Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 99157 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]
« on: November 24, 2017, 07:44:04 PM »
Welcome to Tigerland, Callum.

There's our young ruck.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 05:00:37 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Pick 20: Callum Coleman-Jones
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 07:46:58 PM »
CALLUM COLEMAN-JONES

Player bio
Former club:   Sturt
Height:   201cm
Weight:   99kg
Position:   Ruckman

2017 U18 Stats
Games:   4
Goals:   1
Avg Kicks:   7.3
Avg Marks:   4.3
Avg Hballs:   9.8

Graduate of the NAB AFL Academy and a developing ruckman or tall forward who captained South Australia in the NAB AFL U18 Championships. He is a very good one-on-one player and has grown in confidence with his contested pack marking and ruck craft a feature of his play.

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-tracker

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 08:26:52 PM »
Felt a bit better when they said he best contested mark in the U'18's....Fox Footy listed him as a forward..,, :huh

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 08:31:02 PM »
Tigers select Coleman-Jones

richmondfc.com.au 
November 24, 2017 7:46 PM

Richmond has used its second selection, No. 20 overall, in the 2017 National Draft to recruit ruckman/key forward Callum Coleman-Jones.

Here is a summary of what Richmond fans can expect to see from Coleman-Jones, in future seasons . . .

Callum Coleman-Jones profile

13/6/1999

Height: 201cm

Weight: 99kg

Position: Ruckman/key forward

Callum is a ruckman/key forward, who made the initial AFL Academy squad following a strong 2015 under-16 carnival representing South Australia.

In 2016, he excelled for SA at the under-18 national championships as a bottom-aged, key forward.

This year, he captained SA at the under-18 championships, where he again performed strongly, this time as the team’s leading ruckman. The highlight of his carnival was a 28-disposal game against the Allies at Adelaide Oval.

Callum has a great pair of hands which, combined with excellent aerial judgment, makes him an outstanding contested mark.

He possesses good speed for a player his size, an elite ability to be clean at ground level, has fine touch with his ruckwork, together with a strong football IQ.

We believe Callum will be a first-rate addition to our ruck and key-forward stocks, and see him as being a genuine multi-faceted player, with the capacity to be effective in both roles.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-11-24/2017-draft-pick-20

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
Hopefully he turns out to a great player like the other SA U/18 captain on our list

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 09:04:08 PM »
I think Callum can develop well as a ruckman. The only thing I don't like is his name is a hyphen job and that often doesn't bode well, but
Ive been told hes pretty committed to his career in footy. So welcome to young Callum.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 09:15:25 PM »
I like his out on the full kick in his highlights package.  :clapping

We’re going to have to exorcise the SA out of him.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 09:23:47 PM »
two dads?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 09:25:53 PM »
Hope he's  good kick at goal. Recruiting ruckmen is so touch and go.

tony_montana

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 09:29:20 PM »
I wouldve preferred Allen with this pick, but we do need rucks on the list. Looks like a goer

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 09:32:33 PM »

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 09:32:49 PM »
Very happy with this pick. Need to have a developing ruck who isn't a speculative pick.  :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coleman-Jones is looking forward to working with Toby Nankervis (Adel. Addy)
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2017, 02:37:04 AM »
Callum Coleman-Jones is looking forward to working with Richmond ruckman Toby Nankervis

Daniela Abbracciavento
Adelaide Advertiser
25 November 2017

CALLUM Coleman-Jones is stoked to start his AFL career at Richmond with premiership midfielder, Norm Smith Medallist and Brownlow winner Dustin Martin.

But it is the Tigers’ premiership ruckman Toby Nankervis that Coleman-Jones is most looking forward to meeting and going head-to-head with at training.

Richmond selected the Sturt 201cm, 98kg ruckman/forward with pick 20 at the AFL national draft on Friday night.

Speaking to the Advertiser after the Tigers called out his name, the SA under-18 captain could not believe his luck when the reigning premiers picked him.

“Being a tall bloke, getting to know Toby Nankervis is definitely something I want to do and learn his craft,” Coleman-Jones, 18, says.

“He’s (Nankervis) had a ripper year as well, so I definitely want to meet him.

“It’s pretty unreal.

“I couldn’t ask for a better team to be drafted to after they just won the premiership.

“I couldn’t be more stoked to go over to Melbourne and get started.”

Coleman-Jones might, however, ask Martin to teach him how to master the famous “fend-off”

“Wouldn’t hurt learning that from him (Martin),” Coleman-Jones said with a laugh.

Coleman-Jones stood out with SA during this year’s national carnival and although he was hampered by a knee injury, he averaged 17 disposals and 19 hit-outs.

It led to his selection in the All-Australian under-18 side.

The small tear in his left patella cut his season short and forced him to undergo minor surgery in August.

But Coleman-Jones, who watched the draft at home in Adelaide with family and friends, says the knee is fine and he is keen to get over to Punt Rd and add depth to the Tigers’ list.

“It’s been about 9-10 weeks post-operation and it wasn’t a major operation, so it’s feeling good,” Coleman-Jones said.

“I think my contested marking and versatility around the ground are my strengths.

“The family was pretty happy when my name got called out.

“They are fine with me moving away especially because it’s in Melbourne.

“It’s only a 50-minute flight from Adelaide, so I think they are pretty happy with it.”

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/callum-colemanjones-is-looking-forward-to-working-with-richmond-ruckman-toby-nankervis/news-story/49b29a957eb5ba0e861c6a992229b4e9

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2017, 03:50:30 PM »
I think Callum can develop well as a ruckman. The only thing I don't like is his name is a hyphen job and that often doesn't bode well, but
Ive been told hes pretty committed to his career in footy. So welcome to young Callum.

Simples. CJ as the nickname.

Love that he's got the big bum that I like in my big fellas, like Richo and Balmey and even Nank.
Helps them hold space in a pack.