Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 100492 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones [merged]
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2020, 02:25:42 PM »
Think he was still injured anyway... :shh
From memory I think he was really close to playing again.

Stupid, stupid boy.

He was right to play. Played the scrimmage match before his act of stupidity.

You are correct big tone in your previous post, he would playing next round and finals
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2020, 04:42:30 PM »
CCJ been working very hard both in training and personal development I have been reliably advised- well done young man!!
Judging by Stack's latest Instagram post, he is also working at it in the gym in preparation for a big 2021...great stuff!

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2020, 04:50:48 PM »
CCJ been working very hard both in training and personal development I have been reliably advised- well done young man!!
Judging by Stack's latest Instagram post, he is also working at it in the gym in preparation for a big 2021...great stuff!
Good news indeed. I can't wait to get back to the MCG to cheer the boys on.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2020, 07:05:54 PM »
Agreed.
Would also be nice to unfurl a couple of premiership flags
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2020, 04:34:43 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/stories/stackman_44/2444157937095858423/

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2020, 09:19:34 AM »
I'm glad we stuck with these 2. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2021, 01:26:37 PM »
Is young Tiger ready to atone for COVID controversy?

He was in the bad books after the Gold Coast strip club saga, but is this young Tiger about to redeem himself as one of the AFL’s 2021 breakout stars?

Callum Coleman-Jones will miss the first month of next season, serving the rest of a 10-match ban for breaking the AFL’s COVID-19 protocols.

That’s a hindrance to his breakout hopes, but ruck-forward Coleman-Jones – a top-20 pick in 2017 – is otherwise coming along nicely.

There’s a logjam at his positions at Tigerland, but it will take only an injury or two for him to show what he’s got.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-every-clubs-2021-breakout-contender/news-story/07e2e5a43c5d79de7576b12df05658b7

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2021, 02:45:48 AM »
Callum Coleman-Jones, who switched between the ruck and centre-half forward, has plenty of fans at Punt Road and will be given opportunities this season after his suspension from last year's COVID-19 breach ends early in the season. His run, jump and goal late was a flash of his ability.

Source: AFL website

Disposals    12 ... ( 5k, 7h, 7c, 5u, 75% eff. )
Marks          4 .... ( 1 contested)
Tackles         2
Tackles in50  1
Clearances    1
Hitouts          1
Intercepts     1
Score inv.     4
Metres gained 102
Goals          1
ToG%         89
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 03:26:42 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2021, 07:28:19 PM »
Richmond VFL coach Xavier Clarke said that Coleman-Jones had been impressing at the lower level and was knocking on the door of an AFL recall.

“He’s been really good, CJ,” Clarke said.

“He’s obviously been starved of a lot of footy. He’s been fantastic. He’s been playing predominantly forward in the VFL, [and] been giving Mabior Chol a chop-out in the ruck every now and then, but we’ve been really impressed with the way CJ has come along. He’s another one, how do we fit him into the side as well, so that’ll be the challenge. I’ll let Dimma [Richmond senior coach Damien Hardwick] sort that out at some point.”

Source: The Age

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2021, 03:51:33 AM »
Why forgotten Tiger is in rival clubs’ sights

A tall Tiger who has played just one career game is set to become hot property, with rival recruiters taking a keen interest. Find out why.

A fringe Tiger impressed in front of a bunch of rival recruiters for Richmond VFL’s, and clubs will be attempting to prise him come season’s end.

Paywall: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/vfl-preview-the-afl-players-to-watch-in-round-1/news-story/1091b4614f53277e5e10d232c21fc3e9

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2021, 01:17:14 PM »
Dont know contract situations but i reckon clubs will be into all of Ross RCD and CCJ if we dont give em a decent run at it.

Can we afford to lose these types? JR is 32 going on 33, TL is 28 going on 29 they are the only two genuine kpf we have and CCJ is the closest thing we have to a key fwd left on the list.

Caddy is a bust as a ball winning mid and taking a kids spot playing on the wing.
Cotchin is 31, Edwards 32 Martin 29 turns 30 in June, even Lambert turns 30 later this year. The last of our better mids Prestia is 28 turns 29 in oct but with his injury history you would have questions about his longevity.

The problem here is Caddy aside those mentioned are still our best mids and will and should be given games. To my thinking the way to get games into the likes of Ross and co is to drop a few of the role players, players we would win with or without. We all know who they are.

If we are to play two ruckmen imo i think this is the correct way to go, then it should be CC-J especially with Soldo out of the way. Fmd it solves the problem of taking our KPD's out of the backline to pinch hit and it might save Pickett from a serious injury. The key is to play CC-J  as a second ruck who actually spends time forward. Before people say that makes us too top heavy, well we played both Nankervis and Soldo and both i would describe as ordinary forward and dinosaurs and we did pretty well with both in the team.

I even think the key talls in defense are a worry. Balta is young and looks set for a long career but Astbury is now 30 and has only ever been a foot soldier. We don't actually have anyone on the list atm who is READY  to step in and play GENUINE KPD  if Balta or Astbury get hurt.
Miller and Nyuon look prospects but dont have a game to their names  and Garthwaite imo is not genuine KP size.

Just an opinion but fmd we are now real close to the point where the bullet has to be bit and we get games into genuine young mids and what decent young kpp's we have.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2021, 01:04:16 AM »
Been saying this the last few weeks re: CCJ.

It means not stuffing up our back 6, and also it allows Nank to drop back into the hole which he actually does surprisingly well. I don't think TL + JR + CCJ makes us too tall. Jack is only 193 and very good at ground level anyway. Dusty, Castagna and probably Rioli the other 3 forwards.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2021, 02:33:53 PM »
Dimma was asked about CCJ in his presser today:

"We think he is an incredible player. He's just one of those guys with the structure of our side he just doesn't quite .... I shouldn't say 'fit in' ... we've just gone down a different avenue at this stage. I sat down with him this week and told him how well he is going. He's had a really good year at VFL level. We'd love to give him a game. It's just he isn't quite in the mix with the way we're playing at the moment. That's not to say that won't change going forward but he's doing all he can at his end. It's up to me to pull the trigger and get him in the side. It's a tough balance but he knows how important he is to us. But also understand he is craving an opportunity. So that will come down to it. As much as we say that, we'd love to get him into the side. And it's my job to figure out how to get that to happen".

Source: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/935361/hardwick-previews-gws

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2021, 03:18:32 PM »
Tigers fighting to keep hold of ‘incredible’ talent

As Richmond’s midfield depth is tested by a spare of injuries, a young tall remains starved of opportunity — and rivals are circling.

Paywall: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/trade-hq/moneyball-latest-afl-trade-draft-and-contract-news/news-story/ab61b235c7c70f675d6916abc5172d5d

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2021, 03:27:55 PM »
Dimma was asked about CCJ in his presser today:

"We think he is an incredible player. He's just one of those guys with the structure of our side he just doesn't quite .... I shouldn't say 'fit in' ... we've just gone down a different avenue at this stage. I sat down with him this week and told him how well he is going. He's had a really good year at VFL level. We'd love to give him a game. It's just he isn't quite in the mix with the way we're playing at the moment. That's not to say that won't change going forward but he's doing all he can at his end. It's up to me to pull the trigger and get him in the side. It's a tough balance but he knows how important he is to us. But also understand he is craving an opportunity. So that will come down to it. As much as we say that, we'd love to get him into the side. And it's my job to figure out how to get that to happen".

Source: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/935361/hardwick-previews-gws

That's crap last week he should have played cats took the mikkey of us in ruck with Pickett that was a bad decision.We have played that system before with success Soldo and Nank and thi year talls having a  major impact in games.