Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176104 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Deledio interested in joining Cats / Tigers after Caddy in return [update]
« Reply #795 on: October 16, 2016, 10:21:09 PM »
Bellis is kept for the same reason we have a female president.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #796 on: October 16, 2016, 10:40:54 PM »
I just read on twitter that if we had picks 22 (people suggesting will get that with prestia if we give up pick 6) & 27 then that would be enkught acadamey points for pick 8

Now i dont understand these Academy point calcs but i have to say that if those picks combined could get us back into the forst round then the prestia deal doesnt look so bad.

Point is anoyher reason why Caddy as a straight swap for Lids is the way tp go. Cats want pick 27, we need to keep it now more than every

Too bad the academy points mean stuff all for us unless we wheel and deal with GWS to upgrade picks but they only have 2 (too high to get) or 15 (not worth giving up two picks in the twenties for)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #797 on: October 16, 2016, 10:42:45 PM »

I'm not implying anything, I just cannot see how any club would see Lennon or Bellis as being anything more than most of us see by going most weeks.

Maybe you misinterpreted what I said. By most I meant the public and by they I meant GC :thumbsup

All good, agree with general wazza -  just look up footy wire and he averages 25 possessions so he's a gun. I just can see GC or any club being that under prepared to get sucked into his type of short comings

Agree with that. Some might think it's coaching though and can get more out of him but usually once a squib always a squib

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #798 on: October 16, 2016, 10:50:38 PM »
If Lids clean out his locker at the end of the year like some are saying, why didn't he nominate a club of choice to lock them in a bit like we have with Prestia, Mitchell and Jagar did with Hawthorn and Hill did with Freeo.
Both clubs get plenty of time to sort out a trade and come trade week it's a simple deal.
 I know why, at Tigerland we try and keep everyone happy- let's not upset the fans! Let's make out it's a last minute thing and hope the pain is short.
I know lying is the second language of the AFL but give us a bit of credit.
Most who have a clue know it's the right move for both parties.
But now what if it all falls apart?
Lids has to stay at a club he doesn't want to be at. Geekong know this and can play hard ball with us. Why wouldn't they? We are the ones left with our d1cs in our hands if a deal isn't struck.
Now I'm sure there are a couple of Richmond morons that will defend the club until they are blue in the face but again this has been handled badly by the RFC.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #799 on: October 16, 2016, 11:06:24 PM »
If Lids clean out his locker at the end of the year like some are saying, why didn't he nominate a club of choice to lock them in a bit like we have with Prestia, Mitchell and Jagar did with Hawthorn and Hill did with Freeo.
Both clubs get plenty of time to sort out a trade and come trade week it's a simple deal.
 I know why, at Tigerland we try and keep everyone happy- let's not upset the fans! Let's make out it's a last minute thing and hope the pain is short.
Lids has to stay at a club he doesn't want to be at. Geekong know this and can play hard ball with us. Why wouldn't they? We are the ones left with our d1cs in our hands if a deal isn't struck.
Now I'm sure there are a couple of Richmond morons that will defend the club until they are blue in the face but again this has been handled badly by the RFC.
Couldnt disagree more mate. Ball appears to be firmly in our court. I dont think Lids will be upset if he stays, nay I think it may have been the club that approached him originally about the possibility of a trade.

Geelong know that if they want a quality player like Lids, they will have to cough up something more than steak knives. If the deal doesnt get done on our terms, he stays and we keep a quality player.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #800 on: October 16, 2016, 11:29:45 PM »
Couldnt disagree more mate. Ball appears to be firmly in our court. I dont think Lids will be upset if he stays, nay I think it may have been the club that approached him originally about the possibility of a trade.

Geelong know that if they want a quality player like Lids, they will have to cough up something more than steak knives. If the deal doesnt get done on our terms, he stays and we keep a quality player.
I'm actually wrapped for Lids for wanting to leave the abortion of a footy club. Our last 30 years has been pathetic and for Lids he has finally realised it's not going to happen for him at Tigerland. To the point he will play for less money for a chance at something we have been to stupid to achieve.
If you really think the ball is in our court than you are truely delusional. I know we don't have to trade him but what is the point of making a player like Lids who has given a hell of a lot to this club, who clearly wants out, stay.
He bought a house in Geelong for God's sake!! Can he been any more clear!!
I hope he gets to Geelong and wins a premiership as it would be nice to see.
Hopefully we get Caddy as a straight swap as I think it's a fair deal for both clubs.
Also must keep pick 6 no matter what.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #801 on: October 16, 2016, 11:34:40 PM »
BT on the money

The bell is not in our court when you really think about it. They may well tell us to FO and get him in 12 months for nothing

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #802 on: October 16, 2016, 11:45:14 PM »
BT on the money

The bell is not in our court when you really think about it. They may well tell us to FO and get him in 12 months for nothing
Just our luck he will have a blinder of a year, get us to 9th, so we get another  BEllis type, then leave to Geelong and we get a second rounder for him as compo because of his age or some sh/7.
Even better, they remove the compo for FA next year so we get f all.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #803 on: October 17, 2016, 01:58:55 AM »
If you really think the ball is in our court than you are truely delusional. I know we don't have to trade him but what is the point of making a player like Lids who has given a hell of a lot to this club, who clearly wants out, stay.

When did he buy this house and how do you know that?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brett Deledio may be forced to stay at Richmond (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #804 on: October 17, 2016, 03:47:01 AM »
Brett Deledio may be forced to stay at Richmond as Geelong struggle to clinch suitable trade deal

JAY CLARK
Herald Sun
October 17, 2016

RICHMOND star midfielder Brett Deledio could be forced to stay at Tigerland next year as the Cats struggle to clinch a trade deal for the veteran midfielder.

Deledio, 29, expressed a desire to be traded to Geelong but the Cats are reluctant to hand over onballer Josh Caddy in a straight swap.

It means Deledio may have to prepare to play the final year of his contract at Punt Rd next season before he becomes a free agent at the end of the year.

The Cats are happy to wait until the end of next season to claim the slick utility for nothing under free agency rules.

It is believed a deal for Carlton defender Zach Tuohy is more likely as the Cats look to inject more speed into their back half.

Carlton is keen on Geelong midfielder Darcy Lang, 20, in a deal that may also include one of Geelong’s future draft picks.

Deledio has played 243 AFL games but was limited to only 11 matches with some calf and Achilles problems this year.

His parents and brother, Matt, live on the Surf Coast.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brett-deledio-may-be-forced-to-stay-at-richmond-as-geelong-struggle-to-clinch-suitable-trade-deal/news-

story/ba503fc8fb62fcddf250c47828e59db2

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #805 on: October 17, 2016, 06:34:19 AM »

Maybe it was big tone's house!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #806 on: October 17, 2016, 06:44:32 AM »

Maybe the Cats bought him a house
There we go, that old trick gets us again
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #807 on: October 17, 2016, 06:45:34 AM »

Maybe the Cats bought him a house
There we go, that old trick gets us again
The house Troy Taylor wanted?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #808 on: October 17, 2016, 08:05:48 AM »
I'm actually wrapped for Lids for wanting to leave the abortion of a footy club. Our last 30 years has been pathetic and for Lids he has finally realised it's not going to happen for him at Tigerland. To the point he will play for less money for a chance at something we have been to stupid to achieve.
I hope he gets to Geelong and wins a premiership as it would be nice to see.
Hopefully we get Caddy as a straight swap as I think it's a fair deal for both clubs.
Also must keep pick 6 no matter what.
So possible scenarios are:
A. We trade Deledio and pick 27 for Caddy and 38. That's a loss for us IMO. If that occurs, you were right and we buckled.
B. We trade Deledio for Caddy straight swap. Win for us.
C. We don't get the trade done and Lids stays. Win for us. He can walk to Geelong next year without needing a trade but A lot has to happen between now and next trade period. Would anyone REALLY have picked the Dogs to win the flag this time last year? If he does end up signed as a FA next year we would like receive an end of first round compensation pick even a first rounder (after our own pick). So really, the ball is firmly in our court. All this nonsense about him wanting to go is rubbish. He's open to a trade, he's doing the club a favour as much as we're doing him a favour.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #809 on: October 17, 2016, 08:12:56 AM »
B. is a win for everyone really.  Geebung get Lids, the bloke will be sublime in a good side.  Caddy goes alright and is young but he isn't Lid's sak skin yet.
Lots of people name their swords......