Author Topic: Taylor Hunt [merged]  (Read 86816 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Taylor Hunt [merged]
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 11:58:23 AM »
5 years at Geelong for 63 games
most games in 2012 with 21
184cm, 78kgs
The question is, where would he fit in our best 22.
1 -22 what number would he rank,

Walks straight onto a wing, tagging , for mine. Upgrade on grigg.

Would be somewhere between 10-18 best player on the list. I'd love to see hardwicks rankings. Deluded soul.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 12:27:20 PM »
Like it.
This kid is a proven tagger and we need one real bad. Also has pace.
Let's take him with a late pick .

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 12:43:46 PM »
How does his recruitment work via the draft? Is it possible we end up with another John McCarthy moment where another club trumps us at the last minute?

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 12:57:01 PM »
How does his recruitment work via the draft? Is it possible we end up with another John McCarthy moment where another club trumps us at the last minute?
Delisted players period starts saturday, I believe if club & player come to agreement then thats it
Thats why we cant rookie them, unless they dont get picked up & subsequently nominate for drafts

dwaino

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 01:02:14 PM »
Taztiger is correct. DFAs are like unrestricted FAs during trade period. All that is required is an agreement between club and player and that's it, they're on the senior list.

As for where he would fit in the team, should be a walk up start every week. Can play inside or run with in Jackson's spot that we had Grigg doing this year, can also play down back as a stopper like Morris but with a bit more rebound. Really defensive mid fielder and would give us a handy injection of grunt and mongrel.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »
A mad Tiger supporter, might be fulfilling a childhood dream to tear it up for us, could be what is needed.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 04:50:30 PM »
Taylor Hunt says he can make it at Richmond or Brisbane Lions

Matt Murnane
     The Age
    October 29, 2014

Dumped Geelong midfielder Taylor Hunt says he is about to enter his prime as a "defence-first player" and would be an addition at either Richmond or Brisbane Lions next season.

Seen as one of the hard luck stories of the delisting period, the soon-to-be 24-year-old believes his development in the elite Geelong system and experience playing alongside the Cats triple premiership stars has him ready to become a regular AFL contributor again.

Hunt played seven out of the Cats' first eight games this season - in a team that was sitting in the top four at that point - until injury started to impact his form and others took his spot.   

Now over the groin and shoulder injuries that have restricted him over the past 18 months, Hunt said he could become a legitimate AFL player for the long-term, and would be selling that message to Richmond and Brisbane when meets with both clubs this week.

Brisbane and Richmond have also shown interest in signing sacked Carlton hard-nut Mitch Robinson, with Brisbane's offer of a two-year deal and a fresh start interstate likely to make him a Lions player next year.

It's understood the Tigers have offered Robinson only a one-year deal, so should that not eventuate, Richmond might turn to Hunt, who grew up a fanatical Tigers supporter.

Should both the Lions and Tigers options fall through, Hunt revealed he had also been offered the chance to do a pre-season trial with St Kilda ahead of the drafting period.     

"The next couple of years I'll be coming into my prime," Hunt said on SEN on Wednesday.

"I've probably struggled the last couple of years, but I've been surrounded by some very good players at Geelong and they've helped me develop," he said.

"The flexibility I bring and the roles I have played in the past - whether it's been as a lockdown defender or run-with roles - I always put the team before myself and I'm a defence-first player. That's what I pride myself on."

Hunt said he felt no ill-will towards Geelong, nor regret at rejecting a three-year deal from Brisbane just 12 months ago which came on the back of two solid seasons at Geelong, which included two finals appearances.

The window for clubs to sign delisted free agents such as Hunt opens on Saturday.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/taylor-hunt-says-he-can-make-it-at-richmond-or-brisbane-lions-20141028-11deiy.html

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2014, 05:22:32 PM »
What worries me about this lad, is how confident he appears in his own marketing.

Annoying me already.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2014, 05:59:39 PM »
What worries me about this lad, is how confident he appears in his own marketing.

Annoying me already.
We need some players confident in their abilities. We have about 6 on the list so far.  :whistle

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2014, 06:02:40 PM »
Griff reckons he should be playing for the Melbourne Vixens

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2014, 06:03:18 PM »

Annoying me already.

na its okay mate i dont mind it, i think its a good find if we can get him acrosss. What would you prefer rubbish footballers conca who hit blokes from behind or timid mummy boys like edwards

Out Grigg
In Hunt

Bang! 1 down 8 to go
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2014, 06:25:14 PM »
Griggs going nowhere don't get your hopes up

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2014, 06:26:48 PM »

Annoying me already.
We need some players confident in their abilities. We have about 6 on the list so far.  :whistle

true but they're ON a list
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2014, 06:46:43 PM »

Annoying me already.
If he can't a little belief. Who can?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2014, 06:49:40 PM »
Newman has confidence too....
Caracella and Balmey.