Author Topic: Jordan McMahon  (Read 21202 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Jordan McMahon
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2007, 06:19:38 PM »
exactly what l been ranting about & he aint even pulled the boots on & his mouthing off about his old club
they will target him for sure & give us a belting

richmondrules

« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2007, 06:24:46 PM »
exactly what l been ranting about & he aint even pulled the boots on & his mouthing off about his old club
they will target him for sure & give us a belting

Well we'd better just belt them first. I don't know about anyone else but I'm just about sick of being the team others can give a belting too at will. As far as I'm concerned it's time for us to be able to say what we like and not worry about other teams taking offence and walloping us. Let them take offence and then let them lose. Time to drop the loser attitude.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2007, 07:45:39 PM »
Given we already have Wallace, Browny, Paddy and Gordon Casey, one more Bulldog crossing over to Punt Rd won't really make a difference as far as their fans hating us. For two clubs that supposedly hate each other since 2001, we've had a pretty good relationship at the trade table and in each other's coaching boxes. Apart from Rodney Eade, ex-Tigers Cambo and Leon are the only ones who haven't left Whitten Oval over the past few weeks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Passionfruit

« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2007, 05:35:48 PM »
it aint 1 mill over 3 years. :-X

Its a fact it is!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
New Tigers in focus: Jordan McMahon (RFC)
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2007, 04:10:58 PM »
New Tigers in focus: Jordan McMahon
2:16 PM Mon 10 December, 2007
By Ben Broad
for richmondfc.com.au

Click here to see how Jordan McMahon has viewed his first few weeks at Punt Rd. Keep an eye out on richmondfc.com.au for more video insights into how fellow recruit Mitch Morton, as well as new draftees Trent Cotchin, Alex Rance and Dean Put, have fitted in at Tigerland.

IF JORDAN McMahon didn't remember Terry Wallace's ways at the Western Bulldogs, it didn't take long for his former coach's methods to come flooding back after arriving at Punt Road.

McMahon, one of the Tigers' key signings during the off-season, is enjoying a solid pre-season in his new colours.

He is eager to make a new start across town after admitting he became a little stale in seven years at the kennel.

However he had to stay as fresh as possible for one of the Tigers' early off-season sessions, one of which McMahon recalled from his earlier days under Wallace.

"There was a session years ago [when at the Bulldogs] when there was a game called 'The Rings'," McMahon said.

"I hadn't done them for a long time and three or four sessions into training with Richmond the rings came back out…they're not a pleasant exercise or drill to do during football."

Now into his eighth summer at AFL level, the 24-year-old considers himself seasoned enough to handle anything fitness staff throws in his direction.

Although he admitted The Rings was not among his favourite drills.

"It's just two rings set up at either end and it's just back and forth, back and forth," McMahon explained.

"There's two teams going from one end to the other with one ball, trying to get it through the ring and it's just continuous.

"Just non-stop and it's actually really gruelling, very taxing."

McMahon is excited by the youth at the Tigers, and said he was surprised to find he was among a group of older players when training resumed.

But he doesn't believe having such a young list is a negative.

"That's the really good thing about them, they're young and they're exciting and I think that makes pre-season a lot more exciting…they're pretty happy to be here," he said.

While the Tigers are setting a cracking pace on the training track, McMahon says a few, in particular, look destined for big things in 2008.

"Nathan Foley can run; he's good at just consistently running, repeating efforts," McMahon said.

"And I reckon Brett Deledio [is flying]. 'Lids' is a pretty solid player at the moment. He's pretty powerful, pretty strong, he's built up a lot and he's quick too, so I think he's a bit of a package at the moment and he could show a lot this year, I reckon."

All things going well, McMahon expects a much-improved Richmond outfit next season.

After a disappointing 2007, the Tigers faithful hope to be singing the famous club song on a more regular basis next year.

And McMahon admits he can't wait to sing the 'Yellow and Black'.

"To be honest with you, there were two things about moving to Richmond [that particularly appealed]," he said.

"My mate said, 'You know it's really great that you've moved because it's good colours and a good club song'.

"That's the one thing nearly every person has said to me: 'You've finally got a team with a good theme song'.

"I played for a Tigers team when I was younger with the same song and I appreciate it. It's a good song."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=6301&newsId=54154

richmondrules

« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2007, 05:08:36 PM »
Good on you Jordy. Sounds like a nice guy and sounds excited to be with us. I know there has been a bit of discussion about whether we should have used pick 19 on him but I am sure we will all support him 100% in 2008. After all it was not his decision to use the pick.

Good to hear that Lids is impressing. Sounds exciting.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2007, 07:11:30 PM »
u know ive bagged this bloke but one thing that stands out for me is he actually seems happy to play for the tigers. he has a heap of enthusiasm which is really good to see.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Jordan McMahon on SEN
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2010, 09:00:56 AM »
Jordy of SEN:

* Richmond approached Jordy and showed how exciting things could be in the future and it went from there.

:lol

I bet the future didn't show him playing Coburg reserves.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ramps

Re: Jordan McMahon on SEN
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2010, 09:02:01 AM »
Jordy of SEN:

* Richmond approached Jordy and showed how exciting things could be in the future and it went from there.

:lol

I bet the future didn't show him playing Coburg reserves.

I deleted my post and created a new thread ... my apologies. Just shows how stuffed we are as a club IMHO.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2010, 09:57:55 AM »
If we got rid of Schultz when we should have for pick 16.
We could have drafted Matthew Lobbe the 200cm Ruckman.

If we didn't draft Jordan McMahon we would have Callan Ward.

*shakes head*
Go Tigers!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2010, 10:22:03 AM »
And if we hadn't made so many mistakes since 1975 we would have won a lot more premierships.

And if we didn't have the best supporter base in the league we would not be in existence.

And if we don't keep supporting and believing then we might go that way anyway.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2010, 10:37:43 AM »
Smoke,

I'm sick of the "If's" and "Buts" aswell.

It's not like we have heaps to talk about at the present.
Go Tigers!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2010, 10:50:54 AM »
my grandma has come back from th edead and is considering playing afl, and guess what the tigers and miller are interested and will speak to her manager

bloody hell, we are after every single player apparantly lol

rip nonna

never realised how funny i am lol

maybe not

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »
Smoke,

I'm sick of the "If's" and "Buts" aswell.

It's not like we have heaps to talk about at the present.

Sadly, yes.   :'(

jackstar is back again

« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2010, 03:38:17 PM »
Welcome to Punt Road Jordan.  :thumbsup

Unlike others here I'm thrilled to have him at Richmond.  :clapping
He will improve our run out of the backline no end and cut out the Kane Johnson/Andrew Raines "Half Back Square Dance". :nopity

In the many games I've seen him play he is a very committed footballer with excellent foot skills.
Also you don't play 114 games in a reasonably solid team like the Bulldogs if you are crap.
I reckon he tanked the second half of last season just so he could get away from Rodney "Mr Happy" Eade! I remember a few good swans were about to the bolt before he was replaced by Roos.  :outtahere

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm