Author Topic: edwards  (Read 7849 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: edwards
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2012, 11:21:13 PM »
Regardless of what i think about Edwards, he has played some nice football lately. Dimma deserves full credit for finding a nice spot for him in the f50 and keeping him there. No more half back rubbish for Edwards.

What i also like about his game is he starting to shove it in his opponents faces after they make a mistake or bump another tiger.

Ive seen it a few times the last month and i like that.
agree 100%.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

the claw

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2012, 11:47:23 PM »
to avoid being accused of only coming on when he plays poorly which lets face it has been most of his career. i give him a pass again this week thats three in a row.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2012, 12:34:24 AM »
Regardless of what i think about Edwards, he has played some nice football lately. Dimma deserves full credit for finding a nice spot for him in the f50 and keeping him there. No more half back rubbish for Edwards.

What i also like about his game is he starting to shove it in his opponents faces after they make a mistake or bump another tiger.

Sounds like Edwards is starting to win you over Daniel.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2012, 01:21:16 AM »
Since the Dreamtime game he has been a good contributor for us. :thumbsup

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2012, 07:50:00 AM »
He has started to execute his cleverness effectively and we are seeing the benefits
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2012, 08:47:15 AM »

Sounds like Edwards is starting to win you over Daniel.

I hated watching a player like him play a full game yet hardly touch the ball.
Some saw his effort week after week I wasn't one of those, but no one can dispute he has played his role the last month

I still can't see a role for Nahas, King and Edwards in the F50 but while we are beating scum like Shitkilda WGAF

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2012, 09:19:05 AM »
keep's on pumping up his trade value!!

How good does he have to play to not be trade value???  As i've said in previous post, there isnt many players in the afl with Edwards ability in traffic but there are a plethora of them that shank the odd kick.. Edwards will play plenty of football at the Tigers

Ruanaidh

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2012, 09:36:25 AM »
Shed wont go anywhere. Like Jackson, he is being taught to play to his strengths and minimise his weaknesses - pretty simple really, but not an imperative until player depth and the resultant fear of being dropped became a great motivator ;)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2012, 10:15:50 AM »

How good does he have to play to not be trade value???  As i've said in previous post, there isnt many players in the afl with Edwards ability in traffic but there are a plethora of them that shank the odd kick.. Edwards will play plenty of football at the Tigers

Ok people, or the Edwards lovers, please take his form into context. Until 3 weeks ago he has pretty well played poo for 4 years, barring perhaps 3/4 of one season. Yes he is paying well and as done for 3 weeks......3 weeks.....

When he does it for 22 weeks or there abouts then IMO he will be a major part of our team. So let's not get too excited, he has a lot to pay the team and supporters back for mine...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2012, 10:36:47 AM »

Ok people, or the Edwards lovers, please take his form into context. Until 3 weeks ago he has pretty well played poo for 4 years, barring perhaps 3/4 of one season. Yes he is paying well and as done for 3 weeks......3 weeks.....

When he does it for 22 weeks or there abouts then IMO he will be a major part of our team. So let's not get too excited, he has a lot to pay the team and supporters back for mine...

Well we see it differently i think he's done ok

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2012, 11:01:23 AM »

Ok people, or the Edwards lovers, please take his form into context. Until 3 weeks ago he has pretty well played poo for 4 years, barring perhaps 3/4 of one season. Yes he is playing well and as done for 3 weeks......3 weeks.....

Well we see it differently i think he's done ok

FFS.....yes he has done ok and I said that and have said it for 3 weeks, but he must, simply must, keep playing like it.....otherwise....FAILURE!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2012, 12:15:43 PM »

To put it in context, until he is no longer expendable to the team structure or there are no other upgrade options.

Boak is an upgrade option, and IMHO worthy of pusuit, and Edwards has some attributes that Port may find attractive to get a deal done with a sweetener required.

I have no doubt that Boak would improve the RFC midfield, and that Edwards current role can be performed by another junior  developing midfielder.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2012, 12:23:33 PM »

To put it in context, until he is no longer expendable to the team structure or there are no other upgrade options.

Boak is an upgrade option, and IMHO worthy of pusuit, and Edwards has some attributes that Port may find attractive to get a deal done with a sweetener required.

I have no doubt that Boak would improve the RFC midfield, and that Edwards current role can be performed by another junior  developing midfielder.

Very good post and if that trade came off we wold be a mile in front!! Book would be the player that helps complete our side, throw in one more decent ruck man, one more back, centre and or forward...= finals/GF!!

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2012, 05:24:56 PM »

Take the blinkers off. He's been pretty good all year.

Has been good 2 of the last 3 years in fact barring last season which was injury interrupted by his shoulder reco preseason.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2012, 05:33:15 PM »

Take the blinkers off. He's been pretty good all year.

Has been good 2 of the last 3 years in fact barring last season which was injury interrupted by his shoulder reco preseason.

Blinkers are off, perhaps you should take the rose coloured glasses off, no he hasn't been good all year and he was crap last year, he has had 1 good year since being at the club and 3 good games this year...

Sometimes I actually think you are Edwards, or his wife.

"Rucks: