagle with Brandon Ellis.

Ellis will develop into a very good footballer.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2012, 03:52:28 PM »
Very early days. Will take time to develop.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2012, 03:56:12 PM »
Looks about as good as you would expect for a kid drafted 5 months ago. Has shown more in 2 games than Tambling did in 6 years  :rollin