Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 105389 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #540 on: September 27, 2022, 08:31:31 PM »
Is this how the Tigers get the dynamic midfield duo over the line?

Josh Jenkins's Mega Trade!

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1574578319407849476

That ain't no "mega trade"

Not even close

GWS will want more than that
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #541 on: September 27, 2022, 08:49:12 PM »
You have to remember that Hopper is a salary dump and we're doing them a favour otherwise he'd be staying. 
I'm thinking 2 firsts plus a player or pick 30 get a this done. 

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #542 on: September 27, 2022, 08:53:46 PM »
You have to remember that Hopper is a salary dump and we're doing them a favour otherwise he'd be staying. 
Is this a really good trade?
If we just traded Taranto is there another option we could be looking at??

Online Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #543 on: September 27, 2022, 09:50:34 PM »

Hopper isn’t a salary dump. 

Giants would prefer to keep him.

Whilst it does help there salary situation, there are many ways to reduce cap, made easier by the AFL signing off on picks + salary for lower pick salary dump trades for this trade period..

Again, trading Hopper helps GWS, but they’re not the ones pushing Hopper out the door like Pies are with Grundy and also did with Treloar.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #544 on: September 27, 2022, 10:16:56 PM »
Fake Trade

Tigers receive Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto.

Giants receive Sydney Stack, future 2nd and pick 12.

#AFLTrade #AFLtrades

Official Journalist for The Roar. I cover AFL Trade news and rumours and cricket.

https://twitter.com/FredBarker83/status/1574722617268834304

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #545 on: September 27, 2022, 10:22:31 PM »

Whilst it does help there salary situation, there are many ways to reduce cap, made easier by the AFL signing off on picks + salary for lower pick salary dump trades for this trade period..

Again, trading Hopper helps GWS, but they’re not the ones pushing Hopper out the door like Pies are with Grundy and also did with Treloar.

Good post but I suspect Hopper is a salary dump and they’re keeping it on the down low. They have enough inside mids to cover him.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #546 on: September 27, 2022, 11:29:39 PM »

Good post but I suspect Hopper is a salary dump and they’re keeping it on the down low. They have enough inside mids to cover him.

Down low? It’s been well documented that gws are 1 mil+ over the cap next season. Bruhn would be on 200k, Bobby hill at most 400k, they most definitely need to get rid of hopper. By all accounts hopper and Taranto are happy at gws, if it wasn’t for their cap situation I suspect they’d both be playing for the giants next season.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #547 on: September 27, 2022, 11:38:52 PM »
Quinton Narkle has been delisted by the cats today.

We have had heavy interest in the past.

Would be worth a punt.

Watch this space..

https://twitter.com/RFC_Centre/status/1574665383474188288

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #548 on: September 28, 2022, 03:13:02 AM »
Benny Gale on 7news last night was confident about getting both the Taranto & Hopper deals done.

Grimesy on 9news said it will be exciting to have both of them around Punt Rd long term.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1574683471284678661
https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1574683475961069568

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #549 on: September 28, 2022, 07:21:17 AM »
Quinton Narkle has been delisted by the cats today.

We have had heavy interest in the past.

Would be worth a punt.

Watch this space..

https://twitter.com/RFC_Centre/status/1574665383474188288

Depth on minimal coin maybe

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #550 on: September 28, 2022, 09:20:47 AM »

Clearly they want him off the books.  Not sure what else you call it?  If they'd prefer to keep him, he's under contract so they can and trade out others.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: September 28, 2022, 09:33:23 AM »
Hopper is a dump 100%

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #552 on: September 28, 2022, 09:46:55 AM »

Down low? It’s been well documented that gws are 1 mil+ over the cap next season. Bruhn would be on 200k, Bobby hill at most 400k, they most definitely need to get rid of hopper. By all accounts hopper and Taranto are happy at gws, if it wasn’t for their cap situation I suspect they’d both be playing for the giants next season.

Context for downlow - they aren’t explicitly stating it - nor are the dealing like GC or Collingwood from 2020.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #553 on: September 28, 2022, 10:22:42 AM »

Clearly they want him off the books.  Not sure what else you call it?  If they'd prefer to keep him, he's under contract so they can and trade out others.

They don’t ‘clearly’ want him off the books. Where is it clearly stated that’s the case?

In contrast you have Collingwood pushing Grundy out the door. Hawks with Mitchell. Gold Coast doing the same with Bowes.

It actually makes more sense for the Giants to keep him, and let him walk in free agency next season as the chances of it being a first round compensation pick tied to a (likely) top end pick will be better than what RFC can offer.

Again, it helps GWS to move from Hopper, but it isn’t their only option.

This is like any other trade for an in contract player. A team has made an offer that the current contract holder can’t match. They aren’t pushing him out the door.

Online Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #554 on: September 28, 2022, 10:24:48 AM »
Hopper is a dump 100%

It 100% isn’t. It’s an inability to match a contract offer Richmond has made that in turn helps them shed salary. That’s not a dump at all.