Author Topic: Taylor Hunt [merged]  (Read 86215 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Taylor Hunt [merged]
« on: October 28, 2014, 08:42:45 PM »
Taylor Hunt looking to restart his AFL career at Richmond after being delisted by Geelong

Jon Ralph
    Herald Sun
    October 28, 2014 8:00PM

A YEAR ago Taylor Hunt knocked back Brisbane’s three-season deal and instead pledged loyalty to Geelong.

Today the player who grew up as a Richmond fanatic will meet with the Tigers to plead for an AFL lifeline.

The 63-game Cats tagger took down the likes of Patrick Dangerfield and Marc Murphy in his time at Geelong but injuries bit hard in the past 18 months.

As a result he was delisted by the Cats, meaning Hunt’s meetings with Richmond and Brisbane this week will decide his AFL career.

Both clubs are also interested in dumped Carlton midfielder Mitch Robinson.

And if Robinson is the inconsistent constantly-suspended firecracker, Hunt says his ability to tag and also play as a small defender gives him hope he can keep his career alive.

“I am really keen on finding myself a spot on a list at pretty much any club,’’ he told the Herald Sun from Bali on Tuesday before jetting back to Melbourne.

“I feel like I have got a lot to prove to myself. Going into the trade period was tough not knowing about my future and hearing the news I was no longer required at Geelong, but hopefully I interview well and hopefully find myself on a list out of those two clubs.”

Hunt’s breakout 2012 season saw him play 21 quality games as a tagger and after 15 matches in 2013 interrupted only by a shoulder injury he believed he was emerging as a Cats regular.

It was then Brisbane came calling, but he says he has no regrets with passing up their offer.

“That (offer) all came as a bit of a shock. I had just played my best 10-game stint at the start of that year and felt pretty settled at Geelong,’’ Hunt said.

“I felt like I was good enough to be in the best 22 at Geelong and felt like I was an established player

“In hindsight things change really quickly in 12 months. I guess some people would be kicking themselves but the dream is still alive for myself.

“If I can find some of that form again the rest of my career will look after itself.”

Hunt turns 24 this week and while he battled with a groin injury that came from running himself into the ground this year, he is back to full fitness.

If he did land at Richmond, only his family would be more thrilled than the player himself.

“My family is massively Richmond, I used to go to every single game from when I was four years old,’’ he said.

“I would be really pumped to end up there, but I guess I am not in a position where I can choose.

“My partner sent through a photo of my at five years old with a no. 6 painted on my face and it was Chris Naish. I was a diehard and my mum and nanna are diehards too.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/taylor-hunt-looking-to-restart-his-afl-career-at-richmond-after-being-delisted-by-geelong/story-e6frf3e3-1227105150291?from=public_rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 04:58:24 AM by one-eyed »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Taylor Hunt [merged]
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 08:44:14 PM »
24 years old, if the body can hold up he may be valuable.. :-\
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 08:56:06 PM »
Would walk into our starting 18

dwaino

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 08:58:50 PM »
Keen. Do it.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 09:02:22 PM »
Haven't heard of him, is he any good  :shh Bo ? Geelong like us do seem to have a veritable warehouse of talent  :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 09:05:27 PM »
like it.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 09:24:52 PM »
Agreed Gents. Seems a no brainer to rookie list if he's still available
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 09:27:08 PM »
Come on Bo :shh

dwaino

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 09:33:34 PM »
Won't get him as a rookie. Brisbane are keen so if he knocks them back they can just take him in the rookie draft before us. Won't get to play him either if we're commited to elevating Thomas in the pre season. Will have to sign him on the senior list but he's likely to be better than what we will fish out with our 4th ND pick anyway given our track record. Good age, plenty of footy left in him and have immediate impact in our side.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 09:51:09 PM »
like it.

Won't get him as a rookie. Brisbane are keen so if he knocks them back they can just take him in the rookie draft before us. Won't get to play him either if we're commited to elevating Thomas in the pre season. Will have to sign him on the senior list but he's likely to be better than what we will fish out with our 4th ND pick anyway given our track record. Good age, plenty of footy left in him and have immediate impact in our side.

Agree  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 10:23:19 PM »
Yes, better than Robinson IMO. I wouldn't be disappointed with him on the list.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 10:29:09 PM »
Bo please post  :shh

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 10:35:56 PM »
Because he'd b a good acquisition, we won't be getting him
Caracella and Balmey.

Rampstar

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 10:42:07 PM »
considering the poor picks we have especially late in the draft, I think we should just pick him up straight away and place him on the senior list. we aren't going to find anyone as good as him at pick 80 anyway.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 10:47:38 PM »
considering the poor picks we have especially late in the draft, I think we should just pick him up straight away and place him on the senior list. we aren't going to find anyone as good as him at pick 80 anyway.

pick 80? bit generous with Francis Hackson's record.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.