Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 100478 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones [merged]
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2021, 06:02:26 PM »
If anything this showed that Lynch has been playing lame for a while. Good on ya CCJ

Or he’s just not that good.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2021, 06:35:18 PM »
Must keep. Great performance today.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2021, 08:17:46 PM »
If anything this showed that Lynch has been playing lame for a while. Good on ya CCJ

Or he’s just not that good.
whoa whoa whoa Slick Willy is a Lynch hater... :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2021, 08:23:59 PM »
There will be a future where both lynch and ccj will be our focal point and tall timber in the forward line. I back lynch to bounce back because he pretty much carried us through the first half of 2019 and you can’t perform like that on pure luck and talent alone.

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2021, 08:53:48 PM »
stupid rant...dont know what i was thinking.... :wallywink

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2021, 11:05:45 PM »
:clapping :cheers
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2021, 12:57:24 AM »
Question is...what do you do when Lynch is fit? Keep him forward-ruck and drop Chol? Eek.

We all have moments. At least we all got a laugh!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2021, 04:07:11 AM »
Dimma post-match talking about CCJ:

* CCJ was terrific. It's good reward for a guy who's had his ups and downs. We stick with our people, we back them in. He's put in a power of work both on and off the field. It was great reward for 'CJ' personally, but also great reward for our organisation, backing our people. We always knew he could play the game, it was just getting him into the side. Unfortunately, Tom (Lynch, PCL) going out injured has provided an opportunity for CJ to show his wares. Look I thought he was terrific tonight. He'll build on that. There's things in his game that we thought were terrific but there's also areas we believe he can get better moving forward.

* I presume we've put an offer to CCJ. I'm not too sure. You'll have to speak to Tim (Livingstone) or Blair (Hartley) during the week.

* That shot by CCJ before half-time was good. One we weren't expecting. He did kick it very well. We got a couple of goals from that pocket which was a positive for us. The players do a fair bit of effort on that part of the game. It was good reward for the good work they do.

Source: RFC website

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2021, 06:42:13 AM »
Impressive

Agree. Good mark on the lead.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2021, 07:57:52 PM »
Alarming number of clubs circling breakout Tiger

Rival clubs are circling promising tall Callum Coleman-Jones and a goalkicking legend has offered a solution to how the Tigers will hold onto him.

Paywall: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/trade-hq/moneyball-all-the-latest-trade-and-contract-news/news-story/312a8159502b9f02e37bc4e29b3cb7e0

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2021, 08:15:11 PM »
as good as jack was yesterday, we are kidding ourselves letting both of these blokes go whilst keeping the likes of george who is very replaceable.

goodbye george and bachar. CCJ stays on a 3 year deal on nice coin

chol for a second rounder

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2021, 10:29:01 PM »
This wont go down well. Yep cannot ask for more in just game two.  4 goals and he worked hard with out the ball.
Just think there are things  he needs to work on and who's to say he wont.

People will say what drugs are you on but im not 100% sold he will become a top flight key forward. Yep the bloke has just kicked 4 goals in his second game but i think he looks more suited to a ruck role.
Yep maybe i do need some drugs and just enjoy the game he played a bit more.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2021, 11:00:16 PM »
Yeah we have to temper our expectations and not put pressure on this guy to be the next Riewoldt. But god it’s good to hope though!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2021, 11:28:56 PM »
Jon Ralph on Fox Footy:

Gold Coast interested. Richmond will fight tooth and nail to keep Coleman-Jones. He is worth something substantial. Scuttlebutt is GWS offered a first round pick for CCJ last year. So what is he going to be worth if he keeps kicking goals like this?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/afl-tonight/rival-clubs-circling-tigers-young-guns!803346
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 05:23:40 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2021, 03:10:10 PM »
Jon Ralph said he’d spoken to Hawthorn goalkicking legend Jason Dunstall about Richmond’s predicament.

“He’s pretty brutally honest he said, ‘Look, Richmond could continue to play three tall forwards for a while and potentially could lose Callum Coleman Jones without opportunity, but he said The Tigers are definitely gonna lose one and potentially both [Chol & CCJ],’” Ralph relayed.

“’Footy is a business, they cannot keep both of them and football as anything is a business it’s a job, you need to take the best deal you can.

“Richmond have won three of the last four, how many more do we expect this group to win, staying won’t guarantee you are going to win premierships.’”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/department-of-trade/afl-news-2021-trade-whispers-latest-news-out-of-contract-players-free-agents-mabior-chol-zach-merrett-transfer-news/news-story/0a6f56e1cddd09eca0b7f905c0360460