Author Topic: Wallace on SEN  (Read 13716 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace on SEN
« on: March 12, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »
Plough on SEN soon with Schwarz and Francis Leech. Sometime between now and 7pm.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:27:54 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Wallace coming up on SEN
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 06:02:05 PM »
They said Terry will be on straight after the news.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 06:12:03 PM »
Recording as we speak.  The SEN webstream isnt great and Plough's line is pretty bad but if it turns out ok I'll up it on some kind of file uploader.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 06:20:36 PM »
im sick to death of the comparisons of our young players to geelong players.
jon is a dud, i wish wallace would just come out and say that
meyer and schulz same boat
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Wallace on SEN
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 06:27:16 PM »
Summary

* Quiet preseason Terry? Terry - Why didn't you call (laughs). Used the same line on Sport 927. Same answer too. We've got to go out and prove it rather than just talk.

* Any pressure Terry?
It is time in terms of maturity. We gutted the place to the bone when we first arrived with young boys running around in first few years. Now they are young men and need to stand up. Last year had 7-8 players not ready for round 1. Meyer and Cotchin the only 2 not available this year.

* Preseason Results aren't really important. Won 2, loss 2. Won interstate so get a stamp size news report. Played the losses in Victoria so it gets more publicity. Loss to Saints and full-side geeloing side up and running. We'll see how it goes first round and see how that stacks up.

* During preseason we see what worked well and what didn't. Sides have lost by 80 points preseason and then turned it around come the real stuff. We've done it ourselves. We've also seen sides built up as world champions preseason and nothing happens. The Roos came good in the real season after a poor preseason last year.

* Easter Thursday and Juddy makes the Carlton game big. We finished late in the year with the big Sheedy-Hird game and that was great for our young guys to play in. Good to get that opportunity again first up.

* Sides like geeloing and others can bring players in when they are 21 (used Gamble as an example). JON is still only 19. Hughes is slightly different as he's started to bulk up and slightly older. But really it's more Raines, Schulz, Lids, Tambo, Patto, Polo that need to and should step up. Those 4-5 year players.

* Agreed it's a bonus to have those who can come in straight off the bat but the expectation should be on the older 4-5 year guys than the 1-2 year kids. Then the 1-2 year came come in without expectation and surprise.

* Blingers - only concerned about who plays for us. We always expected him to come good once he matured mentality and physically. He's now starting to reach that stage.

* Lids - flexible to move around. All this talk of be like Judd. We couldn't care if he becomes more like Hird or Brad Johnson. Lids has the ability to play both midfield and up forward.

* Cogs - great to see him back. Not only coming back from the two knees but also the groin. A tread easy situation. Getting better each time he plays. Guide ourselves by how well he comes along and plays.

* Richo - loves the big stage. Loves the contest. He's had a full preseason.

* Pleased we've only got one player underdone and needs to play this week.

* Schwarz expects 75-80,000 to the game.

Little Jackie

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 07:20:11 PM »
He doesnt know what to do with Lids.
He was hell bent off playing him off half back 12 months ago.
Oh ,how we forget.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 07:24:04 PM »
Oh ,how we forget.

right on cue. :rollin

Little Jackie

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 07:43:24 PM »
Oh ,how we forget.

Well its a FACT.
If and IF , you actually go to the games, he used Lids off half back for quiet a while during 2006 and a bit in 2007
I get bagged for stating the truth ::)

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 08:14:25 PM »
Oh ,how we forget.

Well its a FACT.
If and IF , you actually go to the games, he used Lids off half back for quiet a while during 2006 and a bit in 2007

Yes it's a fact.  But you conveniently forget the rider to that fact that it was also to teach him defensive pressure skills and may not be the end position.

Mate, I live thousands of miles away and I knew that.  Your selective facts are hilarious.

Little Jackie

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 08:32:34 PM »
Oh ,how we forget.

Well its a FACT.

Yes it's a fact.  But you conveniently forget the rider to that fact that it was also to teach him defensive pressure skills and may not be the end position.

Mate, I live thousands of miles away and I knew that.  Your selective facts are hilarious.

i can tell you that the coaching staff have had issues in where to play Lids and a lesser extent Tambling, thats your problem you if dont want to  beleive, it a free world. ::)
Had nothing to do with teaching his defensive skills either

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 09:07:09 PM »
Oh ,how we forget.
Two words for you... LUKE HODGE

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 09:08:44 PM »
Deledio is not the problem.
Those more senior around him are. ;)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 09:53:50 PM »
For overseas-ers or those who just want to listen who missed it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/98933528/SEN_Wallace_12-3-08.mp3.html
EAT EM ALIVE!

Little Jackie

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 10:07:54 PM »
Oh ,how we forget.
Two words for you... LUKE HODGE

What has Hodge have too do with it, ::) I could go and say Jason Gram :o

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 10:11:29 PM »
Oh ,how we forget.

Well its a FACT.

i can tell you that the coaching staff have had issues in where to play Lids and a lesser extent Tambling, thats your problem you if dont want to  beleive, it a free world. ::)
Had nothing to do with teaching his defensive skills either

please tell us about these so called issues Jackstar, as you seem to know whats going on in the minds of our coaching staff, i would have thought in this day and age of the professional footballer an important requirement would be able to play in many positions especially someone with young Bretts capabilites.

And i very rarely miss a game by the way, good try anyway ;)...i just love the way you continually get stuck into the football club you supposedly support..seems a bit of a paradox actually.