Author Topic: Sam Lloyd [merged]  (Read 83094 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Sam Lloyd [merged]
« Reply #300 on: August 23, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »
Kicks goals
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2015, 01:24:58 PM »
l like this lad his a good kick & pops up unexpected

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2015, 01:45:22 PM »
Goal average creeping up. Now 1.3 per game. Very handy indeed. He has replaced the scoring of Griffiths while he is out and Lennon replaced Shed's scoring whilst he was out. Nice to have some options at last.
I like where Lloyd is going with his game. He is now always on the move and he actually has a very good tank so he is now finding out that work rate will help him score. He is not fast but if he keeps on the move he will keep involved in the game. He also seems to have built some core strength which has allowed him to break tackles.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2015, 05:03:22 PM »
footy smarts will get you to the ball more than pace anyway
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #304 on: August 24, 2015, 06:57:54 PM »
Consistency has been his biggest issue. Keep it up son :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Pain of finals omission driving Tiger Sam Lloyd in 2016 ...... (afl site)
« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2016, 02:58:40 AM »
Pain of finals omission driving Tiger Lloyd in 2016

AFL.com.au
February 6, 2016

RICHMOND'S decision to drop Sam Lloyd on the eve of last year's finals series was the elephant in the room when the small forward sat down for his end of season exit meeting.

Six days after being told his good form was not enough to keep him in the team for the Tigers' elimination final against North Melbourne, Lloyd was still raw when he fronted a panel of Richmond coaches and staff.

Sitting across from him were Damien Hardwick, his line coach Greg Mellor, physical performance manager Peter Burge, list manager Blaire Hartley and head of coaching Tim Livingstone.

"It's quite intense," Lloyd told AFL.com.au. 

"I was dropped on the Thursday and then my meeting was on the next Wednesday … it hadn't been a week and it was probably the elephant in the room, so they got it out of the way.

"I was disappointed and I've had a few conversations with 'Dimma' since and I've really used it as motivation through the pre-season.

"I'll admit I thought I should have played, but I've got to keep working so I'm definitely there this season if we play finals."

Lloyd was one of two surprise omissions when the Tigers announced their elimination final team last year, with Ben Lennon also making way for recalled pair Ben Griffiths and Reece Conca.

The match committee had decided they needed another tall to combat North Melbourne, prompting the Griffiths selection, while Conca's ability to play midfield got him the nod over Lloyd.

Overlooking Lloyd under those circumstances is unlikely to happen again, however, after a standout pre-season from the 25-year-old, who knocked a decent chunk off his 3km personal best.

"My versatility and spending time in the midfield is something I've been working on," he said.

"That's part of getting a bigger tank and that's something I'm up to now.

"I knocked a bit off my PB in the 3km, but it's been more the interval running.

"That's helped me on the track, where my pressure and tackling and physicality have lifted, which is what the coaches were after."

Lloyd was told in his exit interview that he had gone from a 'two' rating defensively to a 'six' in his second season. The aim now after a strong pre-season is to move closer to a 10.

Contracted until the end of this season, the former VFL goalkicker knows it is a big year and lifting his defensive game – as well as his versatility – is crucial.

Snared as a mature-age recruit when the Tigers were seeking AFL-ready talent at the end of 2013, Lloyd joined the club alongside former AFL players Matt Thomas, Nathan Gordon and Todd Banfield. 

That trio has since been delisted, but Lloyd remains and has upside to his game.

"In a sense we (mature-age recruits) are a bit of a gamble," Lloyd said. 

"Those guys all came from other AFL clubs, whereas I came from the VFL.

"I don't think I've played my best footy yet, which I'm aiming to do this year.

"It's a big year for me to show them I an make it at the top level."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-05/pain-of-finals-omission-driving-tiger-lloyd-in-2016

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2016, 09:03:15 PM »
Another ordinary player  who has done little with glaring weaknesses that the blind and deluded hang their hats on.
Guess what ferals we just used pick 15 on a small forward i wonder why we needed to do that.

tony_montana

« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2016, 04:41:36 PM »
Another ordinary player  who has done little with glaring weaknesses that the blind and deluded hang their hats on.
Guess what ferals we just used pick 15 on a small forward i wonder why we needed to do that.

Is there any need for that, really?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: February 08, 2016, 05:35:31 PM »

Is there any need for that, really?
It's pure claw. Why are you so surprised?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #309 on: February 08, 2016, 06:26:19 PM »
I like Lloyd
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #310 on: February 08, 2016, 07:02:05 PM »
Clawski, show some class mate. It's a long year but it could be rewarding.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2016, 11:14:32 PM »
You can say plenty of bad things about Sammy, but you have to admit he knows how to kick a goal!  Brilliant spin out of the pack & left foot snap to ice the game for us tonight!   :clapping
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #312 on: March 24, 2016, 11:15:18 PM »
You can say plenty of bad things about Sammy, but you have to admit he knows how to kick a goal!  Brilliant spin out of the pack & left foot snap to ice the game for us tonight!   :clapping

murphy was all like wtf
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #313 on: March 24, 2016, 11:20:17 PM »
Had a good game :o  Lets see if he can do it consistently.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #314 on: March 24, 2016, 11:54:25 PM »
Happy for Lloyd to succeed but if we are fair dinkum Lloyd isn't winning us a premiership.

Incorrect to put our small forward points on him. Another poor decision by the club no to invest in Small Forward stocks and Pace in F50. Seeing Lambert, Morris and Lloyd in the F50 is embarrassing.

Loves a goal but against decent opponents has always struggled. Went missing for 3 qtrs and stood up when mattered, great stuff but just not convinced.
Go Tigers!