Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 903235 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3555 on: June 12, 2014, 09:14:59 PM »
 :whistle
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3556 on: June 12, 2014, 09:29:39 PM »
But good on Shane Edwards for getting a 2 year contract extension. :shh

That's gold Magic. :lol :rollin :lol

I like Shane but obviously he isn't as good a player as Martin, nor is he paid near as much.
He's also not worth near as much as a trade otherwise I'd suggest we use him to land a genuine quality mid as well.

Our club only has one elite midfielder right now called Trent Cotchin who is carrying the entire weight of the RFC on his shoulders.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3557 on: June 12, 2014, 09:32:37 PM »

I like Shane but obviously he isn't as good a player as Martin, nor is he paid near as much.
He's also not worth near as much as a trade otherwise I'd suggest we use him to land a genuine quality mid as well.

Our club only has one elite midfielder right now called Trent Cotchin who is carrying the entire weight of the RFC on his shoulders.

If I had to pick a "good" mid from the club as trade bait in lieu of a rebuild I'd spruike Lids.

Martin for me is younger and more explosive.

Lids atm is also playing like he does not want to be there.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3558 on: June 12, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »
Lids has officially given up.
FHO.

If only Cotchin learnt to kick, we could trade him too  ;D
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3559 on: June 12, 2014, 11:42:15 PM »
If we traded Deledio & Riewoldt and ended up with say, Fyfe & Cameron or Patton and still had high picks would anyone really be upset?

If we traded Rance & Conca back to WA in a 3-way involving GWS and got say Jacksch  and a pick inside the top 20?

You have to give quality to get quality.

Shankwards should get us third or fourth rounder....nothing to be sneezed at in an uncompromised draft

Try and get O'Rourke.

Vickery trade.

If all this did happen then I would consider targeting Mundy as a free agent.

Use the full rookie list Rookie someone like Shane Nelson and some x-factor kids from the top end, GC cast-offs, a young ruckman.

Grigg & Houli become depth players while were stuck with them. Ellis plays Grigg's roll. Helbig, Arnott, McIntosh, Dea, Miles become regulars. McDonough mainly up forward.

Admit we stuffed up with Hampsud - stick him the VFL and hopefully he'll get disillusioned and quit a year early.

Knights, Thomarse, Gordon, Lloyd, Banfumbles, Williams, Newman, Stephenson, King - see ya later.

Whatever Port's paying Burgess - offer him double and pay out Port. Either way - new fitness staff.

Get blokes like Voss, Ling & Bassett as assistants. Knights for the ressies.

Sadly will never happen but that's roughly  the kind of off-season & 2015 I'd love to see.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:33:05 AM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3560 on: June 13, 2014, 03:48:09 AM »
If we traded Deledio & Riewoldt and ended up with say, Fyfe & Cameron or Patton and still had high picks would anyone really be upset?

If we traded Rance & Conca back to WA in a 3-way involving GWS and got say Jacksch  and a pick inside the top 20?

You have to give quality to get quality.

Shankwards should get us third or fourth rounder....nothing to be sneezed at in an uncompromised draft

Try and get O'Rourke.

Vickery trade.

If all this did happen then I would consider targeting Mundy as a free agent.

Use the full rookie list Rookie someone like Shane Nelson and some x-factor kids from the top end, GC cast-offs, a young ruckman.

Grigg & Houli become depth players while were stuck with them. Ellis plays Grigg's roll. Helbig, Arnott, McIntosh, Dea, Miles become regulars. McDonough mainly up forward.

Admit we stuffed up with Hampsud - stick him the VFL and hopefully he'll get disillusioned and quit a year early.

Knights, Thomarse, Gordon, Lloyd, Banfumbles, Williams, Newman, Stephenson - see ya later.

Whatever Port's paying Burgess - offer him double and pay out Port. Either way - new fitness staff.

Get blokes like Voss, Ling & Bassett as assistants. Knights for the ressies.

Sadly will never happen but that's roughly  the kind of off-season & 2015 I'd love to see.
Trading that many players would destroy our culture...

