Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176103 times)

Offline spectre

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Deledio off to GWS [merged]
« Reply #1035 on: October 20, 2016, 06:45:55 AM »
The Herald-Sun, though, is saying pick 15 for Lids.

--------------------------------------------------

Brett Deledio announces GWS Giants as preferred destination as trade deadline looms

SAM EDMUND AND SAM LANDSBERGER
Herald Sun
October 20, 2016

BRETT Deledio has demanded a trade to Greater Western Sydney, despite an 11th hour contract offer from the Western Bulldogs.

The wantaway Richmond star was on Wednesday night agonising over the two clubs, with Geelong recruiting manager Stephen Wells declaring the Cats’ bursting salary cap had ruled it out of contention.

Sources close to Deledio said the relationship between he and Richmond had become untenable.

The All-Australian is desperate to put two years of nagging calf and Achilles problems behind him with a fresh start at a new club and was uncertain over his Punt Rd future beyond 2017.

Yet the Tigers will seek a first-round draft pick as compensation for a two-time best-and-fairest winner who has played 243 games in 12 seasons.

The Giants are armed with picks No.2 and 15 and will haggle for another early selection from Carlton for Caleb Marchbank.

The Blues could send Geelong’s future first-round pick to the Giants to seal Marchbank’s arrival, but GWS would still be able to land Deledio with this year’s pick 15.

The Bulldogs came hard for Deledio, completing medical examinations on the 29-year-old on Wednesday.

The premiers had arranged a medical with Deledio a few weeks ago, but pulled out when coach Luke Beveridge went cold on the idea. However, they were keen to add Deledio’s finishing class to a side tailor-made to his abilities.

Deledio was in Sydney on Tuesday for meetings with GWS coach Leon Cameron and head of football Wayne Campbell, a former teammate.

Two months ago he had laughed off talk of a move to the burgeoning Giants.

“I was watching ‘Dimma’ on On The Couch the other night and it come up about GWS and my wife only caught the end of it and she goes, ‘I don’t think I can move to GWS, I don’t know anyone up there, we’re going to have another child, I’m not going to have any support or anything like that’,” Deledio said.

But star Giant Stevie Johnson foreshadowed Deledio’s shock defection on Instagram.

On Sunday Johnson commented on Deledio’s post: “Deledio to Giants, heard it here first!! #talkedhimintoit”.

The boom trade means Giants’ coach Leon Cameron can slot Deledio and Johnson into the team which narrowly fell to the Western Bulldogs in the preliminary final.

The Giants have been installed favourites to win the premiership in just their sixth season.

Deledio will be the fourth No.1 pick on the Giants list, but will likely have the final year of his lucrative contract reworked to comply with the Giants 2017 salary cap. GWS may also demand Richmond pay some of his salary.

He will join fellow stars Johnson, Heath Shaw and Ryan Griffen in wanting to finish their careers at Spotless Stadium and will add further silk to a side blessed with transition power.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brett-deledio-announces-gws-giants-as-preferred-destination-as-trade-deadline-looms/news-story/3312dc68bdc1e9dad9d0e7a8f7afd00b

Hmmmm..that doesn't look good for the club if true... does this suggest that Lids was pushed out??? 

Maybe just wants to taste a premiership ands almost guaranteed that at GWS. Knows he wont win one here.  Unfortunately

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1036 on: October 20, 2016, 06:51:12 AM »
Sources close to Deledio said the relationship between he and Richmond had become untenable.....

Hmmmm..that doesn't look good for the club if true... does this suggest that Lids was pushed out??? 

Maybe just wants to taste a premiership ands almost guaranteed that at GWS. Knows he wont win one here.  Unfortunately

What it shows is that in the last 4 weeks a lot of porkies have been told by both sides

End of the day he wants to go, let him go and we move on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline spectre

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #1037 on: October 20, 2016, 07:04:23 AM »
Sources close to Deledio said the relationship between he and Richmond had become untenable.....

What it shows is that in the last 4 weeks a lot of porkies have been told by both sides

Agreed.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1038 on: October 20, 2016, 07:24:51 AM »

Do you really expect lids to say to te media Dimma is a moron and I dislike him?

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1039 on: October 20, 2016, 07:48:02 AM »
Dimma seems to get criticised for being a 'fantastic bloke' on one hand then criticised for not being one on the other. It's easy to whack Dimma for Lids wanting to leave but maybe Lids is being a bit precious too? For all Lid's qualities he has been a part of the RFC problem for longer than anyone else.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1040 on: October 20, 2016, 07:49:15 AM »
Disagree

Lids has never been "the problem"
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1041 on: October 20, 2016, 08:06:29 AM »
Dimma seems to get criticised for being a 'fantastic bloke' on one hand then criticised for not being one on the other. It's easy to whack Dimma for Lids wanting to leave but maybe Lids is being a bit precious too? For all Lid's qualities he has been a part of the RFC problem for longer than anyone else.
Well I never!
OER posters contradicting themselves? Preposterous!
Hypocrisy, manifest!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1042 on: October 20, 2016, 08:42:00 AM »
Disagree

Failed to fire in finals regularly.  Doesn't sign kids autographs (lol). Holds himself in great esteem and everyone else in passive contempt.  It is almost like he was on this forum and posting under multiple names
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1043 on: October 20, 2016, 09:08:39 AM »
Disagree

You're allowed to, I know my point is a bit contentious. I did, however, say that Lids was a part of the problem as opposed to the problem.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1044 on: October 20, 2016, 09:26:52 AM »
I don't think lids was part of the problem. Signed a 5 year deal with us when the expansion clubs were coming into play. Stuck with us the whole way through good and bad.. well through bad and bad honestly. Never tasted success, don't blame him at all for wanting to move on. Will always be loved by the Tiges as he was a great servant of the club. Sad to see him go. Wasn't a rough, tough, bash and crash kinda player but he's the kinda player who wins you games and that's something every club wants.

All that being said he still might not go.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1045 on: October 20, 2016, 09:46:57 AM »
Disagree

Failed to fire in finals regularly.  Doesn't sign kids autographs (lol). Holds himself in great esteem and everyone else in passive contempt.  It is almost like he was on this forum and posting under multiple names

:lol

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1046 on: October 20, 2016, 09:47:18 AM »
Lids is a rolls royce player.  No question.  He has a sore back from carrying the side so much
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1047 on: October 20, 2016, 09:54:44 AM »
Emma Q now saying we are giving GWS a pick also along with Lids.

Just when I think they might get a trade rite they go and f*^+ it up!!!!!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1048 on: October 20, 2016, 09:57:25 AM »

maybe for an upgrade or a player....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1049 on: October 20, 2016, 09:59:27 AM »

Unless it's bellis then it's a win