Author Topic: Hardwick's post-match media conference  (Read 3996 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Hardwick's post-match media conference
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 02:33:16 AM »
It's disgust.

Try it.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 02:44:33 AM »
Lots of pressure and a lot of rolling mauls which is how they play.

I reckon the umps caused the rolling mauls. They were terrible last night

TBH, I'm happy we lost.

*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*

Seriously mate ? What is that crap ?

A better way of putting it :

*First pick clap clap clap*
*Reality check clap clap clap*
*Shyte coach sacked clap clap clap*
*PSD clap clap clap*
*Get a gun for free clap clap clap*
*PSD clap clap clap*
*PSD clap clap clap*
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick's promise: Tigers won't play dead (afl site)
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 04:29:13 AM »
Hardwick's promise: Tigers won't play dead
Adam McNicol
afl.com.au
June 21, 2014

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has pledged to keep fielding his strongest possible team during the remainder of the season, as the club deals with a dramatic fall in its attendances as it has slid down the ladder.

Six days after a crowd of just 22,074 saw the Tigers go down to Fremantle at the MCG, only 34,633 turned up at the same venue to see their scrappy 11-point loss to the Sydney Swans on Friday night.

The latter figure was particularly disappointing for two key reasons: the match was played in the key Friday night slot, and Richmond would likely have budgeted for a significantly larger crowd prior to the start of the season.

After playing finals last year, Richmond is mired in 15th place on the ladder with just three wins, and is 1-7 in its past eight games, its sole victory in that period a 113-point win over Greater Western Sydney.

"At the end of the day, if you put in a 3-10 season you're not going to get crowds," Hardwick said after the loss to the Swans, which came after the Tigers were 26 points up midway though the second quarter.

"We've got to make sure we start winning some games to get people back.

"We like to think we play an exciting brand of footy. Tonight was probably a war of attrition more so than anything else, but we've got to make sure we do ourselves a favour and win some games."

Although Richmond is out of finals calculations, Hardwick won't be blooding youngsters for the sake of it, nor will he be sending players off for season-ending surgery just so they can be fit for summer training.

"We'll still be out to win games," he said. "We're a better side than 3-10. The record would say otherwise, but we're playing some footy at the moment that's going to knock some sides off.

"So we'll just get the best sides to play. We won't be packing up anyone.

"We'll just continue to try and win footy games, because we owe it to our supporters, we owe it to our members, to make sure we keep going.

"Because we're well short of where we need to be, and we want to make sure we earn the respect back of that group."

One of the positives to come out of the defeat at the hands of the Swans was the performance of midfielder Dustin Martin, who gathered a game-high and career-high 36 disposals.

"I think he's probably been close to our best player for the majority of the year," Hardwick said.

"He's still got some areas of his game we'd like to improve, but he's only going to get better."

Another player worthy of a pat on the back from the coach was key defender Alex Rance, who had a tremendous duel with Lance Franklin.

The Swans star finished with four goals in what proved to be a match-winning performance, yet Hardwick could not fault the effort of his man.

"I thought Rance won that battle," he said. "It was an outstanding contest. A really good one-on-one contest. I though Alex battled manfully."

Hardwick was also delighted with the contribution made by inexperienced onballer Anthony Miles, who finished with 28 disposals and two goals in his third game for the Tigers.

"He's been very good," Hardwick said. "He wins the ball, he uses it well. He just puts his head where it needs to be.

"That sort of game suits him to a tee, and to finish off with two goals is a special effort.

"He's really impressed me, and I think he's impressed the AFL world in general."

One of Richmond's key problems in recent weeks has been its forward line.

Against the Swans, Hardwick's side had six goals on the board by the 17-minute mark of the second quarter, but the Tigers kicked just one more major for the remainder of the game.

"We're probably lacking that key forward at the moment that can take a big mark," Hardwick said. "Funnily enough, there's not many of those around at the moment.

"Jack (Riewoldt) was really dominant early. Probably faded out of the game. Aaron Edwards was a little bit the same and Shaun Hampson was probably a little bit the same.

"Our delivery inside 50 wasn't probably ideal from that point of view.

"Ty Vickery's back from suspension next week. Ben Griffiths we've lost for three with a hip flexor, so we've got some guys we think are capable of improving. They're just going to take some time."

Hampson looked to have rolled his right ankle during the third quarter, but Hardwick was adamant that the injury was not serious.

"He just got it retaped. He was fine. I think we got through injury-free for a change, which was good."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-21/tigers-wont-play-dead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick says umpires must throw the ball up quicker to reduce congestion
Glenn McFarlane
Herald-Sun
June 21, 2014

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has called on the AFL to instruct umpires to make faster ball-ups around the ground to stop the rolling mauls so prevalent in football this season.

Speaking immediately after the Tigers’ 11-point loss to Sydney last night, Hardwick admitted to frustration with the way the umpires have put their whistles away in so many congested stoppage situations.

“It was tough, but they (the umpires) have just got to ball the ball up quicker,” Hardwick said. “At the end of the day, you can keep letting the ball go along ... just ball it up.

“I feel we bring the congestion upon ourselves. If we ball the ball up straight away, when two or three players go to ground, sides will reset.

“What happens is we hold our whistle and players at both ends then come in and they throw it up straight away. So players don’t get an opportunity to go back.

“There is a simple solution. It is very hard to umpire at the moment under the instructions that they are given.”

Hardwick said the Tigers would continue to chase wins more than planning for the future, desperate to improve the 3-10 ledger that has them in the bottom quarter of the ladder.

“We will still be out to win games,” he said. “We are a better side than three (wins) and 10 (losses), (but) the record will say otherwise.

“But we are playing some footy at the moment that is going to knock some sides off. We won’t be packing anyone up, we will be continuing to try and win games because we owe it to our supporters and our members.”

He acknowledged the disappointing crowd of 34,633 for a Friday night clash with one of the premiership fancies could be put down to the Tigers’ frustrating season.

Yet Hardwick was encouraged by the Tigers’ performance against the Swans, returning to a more instinctive, possession-type brand that saw them lead for much of the night.

It was only four goals to Lance Franklin - including the only two of the final term - that helped Sydney overcome Richmond, despite a great duel the star forward had with Alex Rance.

Hardwick said: “I thought he (Rance) won the battle. I know Buddy kicked goals ... I thought it was an outstanding contest and I thought Alex battled manfully.”

He lamented some of the silly mistakes that some of his players made under pressure, and also a couple of umpiring decisions that did not go his team’s way.

Dustin Martin won his coach’s praise for his work across four quarters, with Hardwick saying he was one of Richmond’s best performers all season.

But the coach was frustrated with the delivery of the ball inside 50m and for failing to make the most of their chances when the ball was in there.

The Tigers tackle last-placed St Kilda at Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-says-umpires-must-throw-the-ball-up-quicker-to-reduce-congestion/story-fndv8t7m-1226961956906

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 07:55:18 AM »
Lots of pressure and a lot of rolling mauls which is how they play.

I reckon the umps caused the rolling mauls. They were terrible last night

TBH, I'm happy we lost.

*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*
*18th clap clap clap*

Seriously mate ? What is that crap ?
The time that it was posted should answer that.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 09:47:47 AM »
No balls Harddick doesn't bag the umpires

Clearly no balls. he should have bagged the umpires. They are clearly destroying the game
If RFC dont make a official complaint about the umpiring they aint serious about winning & that alone will keep supporters like me away from the game.

Rampstar

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2014, 10:08:50 AM »
hardwick reckons we play an exciting brand of footy  :lol

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick says umpires must throw the ball up quicker to reduce congestion
Glenn McFarlane
Herald-Sun
June 21, 2014

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has called on the AFL to instruct umpires to make faster ball-ups around the ground to stop the rolling mauls so prevalent in football this season.

Speaking immediately after the Tigers’ 11-point loss to Sydney last night, Hardwick admitted to frustration with the way the umpires have put their whistles away in so many congested stoppage situations.

“It was tough, but they (the umpires) have just got to ball the ball up quicker,” Hardwick said. “At the end of the day, you can keep letting the ball go along ... just ball it up.

“I feel we bring the congestion upon ourselves. If we ball the ball up straight away, when two or three players go to ground, sides will reset.

“What happens is we hold our whistle and players at both ends then come in and they throw it up straight away. So players don’t get an opportunity to go back.

“There is a simple solution. It is very hard to umpire at the moment under the instructions that they are given.”

Hardwick said the Tigers would continue to chase wins more than planning for the future, desperate to improve the 3-10 ledger that has them in the bottom quarter of the ladder.

“We will still be out to win games,” he said. “We are a better side than three (wins) and 10 (losses), (but) the record will say otherwise.

“But we are playing some footy at the moment that is going to knock some sides off. We won’t be packing anyone up, we will be continuing to try and win games because we owe it to our supporters and our members.”

He acknowledged the disappointing crowd of 34,633 for a Friday night clash with one of the premiership fancies could be put down to the Tigers’ frustrating season.

Yet Hardwick was encouraged by the Tigers’ performance against the Swans, returning to a more instinctive, possession-type brand that saw them lead for much of the night.

It was only four goals to Lance Franklin - including the only two of the final term - that helped Sydney overcome Richmond, despite a great duel the star forward had with Alex Rance.

Hardwick said: “I thought he (Rance) won the battle. I know Buddy kicked goals ... I thought it was an outstanding contest and I thought Alex battled manfully.”

He lamented some of the silly mistakes that some of his players made under pressure, and also a couple of umpiring decisions that did not go his team’s way.

Dustin Martin won his coach’s praise for his work across four quarters, with Hardwick saying he was one of Richmond’s best performers all season.

But the coach was frustrated with the delivery of the ball inside 50m and for failing to make the most of their chances when the ball was in there.

The Tigers tackle last-placed St Kilda at Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-says-umpires-must-throw-the-ball-up-quicker-to-reduce-congestion/story-fndv8t7m-1226961956906

Haha, so he says they should throw it up but says nothing about the free ride Sydney got all night ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2014, 11:11:38 AM »
I think its now up to the younger players to step it up at VFL level so the selection decision is easy for Hardwick. I'm sure he would play the likes of Helbig, McIntosh, McBean, O'Hanlon etc if they even played with half the intensity and fight Miles did first the first half of the season. None of them are setting the world on fire and an undeserved game here or there at AFL level would only hinder there progress rather than accelerating it.

Dimma hasn't reall got a chose but to play the more established players atm because our depth is rubbish at present. How Hampson is getting a game is beyond me and Thomas is isn't the answer imo - can't spread or kick  :(

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2014, 11:17:22 AM »
I think its now up to the younger players to step it up at VFL level so the selection decision is easy for Hardwick. I'm sure he would play the likes of Helbig, McIntosh, McBean, O'Hanlon etc if they even played with half the intensity and fight Miles did first the first half of the season. None of them are setting the world on fire and an undeserved game here or there at AFL level would only hinder there progress rather than accelerating it.

Dimma hasn't reall got a chose but to play the more established players atm because our depth is rubbish at present. How Hampson is getting a game is beyond me and Thomas is isn't the answer imo - can't spread or kick  :(

What  :huh

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »

What  :huh

:huh3

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2014, 12:58:50 PM »
Lol

"At the end of the day, if you put in a 3-10 season you're not going to get crowds," Hardwick said after the loss to the Swans, which came after the Tigers were 26 points up midway though the second quarter.

"We like to think we play an exciting brand of footy. Tonight was probably a war of attrition more so than anything else, but we've got to make sure we do ourselves a favour and win some games."

Imbecile.
Spud is back.
Caracella and Balmey.

tony_montana

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2014, 01:01:55 PM »
Lol

Imbecile.
Spud is back.

He's going to take the one positive out of a dud season and ruin that also. FHO!

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2014, 03:31:19 PM »
I think its now up to the younger players to step it up at VFL level so the selection decision is easy for Hardwick.

The selection decision was easy on Hardwick for Miles since round 1.  How long did we have to wait.  Thomas ahead of him.  Hardwick is dumb.  Easy is just too kind.

Stripes, what you should be looking at is how terrible Edwards and co have been.  They are soo easy to drop and yet every week they bob up again like ground hog day and get contract extensions.  Arnot has been great all year.  Would be great alongside Miles.  Its not a hard decision between Edwards and Arnot.  Or Thomas and Arnot.  Or Pettard and Arnot.  List goes on.  No point making excuses for Hardwick.

Exciting brand of footy.  Supporters want him to play the failed duds that got us 3 - 10 for the rest of the year.  Vickery will save us.  Hardwick is taking the pee out of us supporters.

tony_montana

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2014, 03:36:31 PM »
I think its now up to the younger players to step it up at VFL level so the selection decision is easy for Hardwick.

The selection decision was easy on Hardwick for Miles since round 1.  How long did we have to wait.  Thomas ahead of him.  Hardwick is dumb.  Easy is just too kind.

Stripes, what you should be looking at is how terrible Edwards and co have been.  They are soo easy to drop and yet every week they bob up again like ground hog day and get contract extensions.  Arnot has been great all year.  Would be great alongside Miles.  Its not a hard decision between Edwards and Arnot.  Or Thomas and Arnot.  Or Pettard and Arnot.  List goes on.  No point making excuses for Hardwick.

Exciting brand of footy.  Supporters want him to play the failed duds that got us 3 - 10 for the rest of the year.  Vickery will save us.  Hardwick is taking the pee out of us supporters.

I question his judgement - he is genuinely surprised at how well Miles has adapted. Obviosuly didn't rate him