Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 83304 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2007, 06:16:50 PM »
Spud on Ch 9 news saying Judd should go to Hawthorn or Collingwood  ::)

If the Eagles get picks 1,3 and Fev they'll be laughing. 3 for the price of 1 even if that 1 is Judd.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2007, 06:35:14 PM »
i know we can get him via the PSD, but what would you give up if we have to deal during trading week. are our first round draft picks untouchable?

JON, meyer and Sarge are all 1st round picks but aren't untouchable.

For me, pick 2 is untouchable, unless it is a swap down to 3 where we are still guarenteed Cotchin and get a promising youngster

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2007, 06:38:06 PM »
One player even a superstar like Judd won't solve our list deficiences. So unless Judd falls through to the PSD I can't see how we can get him without paying dearly for it at the trade table. I don't want us trading away our picks especially pick 2.

And it'd be wishful thinking to get say the bulldogs first pick for Schulz (KPPs are scarce in this year's draft) and then on trade it to the Eagles with JON and Cogs (WA boys).

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2007, 06:44:59 PM »
One player even a superstar like Judd won't solve our list deficiences. So unless Judd falls through to the PSD I can't see how we can get him without paying dearly for it at the trade table. I don't want us trading away our picks especially pick 2.

And it'd be wishful thinking to get say the bulldogs first pick for Schulz (KPPs are scarce in this year's draft) and then on trade it to the Eagles with JON and Cogs (WA boys).

after the akermanis project failed, I doubt they'd be willing to trade away picks

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2007, 07:01:03 PM »
after the akermanis project failed, I doubt they'd be willing to trade away picks
I'd doubt the doggies would do it too bluey but they are offering a 28 year old going on 29 Russell Robertson a 3-year deal  :o so maybe the Doggies will be stupid again. At the start of this year they believed their premiership window was open. If they think 2007 was an anomoly (a la Geelong last year) then they may look to top up in areas they are deficient (Big KP forward).

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2007, 07:03:26 PM »
true, but they'd be looking for key forward they KNOW will make it. Sarge is languishing in the reserves for Richmond, which would cast some doubts on a potential AFL career

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2007, 07:24:49 PM »
true, but they'd be looking for key forward they KNOW will make it. Sarge is languishing in the reserves for Richmond, which would cast some doubts on a potential AFL career
True bluey. At least Sarge wouldn't have Richo to run into if he did go to the Doggies lol. The Doggies paid picks 29 and 59 for McDougall last year btw :o.

The next "far out" idea is to commit heresy and trade one of our best but older Tigers (Richo, Joel) but I can't see us doing that either. I just can't see us picking up Judd without selling the farm or pulling off the deal of the century. Judd wouldn't want to screw to Eagles and walk into the PSD.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2007, 07:45:06 PM »
True bluey. At least Sarge wouldn't have Richo to run into if he did go to the Doggies lol. The Doggies paid picks 29 and 59 for McDougall last year btw :o.

The next "far out" idea is to commit heresy and trade one of our best but older Tigers (Richo, Joel) but I can't see us doing that either. I just can't see us picking up Judd without selling the farm or pulling off the deal of the century. Judd wouldn't want to screw to Eagles and walk into the PSD.

that's way I think my trade in the other thread is a possibility. It seems that all teams win or get a reasonable deal

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2007, 08:27:24 PM »
the way I see it could go down like this.

Carlton give away Fevola and pick 3
Carlton gain Judd

West Coast give away Judd and a promising youngster Butler/Schofield/Rosa
West Coast gain pick 2 and Fevola

We swap down a pick to pick 3 and snare a youngster such as the one above

Carlton take Kreuzer at 1
West Coast take Morton at pick 2
Richmond take Cotchin at 3

end result = richmond wins  :gotigers
Far more realistic but West Coast lose two players for a pick and Fev. The Eagles are better off holding on to pick 3 as they'll get Morton anyway without needing to give up a youngster as well as Judd.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2007, 08:29:14 PM »
but Richmond are keen on Morton  :shh

we hold the keys to whether or not the Weagles get Morton

If they really really want Morton we can force their hand

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2007, 08:51:41 PM »

But what happens if the Eagles take Cotchin instead with pick 2? Hell if they get 1st pick off Carlton they could take Cotchin as first pick leaving Kreuzer to us.

If we take Morton ahead of Cotchin I'll be doing this ->  :banghead. Morton is 192cm yet weighs only 75kg. Just what we need - another skinny kid :-\. I know Miller rates both in the top 3 but I would say this "we're after Morton" talk is forum gossip rather than hard fact  ;).

Passionfruit

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
Judd ends up at Carlton.pretty simple

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2007, 09:35:21 PM »
Spud on Ch 9 news saying Judd should go to Hawthorn or Collingwood  ::)

If the Eagles get picks 1,3 and Fev they'll be laughing. 3 for the price of 1 even if that 1 is Judd.

Spud works for Channel 9 so there is his plug for the boss.
Also doing defensive work for Hawthorn who were knocked out last night.

Spud is endorsing his employers to keep his jobs :lol :lol :lol :lol
Knowing Spud he might come up with Judd retiring altogether and coming back to Melbourne to fill in for special comments on Triple M :scream :whistle

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2007, 09:48:43 PM »
Lol at spudley

As long as it is not Carlton or they give up 1 and 3 well could live with that.

If not us then would like to see some fairytale footy stuff and see him at the Dees.

Maybe Richmond could do a shifty deal with the Demons and if Judd slips though to the PSD
All would be happy.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2007, 10:34:32 PM »

But what happens if the Eagles take Cotchin instead with pick 2? Hell if they get 1st pick off Carlton they could take Cotchin as first pick leaving Kreuzer to us.

If we take Morton ahead of Cotchin I'll be doing this ->  :banghead. Morton is 192cm yet weighs only 75kg. Just what we need - another skinny kid :-\. I know Miller rates both in the top 3 but I would say this "we're after Morton" talk is forum gossip rather than hard fact  ;).

if they can't keep judd they wouldn't even dream of taking another vic kid, way too risky that they leave as well