Author Topic: Pick 12 - who should we draft?  (Read 87450 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Pick 12 - who should we draft?
« Reply #480 on: November 24, 2014, 03:41:03 PM »
It'd be oh so typically Richmond to dodge the Trengove bullet only to then use the pick on a kid with a similar issue.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #481 on: November 24, 2014, 03:53:55 PM »
The stats don't l are there to see and Ellis is in the top half in most.

Rampstar

« Reply #482 on: November 24, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »
Apparently Ellis' kicking efficiency in the TAC Cup was only 49%. Definitely an Francis "footskills will be a priority from now on" Jackson special.

As I said in a previous post, I think he needs a lot of time to use the footy properly by foot. He isn't going to find time at AFL level. Of the midfielders we have been linked with for pick 12 I have Ellis as the last option. Just hoping that we don't reach again but Ihave concerns that's whats gonna happen

He was carrying a foot injury for much of the year. Went at ~75% efficiency in 2013.

the injury alone should mean we overlook him at 12. Way too much risk if he had a foot injury and couldn't get over it. 49% efficiency is shocking at TAC Cup level.

Rampstar

« Reply #483 on: November 24, 2014, 04:21:15 PM »
is the draft on Foxtel  this year? and what time is it?

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #484 on: November 24, 2014, 04:45:52 PM »

have a bloody look ya lazy b******

yes & an 1830 start :)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #485 on: November 24, 2014, 05:20:29 PM »

Ramps isn't lazy! The poor guy is usually recovering from young doctors sticking needles into him and missing veins on a regular basis! >:(
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #486 on: November 24, 2014, 05:51:41 PM »

Ps Dooks did you see the Cocka highlights I put up at the top of the page? Looks like a young Patrick Dangerfield.  He will be a powerful unit this kid.

Get Cocka!!!!!! :gotigers

the ability to burst from congestion with the footy the way he does in those highlights is priceless, if he can take it to AFL level.

talking to a recruiting scout for one of the more successful clubs, he said that according to their recruiters Nakia ticks all the boxes. he was coy about whether he believed he would get to their first pick and if they would use it on him. W Coast are supposedly very interested.

He doesnt believe that Nakia is on our radar,though, as there are three others in our sights. whether this is inside info or something he picked up from the media i am unsure.

as an aside, he shares the view of many that Jackson likes to "reach" in some vain attempt to pull off some master stoke of recruiting.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #487 on: November 24, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »

as an aside, he shares the view of many that Jackson likes to "reach" in some vain attempt to pull off some master stoke of recruiting.

Ahh, mentored by that old master Greg Miller (who recruited Carey and Longmire if you didn't know).

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #488 on: November 24, 2014, 08:03:34 PM »

Why invest in laying solid foundations for the club when ones ego is at stake.

Should stick the best available mantra up the backside

the claw

« Reply #489 on: November 24, 2014, 08:12:43 PM »
hmm id take blakeley in front of ellis if im honest. but hey im in wa.
id be interested in lamb at 12 as well. that may be a reach and a bit of a risk.

surely we are not locked and loaded like other yrs. surely if durdin goddard or lever was still there we would seriously consider taking one of them. we do need talls as well as mids. if we are chasing an inside mid which has been mentioned i reckon blakeley is as good as any of them.

if we are to take a mid im hoping one of laverde or de goey slips.

Rampstar

« Reply #490 on: November 24, 2014, 09:45:37 PM »

thanx for the info  ;D

Rampstar

« Reply #491 on: November 24, 2014, 09:47:52 PM »

Ramps isn't lazy! The poor guy is usually recovering from young doctors sticking needles into him and missing veins on a regular basis! >:(

they been pretty good lately  :o

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #492 on: November 25, 2014, 02:18:07 PM »
From Emma Quayle's live chat this arvo ...

Sean  -  "Who do you think would be an ideal player for Richmond to target in this years draft?"

Emma Quayle  -   "Hi Sean. I think they should grab Peter Wright if he's there, simply because it's really hard to find those sort of players. But their midfield could do with some continued boosting and they're going to have the choice of some very good players at pick 12. Liam Duggan, Lachie Weller, Corey Ellis are 3 I think would be in the mix there, and they could consider Jayden Laverde if he gets through."

Matthew -  "Any chance of Richmond taking a decent young aboriginal player this year? With centre & dream time, it's about time?"

Emma Quayle   -     "There are some very good indigenous kids in this year's draft. Jarrod Pickett looks like being a top 10 pick, and Paul Ahern, Nakia Cockatoo and Jarrod Garlett will be up there too. Clem Smith is another good player to look out for and I'm hoping Francis Watson gets a chance. Not sure whether any of these boys will end up at the Tigers though!"

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/trading-and-drafting/2014-afl-draft-chat-live-with-emma-quayle-20141125-11t95x.touch.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #493 on: November 25, 2014, 02:20:02 PM »
Not Richmond, but whispers are emerging that the Saints have changed their mind and will instead go for key position forward Patty McCartin at pick 1.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/have-the-saints-changed-their-mind

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #494 on: November 25, 2014, 02:24:37 PM »
Laverde :thumbsup