Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300298 times)

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2012, 07:00:55 PM »
Very happy with where he's at as a first year player, but he's got a lot more confidence to gain - often makes a bad decision when he should back himself more,

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »
Another 19 possies today and named in our bests playing against many of his draft peers who were picked in last year's draft before him. Surely time for a Rising Star nomination.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #212 on: June 16, 2012, 07:05:39 PM »
Another 19 possies today and named in our bests playing against many of his draft peers who were picked in last year's draft before him. Surely time for a Rising Star nomination.

Should have had a rising star nom ages ago. The spuds that they have given them too are much worse than Ellis.

That kick in the last though ...  :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2012, 07:29:30 PM »
Great start to a long career. Rest easy young man, you've earned it.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2012, 07:30:30 PM »
Was excellent today, still pinching myself we managed to snaffle a draft suprise......again :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2012, 09:00:46 PM »

What's the bet he missed out to one of these umpire pets!??

Jeremy cameron has become my new whipping boy
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

10 FLAGS

« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2012, 10:48:54 PM »
He badly needs a rest. He is looking real slow over the first few metres when he gets the ball and starts to run. Otherwise going good at the moment.

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2012, 11:43:13 PM »
Has really adapted to afl well i really like how dimma has put him in the 22 he knows he will have to suffer some short term pain /long term gain but the boy will  be a part of our next years tilt at september

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2012, 07:15:03 AM »
I thought he had a shocker today, looked out of sorts.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Phantom-eagle

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2012, 09:43:35 AM »
Yeah, another 19 possies with good efficiency in the wet. i agree last game against the dockers was flat but he was good yesterday. can't believe some of these comments saying he had a shocker. have you ever played the game?

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: June 17, 2012, 10:30:42 AM »
Yeah, another 19 possies with good efficiency in the wet. i agree last game against the dockers was flat but he was good yesterday. can't believe some of these comments saying he had a shocker. have you ever played the game?

Possibly trollers
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #221 on: June 17, 2012, 02:13:05 PM »
Was a better yesterday but struth he looks tired

One thing they really need him to focus on over the pre-season is upper body strength.

When he tackles his opponent breaks them far too easily. Was a glaring example of this yesterday near the boundary

It was probably more noticeable yesterday against the Giants because they have so many kids themselves but their kids tackles seemed to stick a lot more than young Brandon's and ours in general
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: June 17, 2012, 02:15:52 PM »

Possibly people only remembering his kick at the end that resulted in a goal to Schulz.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2012, 03:05:26 PM »
Agree with "Was a better yesterday but struth he looks tired

One thing they really need him to focus on over the pre-season is upper body strength.

When he tackles his opponent breaks them far too easily. Was a glaring example of this yesterday near the boundary

It was probably more noticeable yesterday against the Giants because they have so many kids themselves but their kids tackles seemed to stick a lot more than young Brandon's and ours in general" Will also make it easier for him to stand up in tackles

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #224 on: June 18, 2012, 05:28:45 PM »
I thought he looked tire and a bit off the pace, he is gonna be a gem, but he looks like he needs the bye to me, last few games he looked like he was running on empty, credit that he is still giving his all.
Lots of people name their swords......