Author Topic: Rookie draft thread  (Read 15989 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rookie draft thread
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2012, 11:47:26 PM »
no, i only defend against ill informed or unwarranted criticism. in this case the criticism came about because the bloke making it was uninformed and didn't know what he was on about.

some people are so used to the club failing they are in the habit of saying everything the club does is wrong, then thinking they are something special when they are proven right.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2012, 11:49:27 PM »
by the way, still waiting to hear who these magical "pure" midfielders that we overlooked are.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2012, 11:54:48 PM »
no, i only defend against ill informed or unwarranted criticism. in this case the criticism came about because the bloke making it was uninformed and didn't know what he was on about.

some people are so used to the club failing they are in the habit of saying everything the club does is wrong, then thinking they are something special when they are proven right.

No, you pretty much refuse to look at anything Richmond in a bad way.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2012, 12:03:05 AM »
dont ya just love seeing people sink the boots in and all along it was themselves who was the clueless one?
we still have only 38 on the list proper  as far as i can see  that isnt changing.  now that is clueless.
ya know whats clueless fools who just follow the club line and defend everything they say and do.
ya know whats clueless? a club coming out and saying they desperately need to build on the midfield and then doing nothing or little about it.
ya know whats clueless a club regularly ignoring serious list deficiencies and at the end of every trade and draft period papering over what they have done.
you know whats clueless taking hacks that are proven hacks that have no upside what soever becase they have failed for yrs on end to adequately address list needs.
you stick your head up your and you think your smelling roses but hey who am i to tell you its poo your really smelling. after all im just clueless. but go ahead pretend it smells alright after al you clearly think rfc poo doesnt stink.
If your talking about "lockup" Edwards I agree totally.  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:58:08 AM by one-eyed »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2012, 02:11:31 AM »
Clubs must contract players for two years in the pre-season draft, but can take them on one-year deals as rookies.

Richmond will rookie-list former Geelong ruckman Orren Stephenson.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/port-adelaide-decides-not-to-draft-liam-jurrah/story-e6frf9jf-1226533945286

The Club is keeping its cards close to its chest. I asked Inside Football's Brett Anderson if he's heard any whispers on who we will pick up apart from Stephenson and he said he had nothing concrete.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2012, 07:18:32 AM »
Clubs must contract players for two years in the pre-season draft, but can take them on one-year deals as rookies.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/port-adelaide-decides-not-to-draft-liam-jurrah/story-e6frf9jf-1226533945286

The Club is keeping its cards close to its chest. I asked Inside Football's Brett Anderson if he's heard any whispers on who we will pick up apart from Stephenson and he said he had nothing concrete.

Reckon we will take at least 3 re-cycles  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2012, 07:54:07 AM »

Reckon we will take at least 3 re-cycles  ;D

Great news for our carbon footprint WP  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2012, 08:17:19 AM »

You've clearly never watched a game of footy with him Coach!   ;D

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2012, 08:24:41 AM »
What time is this occurring today?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2012, 08:41:20 AM »

because i dont constantly join in the slagging off?
thats different to defending every ctritism.
if id discovered these forums a year or two earlier i would have made some of you constant whiney bunnies look like bojangles

gerkin greg

« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2012, 09:19:36 AM »

:lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2012, 09:39:19 AM »

Coach doesn't watch football, he feels football.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2012, 10:32:53 AM »

Coach doesn't watch football, he feels football.
No he IS football!  :bow
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2012, 10:33:20 AM »
What time is this occurring today?
11am.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT