Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast - Round 5  (Read 20462 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs West Coast - Round 5
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 07:20:46 PM »
lol edwards didnt play last week. i would thought, from your point of view, that was the best thing he could have done?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 07:32:47 PM »
lol edwards didnt play last week. i would thought, from your point of view, that was the best thing he could have done?

As per usual al you didn't understand my post or twisted it! I was generalising form round one and the acceptence of the defeats so far and accountable players so far....... wake up  :sleep
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

dwaino

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 08:02:52 PM »
Starting to side more and more with WAT (or is it PQT now? :D). Essendon are playing pretty good footy with a list full of mostly nobodies, average second tiers and a lengthy injury list. Don't see any more what our excuse really is other than players (read: forward line) with their fingers up their bums. I don't have any personal beefs with blokes like Jacko, Vickory, or Edwards, I just want them to play decent footy.

:gotigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2012, 08:13:30 PM »
Starting to side more and more with WAT (or is it PQT now? :D). Essendon are playing pretty good footy with a list full of mostly nobodies, average second tiers and a lengthy injury list. Don't see any more what our excuse really is other than players (read: forward line) with their fingers up their bums. I don't have any personal beefs with blokes like Jacko, Vickory, or Edwards, I just want them to play decent footy.

Good on you Dwaino...thats exactly what I have been trying to get at......What about PNGQ Tiger....yeah thats better, thanks for the insperation... ;D

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2012, 08:49:48 PM »

Not sure it is about taking sides. Anyway the casting vote has been made. End of argument ;)
With no more excuses i can see the Tigers causing everyone's mental health to be further compromised :)

dwaino

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2012, 08:55:21 PM »

Not sure it is about taking sides. Anyway the casting vote has been made. End of argument ;)
With no more excuses i can see the Tigers causing everyone's mental health to be further compromised :)

Oh, I just mean before the start of the season there were the "no excuses!" crowd, and the "no, we're still developing pussies" crowd. I sympathised with the former but sided more with the latter. Safe to say I am now more with the former :D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »

Dead right it's not about taking sides but as Dwaino said, it's about these players that are not that good and even the ones that are, pulling their fingers out and playing every game like it's their last. Thats what makes a team, thats what the Bombers are doing and thats what the Pies started to do many years ago, thats why they are where they are, even the Blues.

When will our players stand up????

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2012, 09:01:19 PM »

Oh, I just mean before the start of the season there were the "no excuses!" crowd, and the "no, we're still developing pussies" crowd. I sympathised with the former but sided more with the latter. Safe to say I am now more with the former :D

:lol

"Rucks:

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2012, 08:05:14 AM »
Just wanted to know what end the Richmond cheer squad is on this week??
I would guess Coventry? but wanted to clarify before buying tickets
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »
It pains me to say this however I believe West Coast may be the best team in the competition (at the minute).
Unleash the tornado

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2012, 12:02:33 PM »

Is the Coventry End the Station end?

If yes then you would think that's where our cheersquad will be - they are always there  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2012, 12:56:32 PM »
Sportal is also predicting the Eagles to win by 26 points ...

-------------------------------------------------------------
WE THINK:
The Eagles should win this one but we can expect another concerted effort from the Tigers.

Key will be the Tigers ability to stand up to the Eagles' all-ground press and their ferocious attack on the ball. Hardwick's men have shown far greater composure under pressure and perhaps more importantly, consistency in their opening four games.

The Eagles' much-vaunted tall forward trio of Jack Darling, Quinten Lynch and Josh Kennedy combined for just three goals last week but the team only kicked five and the conditions were hardly conducive.

Last time the sides met in Melbourne, Jack Riewoldt booted 10 goals on a hapless Eric Mackenzie. The mobile defender poses a far different prospect now though and held Lance Franklin (one goal) superbly last week while picking up 27 disposals himself.

Hardwick may be forced to make a decision on out-of-form ruckman/forward Tyrone Vickery. A combined 23 touches and 10 marks in four games is hardly the kind of form you want to be taking in against the best ruck duo in the competition in Dean Cox and Nic Naitanui.

Angus Graham may get the nod to help Ivan Maric, who has been serviceable but will have his work cut out on Sunday. The Eagles' disposal efficiency has improved on last season and they are so strong through the midfield with Kerr, Priddis, Scott Selwood and the aforementioned rucks, who combined will have too much firepower for the Tigers.

West Coast by 26 points.

Read full preview at: http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/preview-richmond-v-west-coast-173299

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2012, 12:59:10 PM »

Is the Coventry End the Station end?

If yes then you would think that's where our cheersquad will be - they are always there  ;D
Yep the Coventry End is the southern (Bourke St/Southern Cross station) end and that's where our cheer squad sits.

Etihad Stadium seating map: http://www.etihadstadium.com.au/site/_content/document/00000073-source.pdf

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2012, 03:38:38 AM »
We are huge underdogs with the bookies and so-called footy journo experts ...

Betting Odds (source: tab sportsbet)

Richmond     $3.25
West Coast   $1.35

Expert Tips

Herald-Sun   2 - 28
The Age       2 - 22 ....... Lloyd has tipped us mind you.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Roar Preview: Round 5 (RFC)
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2012, 04:38:04 PM »