Author Topic: Bad luck Folks  (Read 33190 times)

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
Re: Bad luck Folks
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »
Lolololololololololol  ;D

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27477-post-match-discussion/page__pid__462779#entry462779

They're actually not too bad considering the result. They've got nothing on the BomberBlitz crew after Dreamtime!
Push up!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2011, 06:49:47 PM »
or OER after a bad loss.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »
Bailey and Melbourne?

the question is, and this is a serious question not a snipe,

is what Melbourne are dishing up under Bailey what you create when your foundation is built on deliberately loosing games?

or..

when people accuse Melbourne of tanking, is it really just a case of a crap coach of a crap team, rather than a team setting out to emulate the Pakistani cricket team?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2011, 09:04:51 PM »
Bailey and Melbourne?

is what Melbourne are dishing up under Bailey what you create when your foundation is built on deliberately loosing games?

or..

when people accuse Melbourne of tanking, is it really just a case of a crap coach of a crap team, rather than a team setting out to emulate the Pakistani cricket team?

It's neither. Carlton, hawthorn,st Kilda and even collimgwood have tanked over the past 10 years and it hasn't hurt them. It's hard to imagine that the eagles did not tank a little last year given their year so far. The Demons have a crap culture and an inferiority complex like the Tigers.

That's why we poo like big, black Alsatians when we play a good side with a ruthless reputation
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2011, 09:08:33 PM »
Bailey and Melbourne?

or..

Just a rumour but word on the Demons' forums is all isn't well behind the scenes within their footy dept. They are pointing the finger at the playing group still being upset at the poor treatment of then captain James MacDonald when he was cut at the end of last year. If there is any disunity behind the scenes it would eventually show onfield.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2011, 10:02:24 PM »
Bailey and Melbourne?

or..

It's neither. Carlton, hawthorn,st Kilda and even collimgwood have tanked over the past 10 years and it hasn't hurt them. It's hard to imagine that the eagles did not tank a little last year given their year so far. The Demons have a crap culture and an inferiority complex like the Tigers.

That's why we poo like big, black Alsatians when we play a good side with a ruthless reputation

what do you regard as tanking?

deliberately do all in your power to loose,

or doing things like sending players that need surgery in to do so early. gifting a couple of kids a game or three to see what they show, perhaps giving a few blokes whose heads are chopping block a last chance to show what they've got or  even increase their trade value? things that may increase your chances to loose, but otherwise are pretty sound football decisions.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2011, 10:23:52 PM »
Bailey and Melbourne?

or..

what do you regard as tanking?

deliberately do all in your power to loose,

or doing things like sending players that need surgery in to do so early. gifting a couple of kids a game or three to see what they show, perhaps giving a few blokes whose heads are chopping block a last chance to show what they've got or  even increase their trade value? things that may increase your chances to loose, but otherwise are pretty sound football decisions.
The latter. Include match-ups which may be disadvantageous on the day (playing a first year kid on Judd as a learning process) or giving less gametime than usual to your better players and more to those on the fringe or who are young and inexperienced. When you're struggling to win 5-6 games per year it's not that hard to manufacture another loss or two to keep your wins down to the priority pick limit of 4 wins.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2011, 10:32:10 PM »
so we tanked last year?  ;D

I heard someone on abc talkback after the game critisise bailey for the number of players he started with out of position.
Jurrah on the wing was one and there was another 2 or 3 that i missed.

thats what some people claim melbourne did when they accuse them of tanking.

the claw

« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2011, 10:42:07 PM »

I heard someone on abc talkback after the game critisise bailey for the number of players he started with out of position.

i wish, after rnd 9 and the season totally shot it should not have been too hard to ensure just 4 wins.

this yr was a little different because we defeated some ordinary sides early in the season a pp was out of the question, but ensuring we finish bottom 4 or 5  is not.that may mean we can still try for a win or two lets be honest here we are that poor we hardly have to tank.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2011, 11:04:48 PM »

Melbourne tanking was that game where Jordie kicked the winning goal after the siren. They had their whole defence up forward and their whole forward line in defence. We were just so bad we still almost lost. Some Demon fans walked out of the 'G in disgust when Pettard put them in front with 5 minutes to go. The rest cheered and sang our theme song after Jordie kicked that goal.

The most alarming stat for us is if you take just the first 11 rounds of the past 5 years we've won just 10 of those from 55 games. If that's not a Club that needs help via priority picks then I don't know who does. Our season is over if not within the first month then the first two. Winning games against bottom clubs in the second half of the year seems to just allow those at the Club believe we are not that bad when we are. Our list is still in a poor state despite the top end of it having half-a-dozen or so potential A-graders. We are still a bare minimum 2-3 years away from being a finals contender and that's based on us doing everything right including when free agency comes in.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2011, 12:41:48 AM »
We were tanking too. We had Riewoldt, Morts and cotch on the pine at the end from memory

gerkin greg

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2011, 03:58:48 AM »
Problem at Melbourne is Chris Connelly and Cameron Schwab

Bailey being a so-and-so does not help matters
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 05:13:15 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2011, 08:13:11 AM »
I reckon something was in the air because all of a sudden they pull up stumps, scully gets a sore knee, and Bailey became a leper, noted a few articles.  They knew they weren't going to win a flag this year.  If they want to force him out ala Craig...couple of big losses.  Oilla.  We know they aren't above tanking.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2011, 08:20:29 AM »
so we tanked last year?  ;D

You can define it however you like thats not my point.

I'm notNecessarily  advocating it, just saying most sides that tank come good and their tanked picks have helped - with the exception of Eagles this year.

Carlton and Melbourne are the systematic tankers and with Walker, Murphy, Gibbs, Kruezer and Judd -The blues are reaping all benefits today as a direct result of tanking.

Melbourne are not. They have the players but have stuffed up the off field appointments

Richmond are not, they have stuffed up the recruiting.
Hawthorn and Collingwood allowed a year of tanking and it netted them buddy and roughy and pendles and daisy.

Clearly working.

You may not agree with the philosophy of the tank but like salary cap rorting in previous decades it has done the job for a number of clubs.

FWIW - tanking is something I no longer would advocate at Richmond, we are so crap it would actually confuse the players.

I do not think we have tanked since the 2004 hawks vs Richmond game which ironically may have landed us roughhead.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2011, 08:38:38 AM »
Bailey and Melbourne?

or..

Just a rumour but word on the Demons' forums is all isn't well behind the scenes within their footy dept. They are pointing the finger at the playing group still being upset at the poor treatment of then captain James MacDonald when he was cut at the end of last year. If there is any disunity behind the scenes it would eventually show onfield.

very similiar to what happened at Punt Road with Gas and Chubba ;)