Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176089 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Tigers should trade Deledio: Robbo .... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #195 on: August 01, 2016, 04:58:55 PM »
Could get Fyfe, Bontempelli, Cameron, Stringer, Shiel, Kelly, Mumford, Goldstein, Hannebury, Franklin Hurley, Gray, Wines, Hogan, Petracca, Sloane, Cyril, Betts & the best 5 kids in the draft and Halfstep would still stuff it up...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers should trade Deledio: Watson (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #196 on: August 01, 2016, 05:17:55 PM »
Watson: Tigers should trade Deledio

Gilbert Gardiner
Herald Sun
August 1, 2016

FORMER Essendon champion Tim Watson says Richmond should follow St Kilda’s rebuild blueprint and trade experienced forward Brett Deledio.

The Saints made the bold decision to part ways with star midfielders Nick Dal Santo (North Melbourne) and Brendon Goddard (Essendon) to make room for exciting draft prospects.

St Kilda also traded Ben McEvoy to Hawthorn in exchange for pick 18 later used to recruit big-bodied midfielder Luke Dunstan.

“I think (Deledio) got potential to do what Goddard did and Dal Santo did in terms of what St Kilda did in their rebuild,” Watson said.

“They’re going to have to make some really tough decisions and I think one of the decisions that they should look at is (Brett) Deledio.

“And I think that can be a win-win for the club.

“You have that (trade) conversation with (Deledio) because you’ve got to have respect for your players and I believe there is a two-way respect there between Deledio and Richmond.”

Deledio has played just 11 games this year battling quadriceps and calf injuries.

“He’s got the ability to attract attention, get an earlier draft pick to be able to give themselves the opportunity to get some more talent into the football club,” Watson told SEN.

“And for Deledio then, it’s the opportunity for him to go to a club where he might have some success.”

Watson said all but three Tigers should be “fair game” on the trade table including skipper Trent Cotchin.

“I wouldn’t put Dustin Martin on the table, I wouldn’t put (Alex) Rance on the table. I wouldn’t put Jack Riewoldt on the table, I think everyone else might be fair game.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/tim-watson-says-richmond-should-trade-brett-deledio-to-fast-track-its-list-rebuild/news-story/f2b18dea78c1a94d0071587e43c00451

I think Tim is only speaking in order to benefit his own team, just like the Ox ' s comments re: Vickery to dees
the other clubs and commentators aren't stupid they know what the problem is but won't say anything, they want us to trade out players and keep our coach whilst we fall further behind..

You know what would make the rest of the comp poo themselves?
Having the gonads to sack Hardwick, assistants and recruiting staff
Replace them with a proven coach like Bomber Thompson and quality assistants from other clubs (not cheap unskilled first year appointments) and going after recruiters like Wells or Hinds...
People that can change culture, no more Fukn yes men
Keep our top 5-6 players, keep our kids and then put the middle tier like vickery, C ellen,  conca etc for trade and re draft/ build that middle quickly.
That's how we make progress.. Get it done  :clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2016, 05:28:28 PM »

Gilbert Gardiner
Herald Sun
August 1, 2016

FORMER Essendon champion Tim Watson says Richmond should follow St Kilda’s rebuild blueprint and trade experienced forward Brett Deledio.

The Saints made the bold decision to part ways with star midfielders Nick Dal Santo (North Melbourne) and Brendon Goddard (Essendon) to make room for exciting draft prospects.

St Kilda also traded Ben McEvoy to Hawthorn in exchange for pick 18 later used to recruit big-bodied midfielder Luke Dunstan.

“I think (Deledio) got potential to do what Goddard did and Dal Santo did in terms of what St Kilda did in their rebuild,” Watson said.

“They’re going to have to make some really tough decisions and I think one of the decisions that they should look at is (Brett) Deledio.

“You have that (trade) conversation with (Deledio) because you’ve got to have respect for your players and I believe there is a two-way respect there between Deledio and Richmond.”

Deledio has played just 11 games this year battling quadriceps and calf injuries.

“He’s got the ability to attract attention, get an earlier draft pick to be able to give themselves the opportunity to get some more talent into the football club,” Watson told SEN.

“And for Deledio then, it’s the opportunity for him to go to a club where he might have some success.”

Watson said all but three Tigers should be “fair game” on the trade table including skipper Trent Cotchin.

“I wouldn’t put Dustin Martin on the table, I wouldn’t put (Alex) Rance on the table. I wouldn’t put Jack Riewoldt on the table, I think everyone else might be fair game.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/tim-watson-says-richmond-should-trade-brett-deledio-to-fast-track-its-list-rebuild/news-story/f2b18dea78c1a94d0071587e43c00451

I think Tim is only speaking in order to benefit his own team, just like the Ox ' s comments re: Vickery to dees
the other clubs and commentators aren't stupid they know what the problem is but won't say anything, they want us to trade out players and keep our coach whilst we fall further behind..

Replace them with a proven coach like Bomber Thompson and quality assistants from other clubs (not cheap unskilled first year appointments) and going after recruiters like Wells or Hinds...
Keep our top 5-6 players, keep our kids and then put the middle tier like vickery, C ellen,  conca etc for trade and re draft/ build that middle quickly.

Good post.  Where has the ruthless ricmond gone.?
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2016, 05:40:46 PM »
But what do expect to get for a conca, Ellis or Vickery?
Another conca, Ellis and Vickery...

Even Vlaustin on his own wouldn't get us the talent we need.

The concept of flogging of a coth or Jack is valued around the draft picks we could grab.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: August 01, 2016, 05:46:00 PM »

Gilbert Gardiner
Herald Sun
August 1, 2016

Thats one of the best posts i have read and 100% right.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2016, 05:58:49 PM »
It'll all be a waste of time and energy unless the whole footy department are changed first.
BJ & Betamax should be the first to go and Dumma Halfstep should follow with all his yesmen right behind him. All this before even thinking about trades. 

If it's not a complete overhaul the club will just make the same mistakes all over again
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #201 on: August 01, 2016, 06:53:22 PM »
It'll all be a waste of time and energy unless the whole footy department are changed first.
BJ & Betamax should be the first to go and Dumma Halfstep should follow with all his yesmen right behind him. All this before even thinking about trades. 

If it's not a complete overhaul the club will just make the same mistakes all over again

Well unfortunately thats not going to happen BH already re-signed.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2016, 08:06:32 PM »
Get Bomber and Pelchen.

I'd still Trade Lids and possible Edwards and Cotch and look to get a big war chest of first round picks. Back Pelchan and his team to get the picks right at a better rate than FJ.
Go Tigers!

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2016, 08:11:24 PM »

Gilbert Gardiner
Herald Sun
August 1, 2016

Thats one of the best posts i have read and 100% right.

Yeah
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2016, 09:09:49 AM »
Deledio to GWS for Steele and Tomlinson (at a minimum).

That's a good start :thumbsup:

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: August 02, 2016, 11:38:07 AM »

Dunoo played 8 games this year...12 touches a game... 23/24 yoa next year

We getting screwed... Also gws would be unbeatable of they can get a few years out of lids

For mine eat-em-alive above comments pretty much on the money
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2016, 09:11:23 PM »

Dunoo played 8 games this year...12 touches a game... 23/24 yoa next year

We getting screwed... Also gws would be unbeatable of they can get a few years out of lids

For mine eat-em-alive above comments pretty much on the money

Tomlinson is a forward who can play mid - good size at 193/94, but is trying to get a spot alongside Cameron, Patton and now Johnson in the GWS F50 and we know how talented their midfield is too with Coniglio, Shiel, Ward, Smith, Greene, Griffin, Kelly, Scully, Steele, Whitfield (actually ridiculous when you think of how shallow our's is).

Has played 9 games in the NEAFL this year and is averaging 32 disposals, 1.33 goals, 11 marks, 3 tackles, 7 I50's and 3 R50's. All this being allowed to play midfield and F50. I know the magoos can make some players look like Brownlows but all the reports I've heard is that this kid can play very well and is just not getting a crack similar to Miles.

Anyway he's a target for me, KPP and would probably not be hard to pry away from the club with the prospect of just getting some games...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2016, 11:17:09 AM »
Has some toughness too him too. Not silly Townsend toughness where he just throws his body around stupidly but smart (for a want of a better word) toughness I guess is how I'd put it

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2016, 11:46:27 AM »
Neafl is Shyte

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: August 03, 2016, 01:40:13 PM »
Get Bomber and Pelchen.

I'd still Trade Lids and possible Edwards and Cotch and look to get a big war chest of first round picks. Back Pelchan and his team to get the picks right at a better rate than FJ.

Pelchen has rated Lids as a trade in the 18-25 bracket and Prestia in the 8-15 bracket on SEN today.
Both of which make sense.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.