Author Topic: Who do you want @ 6?  (Read 40819 times)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Who do you want @ 6?
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2010, 11:38:46 PM »
Paul Daffy's Predicted Top 10

From Total Access:

1. GC - David Swallow
2. GC - Harley Bennell
3. GC - Sam Day
4. WC - Andrew Gaff
5. GC - Shaun Atley
6. Rich - Jared Polec
7. GC - Josh Caddy
8. Ess - Daniel Gorringe
9. GC - Dyson Heppell
10. Bris - Scott Lycett

How is he rated better then Heppell ... and what about Darling ??? .. and whos Polec , havent we had enough peopel with teh names starting with Pol  8)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2010, 11:51:40 PM »
Guy from South Australia.  I don't like him.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2010, 11:57:00 PM »
Guy from South Australia.  I don't like him.

yerr cant we get Heppel insted cause he is a 8 pick ?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2010, 11:48:20 AM »
Darling may 'slide' out of the top 10.

This is why it'd be great to have more picks inside the top 20 or 30. highly rated kids pls...

polec is a winger from south aust. who is doin well in the SanFL for a 17 yo.

19 Sep 2009
SANFL Eagle, 16, is all class
It hasn't taken long for Jared Polec to turn heads at Henley High School. "The assistant principal has a poster of me in her office," Polec said.

The reason? Polec, studying Year 11, is not only excelling in the classroom but on the football field, playing for SANFL club Woodville-West Torrens.

At just 16, Polec has joined the likes of Lindsay Head (West Torrens), Gavin Wanganeen (Port Magpies) and Mark Ricciuto (West Adelaide) in making his league debut before his 17th birthday.

"'I've found a few fans I've never seen before come up to me at shopping centres and I've had teachers come up to me congratulating me," said Polec, who weighs just 75 kg.

"It was quite intimidating at first but once the ball gets going you get used to it. A knock or two doesn't keep you down, so it's all good."

Polec set AAMI Stadium alight in helping his Eagles beat North Adelaide in last weekend's elimination final, an admirable effort considering he's juggling training three nights a week while trying to finish school assignments.

"I don't think he'll be doing too much homework," Eagles coach Ron Fuller joked. "He's that sort of player who takes the next step easily - he takes it all in his stride. Our stance has always been 'good enough is old enough'."

Last night named to play in the Eagles' first semi-final side against Sturt at AAMI Stadium on Sunday, Polec has been able to mix his football with school by studying the sport as one of his subjects.

"It's great. I really enjoy it," he said.

"The practicals are going really well and the theory too. It's been my dream since I was a little kid to play AFL and follow a couple of heroes of mine like Gavin Wanganeen and Gary Ablett."

Playing AFL will have to wait a season until Polec becomes eligible. But until then he can draw from the internal competition stemming from his twin brother Daniel, who has been playing in the Eagles' reserves.

"He's coming through the ranks . . . we're always helping each other out, giving each other tips," Polec said.

"We're always in competition no matter what it is from (school) grades to sport. It's always good to have that little push."
http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/club_news/page_2/167/

At this stage I leaning towardstaking a Victorian mid @ 6; Heppell, Gaff, Atley.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2010, 12:03:53 PM »
THIS IS CRAPOLA :banghead Why cant we choose Lynch, Darling or Heppel when there in Later picks. Surely its not assigned which is how you guys are talking dont GC go first for a pick all teh way to richmond is 6th in line to choose ANY player that hasent been taken yet? ... please help me out on understanding how this works if it dosent work liek that ^^ :help

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »
THIS IS CRAPOLA :banghead Why cant we choose Lynch, Darling or Heppel when there in Later picks. Surely its not assigned which is how you guys are talking dont GC go first for a pick all teh way to richmond is 6th in line to choose ANY player that hasent been taken yet? ... please help me out on understanding how this works if it dosent work liek that ^^ :help

???

GC have picks 1-3 and are going to take Swallow, Day, Bennel people seem to be sayng.

WCE pick #4, GC pick #5

Richmond then choose the best player the think is left in the draft pool come #6.

if we choose Heppel (or Gaff/Atley), then chances are Darling and Lynch will have been drafted to other clubs before our 2nd natonal draft pick. unless we trade for higher picks.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2010, 04:05:49 PM »

???

GC have picks 1-3 and are going to take Swallow, Day, Bennel people seem to be sayng.

WCE pick #4, GC pick #5

Richmond then choose the best player the think is left in the draft pool come #6.

if we choose Heppel (or Gaff/Atley), then chances are Darling and Lynch will have been drafted to other clubs before our 2nd natonal draft pick. unless we trade for higher picks.

Okay so why have Polec in a Post if were most likely not going to get him? GCwill get GAFF at pick 5 and we will most likely get Atley either one will doo 8)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »
It's just one of the guys from the AFL website.  It's a phantom draft.  What he THINKS the order will be.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2010, 10:24:03 PM »
From BF's DeepThroat:

Finally pick 4 is off as Gaff is there man and after interviewing him they realise what a professional he is and can see him being at the club as a one club player, we are no longer interested in pick 4 as it is more likely now that Heppel will be available at pick 6, if we can snare a pick in the top 20 then players like Gorringe Lynch Jacobs Smith might still be available, we see this draft as good as setting us up as much as the suns, pick 9 has gone to the lions for Brennen hopefully we make a play for it.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19222094&postcount=241

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2010, 09:34:20 PM »
Paul Daffey's first round from the AFL site.....

1.    David Swallow
2.    Harley Bennell
3.    Sam Day
4.    Andrew Gaff
5.    Dyson Heppell
6.    Jared Polec
7.    Josh Caddy
8.    Daniel Gorringe
9.    Tom Lynch
10.    Shaun Atley
11.    Billie Smedts
12.    Kieran Harper
13.    Brodie Smith
14.    Ben Jacobs
15.    Pat McCarthy
16.    Scott Lycett
17.    Jed Lamb
18.    Jack Darling
19.    Seb Tape
20.    Cameron Guthrie
21.    Luke Parker
22.    Tom Liberatore
23.    Mitch Hallahan
24.    Pat Karnezis
25.    Jamie Cripps

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103717/default.aspx

jackstar is back again

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2010, 10:36:29 PM »
my mail from the draft camp is Heppell is the one everyone wants.
he was the standout :shh :thumbsup ;) ;)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2010, 12:55:48 AM »
if gaff and heppell  go 4 and 5 who is next best option for us?

Josh Caddy?

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2010, 01:05:14 AM »
if gaff and heppell  go 4 and 5 who is next best option for us?

Josh Caddy?

A crap player is what ....

EFF THE GOLD COAST BUMS :banghead

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2010, 01:48:26 AM »
Caddy is NOT a bad player.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2010, 02:16:49 AM »