Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176092 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Deledio interested in joining Cats / Tigers after Caddy in return [update]
« Reply #720 on: October 13, 2016, 06:44:07 PM »
Coming up on Ch7 news

Lids speaks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #721 on: October 13, 2016, 06:48:42 PM »
Lids said

* no story here

* he didnt request a trade but open to it

* lot of water to pass under the bridge

* not popular on twitter at the moment

Steveo said he will be a cat by next Tuesday

Whatever
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #722 on: October 13, 2016, 06:54:03 PM »
Mark Stevens on Ch 7 news just said "it's a certainty that Deledio will be a Cat".

They then interviewed Lids and he said we'll know more by next week (Tuesday). He hasn't requested anything (any move) but he's looking at what is out there.

Ch 9 news also tried to interview Lids at some fashion show he's at now but the audio interference meant you couldn't hear what they were saying and Ch 9 had to cut the interview short.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #723 on: October 13, 2016, 07:19:53 PM »
Bit disappointed with Lids leaving if he does. Actually it's all been pretty disappointing the way AFL is heading with the trade period.

I am a bit old school and I like to see the long term players like Lids and Mitchell finish off at the club they started at, I suppose that's just where the game has gone.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #724 on: October 14, 2016, 02:33:33 PM »
think in time its only going to get worse and I think it will favour the bigger clubs more then the lower clubs... u look at where current players want to go hawks,cats why not have a few tigers sure dion wants to be a part of the club but for 600K a year id go to the tigers as well

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #725 on: October 14, 2016, 02:36:40 PM »
Bit disappointed with Lids leaving if he does. Actually it's all been pretty disappointing the way AFL is heading with the trade period.

I am a bit old school and I like to see the long term players like Lids and Mitchell finish off at the club they started at, I suppose that's just where the game has gone.

Maybe. I think Clubs are realising that the old school mentality gets in the way of winning flags.
I'll be shattered if (when) Lids goes, but fact is I'm glad to see RFC being a little aggresive, a little bold and getting something other than a parade for a modern great!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #726 on: October 14, 2016, 02:42:38 PM »

Maybe. I think Clubs are realising that the old school mentality gets in the way of winning flags.
I'll be shattered if (when) Lids goes, but fact is I'm glad to see RFC being a little aggresive, a little bold and getting something other than a parade for a modern great!

Aggressive should have been trading Ellis and Edwards too.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #727 on: October 14, 2016, 02:51:39 PM »

I dunno, is trading your B graders (and I say OUR B graders - C anywhere else) aggressive?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #728 on: October 14, 2016, 03:15:45 PM »

I dunno, is trading your B graders (and I say OUR B graders - C anywhere else) aggressive?

Well I think Lids is A grade, certainly was prior to the injuries. Well many here said Edwards is "elite"...so surely he would have value.

"Rucks:

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #729 on: October 14, 2016, 03:20:28 PM »
Yeah we should've traded Marcon instead of delisting him....clubs would surely pay up for other club's cream....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Shammo80

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #730 on: October 14, 2016, 03:24:30 PM »
maybe if we package up morris, hunt, townsend, moore we could get an early 3rd round pick

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #731 on: October 14, 2016, 03:35:24 PM »
Yeah we should've traded Marcon instead of delisting him....clubs would surely pay up for other club's cream....

Damien Hardwick;

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #732 on: October 14, 2016, 03:42:15 PM »
Lol at thinking our very last draftee (in rookie draft and all the drafts) is what Dimma meant by cream :lol

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #733 on: October 14, 2016, 04:42:47 PM »
Mail is mixed messages from the Tigers
Want draft pick for Lids, not want player ( caddy )
Who knows what's going on
Cats were going to move on two players for a draft pick in return, then on trade the pick to the Tigers for Lids
Now that we want a player ???
Well to be fair, it needs to be mixed messages because the possibilities are mixed. No point speculating on what pick we may get because they don't have one to give. The only thing they have is players and they need to trade them away for picks to give us or just trade the player straight to us.

I get the feeling that Lids has left his run too late.

Why are we not going for picks. Brisbane have openly said they are up for trading pick 2 for more picks.

lETS SEE WEE GET SAY PICK 18 FOR DELEDIO  WHY NOT BUNDLE UP 18 AND 6 ADD A PLAYER IF NEED BE AND TARGET PICK 2.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers, Cats hit stalemate over Deledio and Caddy (afl site)
« Reply #734 on: October 14, 2016, 10:59:33 PM »
Tigers, Cats hit stalemate over Deledio and Caddy

AFL.com.au
14 October 2016

Talks between Richmond and Geelong have hit a stalemate, with any move to lure midfielder Josh Caddy out of the Cattery now appearing unlikely.

The Cats have insisted a straight swap for Tiger Brett Deledio is unfair, and only a drastic change in talks between the clubs would see Caddy included in any trade.

The developments on Friday leave Deledio, who is understood to have cleared out his locker and told the Tigers he wants to leave, in an awkward position.

The midfielder's management made it clear early in the NAB AFL Trade Period that Geelong was his preferred club, but the Cats are unable to absorb his lucrative salary without shedding a quality player.

In the now remote scenario that Caddy made his way to Richmond, it is almost certain that Deledio would be required to take a pay cut to play at Geelong.

Caddy, who is holidaying overseas, remains comfortable to play on at Geelong after joining the club from Gold Coast at the end of 2012.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-14/trade-wrap-tigers-cats-hit-stalemate-over-caddy-and-deledio