Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 52867 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #315 on: May 01, 2023, 07:16:30 PM »
He got pantsed

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2023, 05:18:55 PM »
Not sure if Dimma's old school approach singling out Cumberland in the post-match presser after the Melbourne game has had the opposite effect on his confidence or it's Noah own failings, but Noah has had two shockers where he can't get his hands on the ball since those comments. He got a reprieve this week when he was meant to be dropped but don't see him getting another one next week even with our long injury list and lack of genuine small/midsized forwards.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2023, 07:11:27 PM »
Good call, the right call to sub him out. I am thinking, right now, we are a better team without him as his petulant behavior continues to hold him back.   

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: May 06, 2023, 07:33:14 PM »
Drop him. Let him reflect
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: May 06, 2023, 10:38:01 PM »
whoever instructed dimma to bag him in public ahead of some efforts by our so called leaders was a shocking decision. His comments today is a lot closer to what he should have said.

id like to know why mansell wasnt singled out today, nank a few weeks back, Bolton for his petulant efforts, Ross etc

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #320 on: May 06, 2023, 11:20:51 PM »
Im starting to get Mitch Morton vibes from Cumberland.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #321 on: May 06, 2023, 11:38:12 PM »
One trick pony. But… he’s not the Lone Ranger in that regard.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #322 on: May 07, 2023, 12:24:48 AM »
Im starting to get Mitch Morton vibes from Cumberland.

That's good, hopefully.

Because Morton is a premiership player.

Fingers crossed it means Cumberland will fall over the line in the last few weeks of the year and kick two goals in a winning GF.

Broadsword

« Reply #323 on: May 07, 2023, 05:50:13 AM »
Deserves the same support as other players on the list.

A guy like Cumberland plays on instinct. You publicly bag him enough and he'll stop playing on instinct and second guess everything he's doing as he's doing it -- and then the flame is extinguished. The magic's gone.

I notice from Dimma's presser that the narrative has now changed to he's doing enough defensively but not enough offensively.  ::)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #324 on: May 07, 2023, 10:19:32 AM »
Deserves the same support as other players on the list.

A guy like Cumberland plays on instinct. You publicly bag him enough and he'll stop playing on instinct and second guess everything he's doing as he's doing it -- and then the flame is extinguished. The magic's gone.

I notice from Dimma's presser that the narrative has now changed to he's doing enough defensively but not enough offensively.  ::)

Agreed

Still don't think we have any better options for forward positions

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #325 on: May 07, 2023, 11:15:55 AM »
I'm absolutely lost to the negativity on this kid. Our forward line is dosfunctional. Proven that when Dusty plays there he looks disinterested, he's past it, he can't get in the game. What can we expect from a kid like Noah.

He is high energy and gave 110% to the contests he was in, wasn't effective sure but I've had enough of the effort narrative. He's no jogger.

His IQ needs improving clearly. The 50m was ridiculous over umpiring but again the decision to do it was the type of Hollywood stuff the bottom 8 clubs do.

Let him free get around him and I reckon you have a potential Stevie J type player.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #326 on: May 07, 2023, 12:02:50 PM »
Where is the negativity? Majority of posts I see are people making excuses for him. He’s a young player in bad form, but just because he had a breakout year last year and just happens to be under 23 years old doesn’t mean he should get a free pass in the side.

If you want to see negativity go have a look at the Shai Bolton thread. Clearly one of our best players and one of the most dangerous players in the league. He’s had some bad games but go and compare his bad games to what Noah’s done over the past few weeks and the night and day reactions between them.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #327 on: May 07, 2023, 01:53:25 PM »
But he doesn’t get criticised publicly by the coach who changes the way he plays his game 
Double standards ?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #328 on: May 07, 2023, 02:10:15 PM »
Shai Bolton has most definitely been criticised by Dimma before.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #329 on: May 07, 2023, 02:24:58 PM »
Needs to get betterand stay involved in games not dure what has happened since last season.