Author Topic: Sam Lloyd [merged]  (Read 82749 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Sam Lloyd [merged]
« on: November 21, 2013, 08:13:09 PM »
Welcome Sam   :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:37:56 PM by one-eyed »

dwaino

Re: Pick 66: Sam Lloyd
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 08:13:50 PM »
Lordo  :clapping

:outtahere

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 08:15:17 PM »
Pick 66 Sam Lloyd Richmond

Former club: Frankston
    DOB: 03/03/1990
    Height: 180cm
    Weight: 83kg
    Position: Forward

Games: 17
    Goals: 38
    Avg Kicks: 10.1
    Avg Marks: 5.5
    Avg Handballs: 2.8

Player assessment

Medium forward who presents well on the lead or can crumb as a small forward. Originally from Deniliquin, NSW, where he kicked 100 goals in 2010. Represented VFL against WA this year in state game, kicking four goals.

VIDEO: http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=591421

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 08:21:35 PM »
Ready to go fp ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 08:30:12 PM »
2013 National Draft: Pick 66 – Sam Lloyd
richmondfc.com.au 
November 21, 2013 8:15 PM

“Sam continued his progression through the grades this year and was a consistent threat in the forward 50 for Frankston,” said Richmond’s Recruiting Manager Francis Jackson.

“He is just a genuine football talent. He knows where the ball is going before anyone else, and he is outstanding at winning one-on-one contests, both in the air and at ground level.

“His marking, in particular, for someone his size, is elite. He has genuine goal ‘smarts’ and makes creative decisions with the footy.

“We feel Sam will add genuine class and goal-scoring power to the playing group.

“There is enormous upside to Sam, and with one or two AFL pre-seasons under his belt, he will be able to display his natural talents more consistently at the elite level.”

Lloyd caught the eye of the Tiger talent scouts during a debut season at VFL level with the Dolphins in 2013, which netted him 38 goals in 17 games.

The 23-year-old booted four goals while representing the combined VFL team against the WAFL, in one of his best performances of the season.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-11-21/2013-national-draft-pick-66-sam-lloyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 09:29:13 PM »
VIDEO: Sam Lloyd's 7 goal haul against Coburg in the VFL this year ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTSqN9KCO_U

dwaino

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 09:31:36 PM »
Direct opponent must have been Dea.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 09:39:39 PM »
Great set of highlights. Look forward to seeing this kid have a go.

the claw

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 09:45:47 PM »
surely this bloke would have been available to us as a rookie. or why not keep petterd as a rookie  take him and have the extra pick geez there were some promising kids available late.. dunno i still get the feeling we are continually reaching for players rather than staying patient.

gerkin greg

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 09:49:02 PM »
Playing safe I think it's called

Fair enough considering where our list has come from - Franklins

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 09:49:42 PM »
surely this bloke would have been available to us as a rookie. or why not keep petterd as a rookie  take him and have the extra pick geez there were some promising kids available late.. dunno i still get the feeling we are continually reaching for players rather than staying patient.
FFS claw. I can't follow you. We pick kids and you say late picks hide gems that play in other leagues such as state leagues. We pick bigger bodied older guys and you ask why we didn't pick skinny kids.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND SON!!!!!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 09:55:07 PM »
FFS claw. I can't follow you. We pick kids and you say late picks hide gems that play in other leagues such as state leagues. We pick bigger bodied older guys and you ask why we didn't pick skinny kids.

Thought exactly the same thing but just couldn't be bothered

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 09:58:36 PM »

lmao so true. My immediate thoughts were claw will be happy we hit the state leagues. Club should pack it in tbh.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 10:09:31 PM »
Lloydy leads three Dolphs to Draft Camps

When Sam Lloyd is asked whether 12 months ago, after just losing a heartbreaking MPNFL grand final with Mt Eliza, he could imagine where he would be today he doesn’t have to think for long.

“No, not even close mate,” he said with his Deniliquin twang.

At that point he had played four games for Essendon’s VFL team at the end of the season before helping the Redlegs to the local league decider, and he knew what he had to do to become a mainstay at state league level.

“After we lost the grand final I think I only took a week or two off, I thought I've got to get a lot fitter to play VFL,” he said.

His aim was to get a regular senior game for Frankston, but instead he electrified the boisterous Frankston Park crowds with his incredible snaps and high-flying marks, providing the x-factor the club had been missing since Justin Berry’s retirement.

The Dolphins triumphed six times in 2013, more than the previous three years combined, and for Lloyd it is a year he will never forget.

“The way things have turned out has been awesome, it’s a bit surreal,” he said.

“Winning the games we did and playing the state game. Frankston as a club is awesome, so every bit of being at the club has been great.”

Perhaps Lloyd’s most memorable moment was the Dolphins’ first win against competition powerhouse Port Melbourne, who had played in the previous two grand finals and lost just six games in two years.

The efforts of Lloyd and former Redleg buddies Mike Lourey and Scott Simpson were also very impressive, as the trio fitted seamlessly into the club’s culture and earned higher honours.

“We all made the decision together to go down and play for Frankston,” he said.

“To play well together, make the state team and the team of the year together was awesome. I don’t think Mt Eliza were too happy but we loved it.”

Lloyd said the Mt Eliza trio took particular inspiration from two lion-hearted Dolphins, ruckman Russ Gabriel, who also made the VFL Team of the Year, and midfielder Shane Hockey, who inexplicably missed out after an incredible season around the packs.

“Shane and Russ, I reckon they sum up Frankston,” Lloyd said.

“Especially Shanna, everyone knows his story, and Russ comes up against ruckman who seem a foot taller than him each week and he still dominates, he still makes such an impact.”

The impact of Lloyd’s 38 goals and regular highlight reel plays has been an invite to the AFL Draft Combine in Canberra from October 1-4, while Simpson and Zig Alwan have gained places at the AFL State Screening.

The sociable Lloyd chose to skip the end of year festivities and has been training every day, replicating agility, sprint and beep tests and working on his conditioning to make sure he makes this shot at the big time count.

“I just want to do every test to the best that I can, stop only when I have to stop, just give 110 per cent,” he said.

“After that Ill finally have a bit of a spell and it will be out of my hands – if they want me they want me.”

If the predictions are correct the call of ‘Lloydy’ won’t reverberate around Frankston Park again next year, but like Mt Eliza before them the Dolphins will be glad for the time he graced their paddock.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-118-10474-253880-18717706&sID=207165&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=25487108

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 10:13:41 PM »
Pics: