Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176076 times)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deledio interested in joining Cats / Tigers after Caddy in return [update]
« Reply #780 on: October 16, 2016, 07:29:52 PM »
Received news lids to cats announced tomorrow. That's all i was told so i don't know who or what we will receive back.

It's Caddy ;)

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #781 on: October 16, 2016, 07:36:41 PM »
Received news lids to cats announced tomorrow. That's all i was told so i don't know who or what we will receive back.

It's Caddy ;)

Just Caddy, or Caddy and some picks swapped?

Massive news if true  :clapping :clapping

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #782 on: October 16, 2016, 07:40:30 PM »

It's Caddy ;)

I pressed for further info but it was not forthcoming. I was told it will be announced tomorrow.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #783 on: October 16, 2016, 07:42:22 PM »

It's Caddy ;)

I pressed for further info but it was not forthcoming. I was told it will be announced tomorrow.
Great intel, will pass it onto my mates. Cheers mate  :thumbsup

Edit: Just found this on BF
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/brett-deledio-watch-geelong-bound-rohcon-states-lids-may-be-rumored-to-be-interested-to-go-to-wbd.1145404/page-61

Not sure how to link to the exact post but its towards the bottom.  ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #784 on: October 16, 2016, 07:52:25 PM »
Straight swap Caddy for Lids is a win IMESHO

He doesn't want to be here anymore so let him go,  if it doesn't cost a pick then it's a win

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #785 on: October 16, 2016, 07:55:07 PM »
I still think our pick 6 plus B Ellis and B Lennon for Prestia and GCS pick 8. They move up two rungs to get their desired academy pick and get two right age midfielders and we retain round 1 pick and get Prestia

I think most would say they walked out winners but I would do that in a heartbeat :clapping

Most people who are objective would say:-
Lennon is an unfulfilled dud with issues attitudinally
Bellis is a vanilla outside player who turns it over

Why do people who say we overrate our list overrate our list?

Disagree
I think a lot would say
Lennon is a kid we don't know much about
Ellis is good he gets lots of the ball
There are a lot of nuffers out there :shh

Are you implying I'm overrating our list? Because on one hand I say "most people" which does not specifically mean I agree and on the other hand I say I'd do it in a heartbeat which means I obviously don't rate them as much as the others

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #786 on: October 16, 2016, 08:04:42 PM »
The Cats are also not advanced on a deal for Brett Deledio who could yet end up remaining at the Tigers.

Richmond has asked for Josh Caddy who said he was open to a move if Geelong wanted it, but that he was happy at the Cats.

Geelong is understood to want a second-round draft pick from Richmond, as well as Deledio, if they are to concede Caddy.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2016-jordan-lewis-and-hawthorn-in-stalemate-20161016-gs3eom.html

Ruanaidh

« Reply #787 on: October 16, 2016, 08:58:58 PM »

He doesn't want to be here anymore so let him go,  if it doesn't cost a pick then it's a win
Ditto

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #788 on: October 16, 2016, 09:22:43 PM »
I still think our pick 6 plus B Ellis and B Lennon for Prestia and GCS pick 8. They move up two rungs to get their desired academy pick and get two right age midfielders and we retain round 1 pick and get Prestia

I think most would say they walked out winners but I would do that in a heartbeat :clapping

Most people who are objective would say:-
Lennon is an unfulfilled dud with issues attitudinally
Bellis is a vanilla outside player who turns it over

Why do people who say we overrate our list overrate our list?

Disagree
I think a lot would say
Lennon is a kid we don't know much about
Ellis is good he gets lots of the ball
There are a lot of nuffers out there :shh

Are you implying I'm overrating our list? Because on one hand I say "most people" which does not specifically mean I agree and on the other hand I say I'd do it in a heartbeat which means I obviously don't rate them as much as the others

I'm not implying anything, I just cannot see how any club would see Lennon or Bellis as being anything more than most of us see by going most weeks.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #789 on: October 16, 2016, 09:34:25 PM »

I'm not implying anything, I just cannot see how any club would see Lennon or Bellis as being anything more than most of us see by going most weeks.

Maybe you misinterpreted what I said. By most I meant the public and by they I meant GC :thumbsup

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #790 on: October 16, 2016, 09:52:05 PM »

Maybe you misinterpreted what I said. By most I meant the public and by they I meant GC :thumbsup

All good, agree with general wazza -  just look up footy wire and he averages 25 possessions so he's a gun. I just can see GC or any club being that under prepared to get sucked into his type of short comings
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #791 on: October 16, 2016, 09:56:25 PM »

I didn't believe this a week ago but I've swung around

Lewis is 30 and whilst he is slow, is only a year older than lids who is hampered by injury. Yet dees will get him for what pick 60. This is what we face next year if we hold him

A young player like Caddy who can tackle is a win, as Hardwick has ruined lids to the point he wants out.

Letting him go for Caddy is the best thing for this club. The question is will the cats do it?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #792 on: October 16, 2016, 10:05:36 PM »

I didn't believe this a week ago but I've swung around

Lewis is 30 and whilst he is slow, is only a year older than lids who is hampered by injury. Yet dees will get him for what pick 60. This is what we face next year if we hold him

A young player like Caddy who can tackle is a win, as Hardwick has ruined lids to the point he wants out.

Letting him go for Caddy is the best thing for this club. The question is will the cats do it?

Do u think tardwick would realise he's the reason?
Caracella and Balmey.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #793 on: October 16, 2016, 10:09:50 PM »
I just read on twitter that if we had picks 22 (people suggesting will get that with prestia if we give up pick 6) & 27 then that would be enkught acadamey points for pick 8

Now i dont understand these Academy point calcs but i have to say that if those picks combined could get us back into the forst round then the prestia deal doesnt look so bad.

Point is anoyher reason why Caddy as a straight swap for Lids is the way tp go. Cats want pick 27, we need to keep it now more than every
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #794 on: October 16, 2016, 10:19:07 PM »
B.Ellis is staying

Poor decision by the club if true

Extremely poor

Pathetic actually
Hmm. Credit to you WP, you called for him to be traded last year - when his value was highest - and that would have been the correct move. Would have got a first rounder for him then.
Even if we could move him on now, a 2nd rounder would be overs. Shame we couldn't do a Pick 6 and Ellis for Prestia and pick 10 or something. :banghead
I knew BEllis was a dud in his second year.
And I hate him.  :lol