Author Topic: Changes For Next Week  (Read 9371 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Changes For Next Week
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »

So?

Not disputing that but when the game is on the line; you're team has the momentum and all you need to do is attack the contest to bottle the ball up to get ball up and you refuse to do it because you stop and do NOTHING and Freo clear the ball and score then you deserve to be punished.

Defining moment and you cost your team like that where you are currently placed in B&F voting means nothing. It looked soft and guess what it was soft. To borrow WAT's mantra there's NO EXCUSE  :banghead :banghead but if you think it's OK then good for you

Not condoning his mistakes, but if we are setting a standard for dropping players for mistakes you can drop the whole side. Just stinks of scape-goatness. If you drop Grigg you can drop 15 blokes before him.

Lids played a worse game then Grigg and didn't see him go in for a hard ball all day? Dropped?

Poor message dropping a guy after a great start to the year and has 1 poor game. Besides, replacing him with anyone from the Coburg line up is a waste of time.
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2012, 04:12:51 PM »

So?

Not disputing that but when the game is on the line; you're team has the momentum and all you need to do is attack the contest to bottle the ball up to get ball up and you refuse to do it because you stop and do NOTHING and Freo clear the ball and score then you deserve to be punished.

Defining moment and you cost your team like that where you are currently placed in B&F voting means nothing. It looked soft and guess what it was soft. To borrow WAT's mantra there's NO EXCUSE  :banghead :banghead but if you think it's OK then good for you

Not condoning his mistakes, but if we are setting a standard for dropping players for mistakes you can drop the whole side. Just stinks of scape-goatness. If you drop Grigg you can drop 15 blokes before him.

Lids played a worse game then Grigg and didn't see him go in for a hard ball all day? Dropped?

Poor message dropping a guy after a great start to the year and has 1 poor game. Besides, replacing him with anyone from the Coburg line up is a waste of time.

Point is it isn't the first time this season he has done it. Happens almost weekly but hey when you are winning it doesn't matter I suppose.

And are you seriously telling me Lids didn't go in for one hard ball yesterday? Now that's funny

But I do agree with you re Coburg after today outside Matt White there isn't much there in the form of replacements
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:42:05 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2012, 04:43:49 PM »
injuries permitting id go like this. did this on another board.

b/ morris - rance - newman
hb/ dea - griffiths - batchelor.
c/ grigg - tuck - deledio
hf ohanlon - post - edwards
f/ i maric - riewoldt - king
r/ graham - cotchin - foley.
int/ martin - ellis - a maric - conca/jackson

ins post - foley - king - graham
outs houli - vickery - nahas - jackson.

graham for vickery has to be a better ruck option play ivan in a pocket he did perform this role at adelaide at times. best of both worlds ivan gets a break of sorts we reward grahams good form and we drop a badly out of form player.

drop nahas and keep ohanlon just have to play this kid. in nahas place go tall with a permanent marking player in post. the postman gives us flexability as well.

drop houli soft insipid performances should not be tolerated at any time. keep a maric give him a block of 4 games he must think everytime he makes a mistake hes gone give him a chance to gell in. bring in king for houli at the very least king will tackle and commit his body.

finally foley for jackson chalk and cheese in performance and quality.

i reckon newman batchelor and conca a real lucky if we had a agile tall defender ie grimes moore to come in one of these would be in the gun.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2012, 04:55:55 PM »
Rekon Jackson's a chance for suspension

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2012, 05:25:27 PM »
Yes, the Dea Haters are out in force again :lol  I urge anyone to watch the replay again Twice, and tell me he should be dropped before 6 or 7 other players!
early in the season I was asking why dea was so highly valued by the club because I was yet to see anything that warranted such belief in a newby.
But I've seen enough to think he's gonna be ok.
On Saturday he was pretty good. What I like most about him is that he rarely panics for such a young player. That and his marking ability is something to build on.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2012, 06:41:39 PM »
Dea wasnt the worse and has shown good improvement so far. For me Id like to see Todd Elton get a game instead of Vickery.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2012, 07:09:28 PM »
injuries permitting id go like this. did this on another board.

b/ morris - rance - newman
hb/ dea - griffiths - batchelor.
c/ grigg - tuck - deledio
hf ohanlon - post - edwards
f/ i maric - riewoldt - king
r/ graham - cotchin - foley.
int/ martin - ellis - a maric - conca/jackson

ins post - foley - king - graham
outs houli - vickery - nahas - jackson.

graham for vickery has to be a better ruck option play ivan in a pocket he did perform this role at adelaide at times. best of both worlds ivan gets a break of sorts we reward grahams good form and we drop a badly out of form player.

drop nahas and keep ohanlon just have to play this kid. in nahas place go tall with a permanent marking player in post. the postman gives us flexability as well.

drop houli soft insipid performances should not be tolerated at any time. keep a maric give him a block of 4 games he must think everytime he makes a mistake hes gone give him a chance to gell in. bring in king for houli at the very least king will tackle and commit his body.

finally foley for jackson chalk and cheese in performance and quality.

i reckon newman batchelor and conca a real lucky if we had a agile tall defender ie grimes moore to come in one of these would be in the gun.

Amazed you dont want to drop Edwards, that must be a 1st..  Post wont play forward in front of Vickery..  Post doesnt play to the structures well enough yet and lacks a yard of pace on Vickery..

There will be minimal changes this week.. Push up back in for A. Maric and if Jacko is outed. which i dont think he will, but i'd bring in Arnot for him as the sub..  O'Hanlon did ok and should keep his spot.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »
Jack was seen today.cant walk so he won't play

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2012, 08:40:17 PM »
If thats the case don't know why they kept playing him after he got injured.

Amateur hour down at the RFC.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Ruanaidh

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2012, 08:44:03 PM »

I am amazed they didn't change that forward line around and sub Jack off?????

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2012, 08:47:38 PM »

I am amazed they didn't change that forward line around and sub Jack off?????

Agree.. He had zero impact and now hes farrkd for a few weeks you would think.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Gigantor

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2012, 08:48:11 PM »
jack the other one i think might not play is cotch,and maybe they will give nathan another week too..what you reckon?

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2012, 09:15:03 PM »
old shady sheedy. :lol

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2012, 07:00:50 AM »
OUT: Vickery Ellis, Minni Maric and Jackson
IN: King, Connors, Post and Foley

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2012, 09:51:34 AM »
Some of you might need to watch the replay as I am continually told to do regarding Edwards. Jackson played most of his game with his head over the ball, on the ground in and under and getting involved in the hard contests which is more than some of his team mates did.

He has played well for the last 3 weeks now!

STOP CALLING FOR HIS HEAD EVERY BLOODY GAME, CREDIT WHERE IT IS DUE FFS!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"