Author Topic: 2012 Brownlow Thread  (Read 18596 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: 2012 Brownlow Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2012, 07:06:27 AM »
My pet brownlow octopuss picked cotchin to win
Lots of people name their swords......

gerkin greg

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2012, 09:13:31 AM »
My pet brownlow octopuss picked cotchin to win

If he doesn't your octopus gets crumbed

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2012, 02:25:54 AM »
According to Centrebet (Source: Herald-Sun)

Gary Ablett, Gold Coast. $3.50
Trent Cotchin, Richmond. $4.50
Jobe Watson, Essendon. $5.50

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2012, 08:04:19 AM »
According to Centrebet (Source: Herald-Sun)

Gary Ablett, Gold Coast. $3.50
Trent Cotchin, Richmond. $4.50
Jobe Watson, Essendon. $5.50

The reason I stopped watching the Brownlow Medal night for years was that Richmond got pumped in so many games, that I didn't want to hear our opponents names being called out for 3, 2 and 1 votes round after round. By this logic, how can Gary Ablett POSSIBLY be the favourite when GC hardly won a game all year?
GO COTCH :thumbsup   

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2012, 08:08:05 AM »
By this logic, how can Gary Ablett POSSIBLY be the favourite when GC hardly won a game all year?

Because the media love Jnr and they know the umpires love Jnr too and both are seduced by statistics

Understand your logic though  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2012, 08:20:42 AM »
By this logic, how can Gary Ablett POSSIBLY be the favourite when GC hardly won a game all year?

Because the media love Jnr and they know the umpires love Jnr too and both are seduced by statistics

Understand your logic though  :thumbsup

Thats dead right and a real shame too!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2012, 08:36:14 AM »
Historically, sides that get blown away have no chance of registering votes, and GC suffered some pretty heavy losses this season. Conversely, sides that get beaten by a small margin have a good chance of sneaking a few votes even in a loss. As we not only got our win tally up to 10 and a half this year, but lost many games by less than a kick or two and were never demolished, I think Cotch has every chance of polling well. 

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2012, 08:55:10 AM »
Historically, sides that get blown away have no chance of registering votes, and GC suffered some pretty heavy losses this season. Conversely, sides that get beaten by a small margin have a good chance of sneaking a few votes even in a loss. As we not only got our win tally up to 10 and a half this year, but lost many games by less than a kick or two and were never demolished, I think Cotch has every chance of polling well.

He should poll very well and I hope the hell he wins, but there is the "Ablett" factor in there from the umpires. The media and umpires are consumed by him.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline hammo1976

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2012, 08:56:10 AM »
we will no cotchins fate early ablett had 40+ touches first 3 games and they got pumped if he pulls the 3's for all of them then i'd say he could be home, cotchin will come home as hard lets hope he can make up the ground

GO U TIGERS

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2012, 09:15:35 AM »
Cold Ghost lost 9 games this year by more than 10 goals, including a 126 point loss and 4 losses by over 90 points. If Gary Ablett polls votes in ANY of those results, then the voting system is a complete sham.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »
Can Cotchin break Richmond’s drought?
By Michael Rogers and Bradley Dawson
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Source: BigPond Sport

Only four Richmond players have ever won the coveted award, with the last being Ian Stewart in 1971, but Cotchin is easily the best chance of bringing Charlie to Punt Road since Kevin Bartlett dominated the MCG wing. The future Richmond captain was amongst the most influential players in at least 10 games this season, starring in the midfield and bagging 21 goals when pushed forward.

Historically, umpires also tend to notice certain players for more than just their on-field deeds. Where once blond shocks of hair made Peter Moore, Shane Crawford and Shane Woewodin stand out, Cotchin grabs the eye with his unique, hunched running style.

But is Cotchin’s form only relative? While the Tigers improved significantly, they still have a fairly shallow playing list which drops away after their core of stars, making Cotchin appear even better – perhaps better than he actually was.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/who-will-win-the-brownlow-medal/tabid/91/newsid/95620/default.aspx

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2012, 05:51:21 PM »
Cold Ghost lost 9 games this year by more than 10 goals, including a 126 point loss and 4 losses by over 90 points. If Gary Ablett polls votes in ANY of those results, then the voting system is a complete sham.

You only working that out now?  ;D

GC's results are not relevant when it comes to Jnr being loved by the umps and media.

Equates to exception to rule is G Ablett Jnr
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2012, 09:54:34 PM »
Barrett interviewed this punter called Sean Brady who apparently has won millions betting on the Brownlow in the past and that major betting firms now prevent from betting in large sums with them. Anyway this guy is backing Cotch to win the Brownlow on Monday night with Watson the only other one who can win it in his opinion if Cotch doesn't. He said Ablett can't win it.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2012, 10:06:45 PM »
Barrett interviewed this punter called Sean Brady who apparently has won millions betting on the Brownlow in the past and that major betting firms now prevent from betting in large sums with them. Anyway this guy is backing Cotch to win the Brownlow on Monday night with Watson the only other one who can win it in his opinion if Cotch doesn't. He said Ablett can't win it.

He also got it wrong last year.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »

He also got it wrong last year.

I'm extremely hopeful that Cotch gets the Charlie though I'm starting to think I may add to my bet and have a quite flutter on Mitchell and Thompson to hedge my bets  :juggle