Author Topic: Taylor Hunt [merged]  (Read 87955 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Taylor Hunt [merged]
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2014, 09:26:38 PM »
If this bloke turns out to be no good, can we nickname him Mike?
How bout York

And in honour of Robin Williams, how about Mork
And if he gets injured, pork.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2014, 09:42:36 PM »
Mike.....

Rampstar

« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2014, 10:33:07 PM »
I reckon he will play at least 15 games next season and he will be a half decent player. Good signing if you compare to what we would have picked up with our last pick in the national draft.

Offline Mimafied

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2014, 12:12:37 AM »
Will he be signed as a senior listed player or rookie listed spot. If so, do we know length of contract talked about? Thanks

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2014, 07:00:58 AM »
Richmond to sign Taylor Hunt as a delisted free agent
Herald-Sun
November 02, 2014

RICHMOND has won the race for Taylor Hunt, with the Tigers set to sign the former Geelong midfielder as a delisted free agent.

The 63-game tagger was told by the Cats he was no longer required following five seasons that were plagued by injury and inconsistent form.

But Hunt quickly received interest from rival clubs following his delisting, with the Tigers and Brisbane meeting the speedster during the week.

Hunt, who grew up as a Richmond supporter, told the Herald Sun earlier this week that he would be thrilled to end up at Punt Road.

Taylor Hunt struggled to cement his spot in Geelong’s senior side in his final years at Kardinia Park. Picture: Michael Klein Source: News Limited

“I would be really pumped to end up there, but I guess I am not in a position where I can choose,” he said.

Hunt revealed he had also been offered the chance to do a pre-season with St Kilda if Richmond or Brisbane did overlook him.

Hunt also said he felt he had “got a lot to prove to myself”.

“Going into the trade period was tough not knowing about my future and hearing the news I was no longer required at Geelong, but hopefully I interview well and hopefully find myself on a list out of those two clubs,” Hunt said.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-to-sign-taylor-hunt-as-a-delisted-free-agent/story-fndv8t7m-1227109390235

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2014, 07:04:30 AM »
Will he be signed as a senior listed player or rookie listed spot. If so, do we know length of contract talked about? Thanks
It'll be the senior list, Mimafied.

Length of contract is unknown as far as I'm aware until the papers are formally lodged.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2014, 09:27:19 AM »
Prefer rookie listed. Do need a tagger though.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2014, 09:49:52 AM »
Prefer rookie listed. Do need a tagger though.

Miles on the senior list instead of pick80(ish)  :clapping

Hunt in place of pick70(?)  :clapping

Was always going to hard to get him as a rookie, given other teams wanted him on the senior list.

He is 23, in theory could get ten years out of him. Walks into the 18 IMO as a tagger, that we have needed since Geez was a boy. As our have stated if he replaces Grigg it's a massive win. Hopefully he can add to miles, vlastuin, Ellis, Conca. Hardwick is wrong it's not the a graders that need to improve, it's the secound and third teir.

Hopefully we nail #12 and he comes straight into the side, meaning our 21/22 best drop out and are improved upon from last season. Lennon holding down a spot would be an equal godsend

Ideally someone of note decent drops to our other two natal draft picks. Given we have picked up hunt as a mature player, it would be nice to use the rookie draft on kids. For a change. However I suspect we will continue with the old dud policy here.

Overall hunt and no improvement in th draft position is a pretty limp effort from th club. Would want to pull the finger next year around. With deledio moving into is golden years, rance and Riewoldt peaking

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2014, 04:06:09 PM »
Just watching his highlights reel on the RFC web page. He can do it all, kicks them from anywhere too.

I just  :pray :pray :pray his body holds holds up.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2014, 04:09:22 PM »
Just watching his highlights reel on the RFC web page. He can do it all, kicks them from anywhere too.

That has to be the worst highlights pack I've seen in my life. All flukes
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2014, 04:09:35 PM »

Dont like his kicking action though, clips clearly showing him looking at the ball up till the time it contacts his boot !!

sorry !!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2014, 04:12:01 PM »
All official Taylor Hint is now a Tiger

One year deal

@RalphyHeraldSun: “Taylor Hunt officially signs with @Richmond_FC as delisted free agent.1 year: http://t.co/YA2qQCXlJk
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2014, 04:12:21 PM »
Funny how Geelong doesn't consider him worthy of even being picked up again as a rookie.

RFC pounces and considers his a strong addition to the midfield.

Guess it says something about their standards VS our's and given their successful period over the last ten years you have to think they know what they're doing somewhat.

Still, hopefully he stays fit and plays good footy.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2014, 04:13:44 PM »

Dont like his kicking action though, clips clearly showing him looking at the ball up till the time it contacts his boot !!

sorry !!
Just throws it on his boot, anything could happen 
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2014, 04:14:37 PM »
Tigers complete Hunt
richmondfc.com.au 
November 2, 2014 3:00pm

Richmond has signed former Geelong midfielder Taylor Hunt as a free agent.

The Tigers secured the 23-year-old on a one-year contract, after he spent six seasons and played 63 games with the Cats.

Richmond met with Hunt’s management last Friday, and official paperwork was lodged with the AFL today (Sunday, November 2).

“We have been clear in our intention to add to our midfield during the off-season, and we believe Taylor will be a strong addition to the Club,” said Richmond General Manager of Football, Dan Richardson.

“Taylor will complement our playing list with his speed and versatility, and we are confident he has his best football ahead of him.

“While adding some experience in Taylor, we are still in a position to invest heavily in this year’s National Draft, which was another of our aims as we prepare for the 2015 season.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-11-02/tigers-complete-hunt
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)