Author Topic: Taylor Hunt [merged]  (Read 87988 times)

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Taylor Hunt [merged]
« Reply #255 on: April 04, 2015, 02:27:37 AM »
i had a good feeling bout him since there were rumors geelong were delisting him  :clapping

dwaino

« Reply #256 on: April 04, 2015, 02:44:34 PM »
i had a good feeling bout him since there were rumors geelong were delisting him  :clapping

:yep
I'm sure I could find my quote, but was keen as soon as I read he might not have been getting a contract extension. Granted Guthrie and maybe others went past him but imo he's not the kind of player you delist. Will be a Tiger for a while I reckon.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2015, 12:22:33 AM »
The other Mark Williams talking about Taylor Hunt:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-04-03/round-1-the-richmond-review

* He hasn’t been a big possession-getter over his footy career so far but he’s made a few little adjustments to his game in regards to where he runs and how he sets up around the contest now.   I think he’s a lot more visible with his positioning.  It was great to see him have a 27-possession game. One thing he did fantastically well tonight was he really set up our ball use and our use of numbers. His short possession kicks and handballs brought others into the play - it got our transitioning up and going. He led from the front.  His tenacity in regards to his contested possession was outstanding and it was great to see him get the reward he deserved after a really big preseason.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-05/tigers-right-in-the-hunt

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #258 on: April 06, 2015, 09:18:55 PM »
27 Possies tonight. Not bad for a footy reject.  I agree his disposal can lack polish but nearly everyone on the field lacked polish tonight. Maybe its the early season rust, maybe it was the game style of the two teams.
hmm hardly a reject. geelong have often said they didnt want to lose him but just couldnt fit him in.
he has a point to prove this yr  and like a lot of players will go well in yr one after being cut, hes likely to do well. . im asking in yr 2  will we get the hunt that geelong just couldnt fit in.
hes a foot soldier who has a role to play. i have no doubt that as soon as he cant perform that role he will become a liability. lets hope he can eh.

oh to finish if today is an example just maybe our blokes have a model to follow when it comes to hard running. im not bagging this bloke he fills a need but hes a role player with limitations lets not lose sight of that.
very good game tonight i hope it is the norm.

Could not disagree more.
Everybody has weaknesses in their game. Taylor Hunt runs hard, tackles well and has fantastic foot skills as he rarely misses a target.
He is a fantastic pick up.

Why are you even talking about his second year when we are at game one of the first? There are so many things that can happen between now and then.

Embrace him as an astute pick up. It's not good being so pessimistic all the time.
hell be a fantastic pick up only when he consistently plays at or near that level. mate i wasnt bagging him but i can say i wont be calling him an astute pick up either after just one game.he played some pretty good games when at geelong and still got delisted. there was a reason for that.
i would argue about the foot skills comments as well,  but if i do im taking the thread into the negative and i actually  dont want to do that.
look he had a very good game his line running and tenacity was impressive. but its one game it really does pee me off the pedestals if you like that they get put on after one decent game.
geelong got rid of him and that has to be a concern. i agree so far so good but those concerns will remain.

tony_montana

« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2015, 10:20:46 PM »

I'm sure I could find my quote, but was keen as soon as I read he might not have been getting a contract extension. Granted Guthrie and maybe others went past him but imo he's not the kind of player you delist. Will be a Tiger for a while I reckon.

I remember  :yep

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2015, 08:11:27 PM »

I remember  :yep
i dont load of hog wash if you ask me.  ;D

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #261 on: May 03, 2015, 12:51:44 AM »
Hopeless game today.

Is he supposed to be a tagger? ::)
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #262 on: May 03, 2015, 01:00:16 AM »
Hopeless game today.

Is he supposed to be a tagger? ::)

Yes.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #263 on: May 03, 2015, 01:02:33 AM »
Sucked today. Guess he's just the kind of bloke who looks great VS crap teams like Carltank?

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #264 on: May 03, 2015, 08:34:25 AM »
Is who he is really. Fringe 22 player who can provide some run but struggles when things are in tight. Ok with picking him up for nothing but is another bloke we will need to replace if we have serious aspirations.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: May 03, 2015, 09:17:57 AM »
Has acquired an acute strain to tigeritis. Probably the fastest onset ever recorded. :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #266 on: May 03, 2015, 09:18:26 AM »
So do the coaching staff still think he has more to offer than a run with role?

stuff me, he's a good tagger with substandard skills,

So let's turn him into a rebounding HB ::)

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #267 on: May 03, 2015, 09:19:06 AM »
Has acquired an acute strain to tigeritis. Probably the fastest onset ever recorded. :whistle

Would agree

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #268 on: May 03, 2015, 12:46:30 PM »
I just about hit the roof when he was on the end of a passage of champagne football only to put a helicopter straight down an opponents throat ,,,,he should be on notice, he s better than that  :banghead
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2015, 12:56:18 PM »
he s better than that  :banghead

No he isn't.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.