;D

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3561 on: June 13, 2014, 04:01:41 AM »
heh...and hopefully replace it with a good one....

all moot anyway....like I said, will never happen....

« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:32:34 AM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3562 on: June 13, 2014, 04:45:10 AM »
Trying to work out who we'd still have left from the current list in that scenario....Cotchin, Martin, Ellis, Jackson, Vlastuin, Griffiths, Maric, Morris, Dea , Batchelor, Petterd, McDonough, McIntosh, Chaplin (for a year) Foley, Grigg & Houli,(likewise)Hamspud(grrrrr), Helbig, Grimes, Astbury, Darrou, Miles, O'Hanlon, Arnott, McBean,Elton, Lennon.

....add to that Fyfe, Mundy, Jacksch, Patton/Cameron, O'Rourke, 5 draft picks, 6 rookies. =44

Laughin'......

- Thomas Sowell

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3563 on: June 13, 2014, 07:08:28 AM »

We offered him more than Port did 2 years ago and he knocked back that offer... no chance...but agree with the sentiment
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3564 on: June 13, 2014, 08:03:25 AM »
Why Hardwick wanted to play him down back is a joke

x 1000000, but the know all don't agree....teach him to defend.....bla bla stuffing bla.

LMAO

His work off half half back and the middle set us up in the first half. On at least three occasions he set up forward thrusts with long accurate passes from half back that sliced Norths zone defence up. What a waste having someone on half back doing that.

Martin was largely responsible for getting the momentum our way which then allowed the luxury of plonking him him forward.

unfortunately in the second half we got smashed out of the middle and across half back so having him forward was about as effective as having him on the bench.

Yeah, LMFAO at your supposed logic, the same Logic you tried and keep trying every time we lose which has been all all season. He got the momentum forward by playing centre, not back and when he ended up forward he kicked goals.

There is only so much he can do.

I suppose you also condone the Morris move forward, stuff me, that's worked a treat.. :whistle
you really shouldnt post when you are drunk. it just comes out as gibberish.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3565 on: June 13, 2014, 09:55:02 AM »
Lids has officially given up.
FHO.

If only Cotchin learnt to kick, we could trade him too  ;D

Cotchin used to kick sublime
 One of the games best

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3566 on: June 13, 2014, 11:26:40 AM »
I'd still trade him. Might get us a true gun midfielder who can run both ways for 120m.

Some of you 'stuff wits' carry on like he's the best player in the league. Miles from it. Miles.

:lol :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Yep, god, I couldn't believe this when I read it, I think I actually cried laughing... :help
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3567 on: June 13, 2014, 11:28:17 AM »
Why Hardwick wanted to play him down back is a joke

x 1000000, but the know all don't agree....teach him to defend.....bla bla stuffing bla.

LMAO

His work off half half back and the middle set us up in the first half. On at least three occasions he set up forward thrusts with long accurate passes from half back that sliced Norths zone defence up. What a waste having someone on half back doing that.

Martin was largely responsible for getting the momentum our way which then allowed the luxury of plonking him him forward.

unfortunately in the second half we got smashed out of the middle and across half back so having him forward was about as effective as having him on the bench.

Yeah, LMFAO at your supposed logic, the same Logic you tried and keep trying every time we lose which has been all all season. He got the momentum forward by playing centre, not back and when he ended up forward he kicked goals.

There is only so much he can do.

I suppose you also condone the Morris move forward, stuff me, that's worked a treat.. :whistle
you really shouldnt post when you are drunk. it just comes out as gibberish.

Dito, although you wouldn't realise how much crap you actually talk because you are sooooooo self righteous... :wallywink

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3568 on: June 13, 2014, 12:28:43 PM »
i wonder if you will ever construct a logical, rational argument that displays just an inkling of football knowledge as why you think that the half back line has little importance in football.

.....or any other football discussion for that matter.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3569 on: June 13, 2014, 12:29:23 PM »
i wonder if you will ever construct a logical, rational argument that displays just an inkling of football knowledge as why you think that the half back line has little importance in football.

.....or any other football discussion for that matter.

:whistle :whistle :whistle ::) ::) ::)

"Rucks: