Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176073 times)

tony_montana

Re: Tigers should trade Deledio: Robbo .... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2016, 02:53:50 PM »
Get Bomber and Pelchen.

I'd still Trade Lids and possible Edwards and Cotch and look to get a big war chest of first round picks. Back Pelchan and his team to get the picks right at a better rate than FJ.

Pelchen has rated Lids as a trade in the 18-25 bracket and Prestia in the 8-15 bracket on SEN today.
Both of which make sense.

Yeah I heard Pelchen in that interview. I pretty much agree with him regarding Prestia, Lids and what he was saying about o'meara and Vickery but feel we could get more for lids if the right buyer comes along - Lids would suit someone like GWS down to the ground and I think we could therefore get a deal more beneficial for us. They traded Boyd for griffen at the same age (29) and Griff had a history of back problems - reckon Lids is a better player too. Yes Boyd forced their hand a bit but still think we could and should expect more (unless his achilles really is stuffed)

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2016, 02:56:02 PM »
Get Bomber and Pelchen.

I'd still Trade Lids and possible Edwards and Cotch and look to get a big war chest of first round picks. Back Pelchan and his team to get the picks right at a better rate than FJ.

Pelchen has rated Lids as a trade in the 18-25 bracket and Prestia in the 8-15 bracket on SEN today.

Yeah I heard Pelchen in that interview. I pretty much agree with him regarding Prestia, Lids and what he was saying about o'meara and Vickery but feel we could get more for lids if the right buyer comes along - someone like GWS would be very eager and I think we could get a deal more beneficial for us. They traded Boyd for griffen at the same age (29) and Griff had a history of back problems - reckon Lids is a better player too

Considering they have 2 first rounders plus their academy kids GWS can really afford to pay overs for Lids. I mean, I know its wishful thinking but look at what they've got out of Stevie J (and IMO Lids is as good if not better than him).

tony_montana

« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2016, 02:58:24 PM »
agree dougey

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2016, 03:32:05 PM »
Get Bomber and Pelchen.

GWS offered pick 4 for Stevie J a couple years ago. Could we get the same for Deledio?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2016, 04:41:22 PM »
GWS don't need Lids know that is the problem

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2016, 07:00:33 PM »
GWS don't need Lids know that is the problem

Care to elaborate? You know they're not interested?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2016, 10:43:27 PM »
Pelchen saying Lids is only worth a late first round pick.

--------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile at Punt Road, the Tigers horror on-field performances have led to calls to trade some senior players, chief among them Brett Deledio.

Deledio, the No.1 pick in 2004, is now 29 and has been battling Achilles and calf injuries for the past two years but is a proven performer and would fit a premiership contender.

Pelchen said the classy midfielder was still worthy of a late first-round selection.

“He’s been an outstanding player and he’s still got good football left in him but the calf injury that has bothered him recently is a pesky injury,” he said.

“He is still of value to a club that is about to compete at the top end of the ladder or is already there.

“I’d say he’s more a player to get around 18 to 25 in a trade sense.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/chris-pelchen-reveals-what-big-name-trade-targets-could-be-worth-in-afl-trade-period/news-story/102dc7365eeed93e3256ac56415174be

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2016, 11:38:09 AM »
I would trade lids for a top 10 pick . Pick 10-15 would definitely have to involve the adding of some steak knives.

But a pick 18-25 is just plain insulting. No sale.
Unleash the tornado

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2016, 01:40:41 PM »
I would trade lids for a top 10 pick . Pick 10-15 would definitely have to involve the adding of some steak knives.

But a pick 18-25 is just plain insulting. No sale.

Given that he can hardly get on the park I'd be worried that he won't attract a pick that high.

He'll be lucky to play more than 35 games in the next two years.

Ironic that people bag Prestia as a option for having a meniscus tear in his knee and only playing 11 games this year when Lids has played the same amount.

Would consider a straight swap personally...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brett Deledio desperate to stay at Richmond (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2016, 04:15:43 AM »
McConville also manages star flanker Brett Deledio and said the 29-year-old was desperate to stay at Richmond.

“At this point in time we all know (Deledio) is contracted and wants to stay, so we will leave Brett to have those discussions with them.”

Source: Herald-Sun

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2016, 09:51:53 PM »
Barrett tonight saying Lids staying at Richmond is 50/50. Geelong the latest club showing interest.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #221 on: September 01, 2016, 09:54:17 PM »
To Footscray for Stringer. :clapping

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2016, 09:55:29 PM »
To Footscray for Stringer. :clapping
Where can I sign (on his behalf)....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2016, 09:58:42 PM »
The club that keeps giving.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2016, 10:01:09 PM »
Only dh's would listen to Barrett
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.