Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465756 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #1275 on: May 06, 2012, 07:30:57 PM »
Thought his second half was as well as he has played this season, more of the same please, and that spells d a n g e r  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Gigantor

« Reply #1276 on: May 06, 2012, 07:32:15 PM »
the problem is vicks..do they drop him now ,and if we do who is there to help out Maric.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1277 on: May 06, 2012, 07:33:55 PM »
Cleve Hughes got less chances then this bloke

John Butcher is the new Cleve Hughes.
Go Tigers!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1278 on: May 06, 2012, 07:35:24 PM »
Cleve Hughes got less chances then this bloke

John Butcher is the new Cleve Hughes.

All I seen him doing was loping around in circles and when he gets a shot at goal from five metres out he misses everything.............dud

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1279 on: May 06, 2012, 07:37:29 PM »
Today I thought Jack was great at telling others to "get their arms" up and also his general leadership. :clapping What a leader. :clapping

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1280 on: May 06, 2012, 07:52:34 PM »
Today I thought Jack was great at telling others to "get their arms" up and also his general leadership. :clapping What a leader. :clapping

:clapping

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1281 on: May 06, 2012, 10:26:50 PM »
6 clangers, Jack needs to cut this out of his game or he will end up being a flash in the pan in this comp, even with a Coleman around his neck. I do not want to see this. I want to see Jack become a champion forward in the history of our club.

I realise Jack is a player that thrives on emotion, but he urgently needs to address the situation of how he handles frustration-it is affecting his game. I'm not just talking about the swearing at the umps or admonishing teammates for sloppy passing, but his frustration I feel is causing some very bad decision making from him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1282 on: May 07, 2012, 07:32:48 PM »
Robbo's view on Jack is mixed...

"Good and bad from Jack yesterday. In the first quarter, Jack blasted Robin Nahas for not kicking longer, which allowed Jack's opponent to mark on his chest. In fact, Jack gave Nahas two sprays for the error, which must sound terrible on the field. The good came with Jack kicking four goals and laying three tackles."

Herald-Sun link

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1283 on: May 07, 2012, 07:35:17 PM »
Robbo forgot about his leadership. :clapping

Tigermonk

« Reply #1284 on: May 07, 2012, 07:48:10 PM »
His attitude stinks

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1285 on: May 07, 2012, 10:15:15 PM »

This is shpot on
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1286 on: May 07, 2012, 10:15:57 PM »

:clapping

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1287 on: May 08, 2012, 06:26:05 PM »
Jack's interview today was just on Ch 9 news. He said there's no injury and his dip in form was due to a poor attitude. Basically got a rocket from Dimma. Jack said you don't want a coach who is "peeing in your pocket"; you want honest feedback. As far as the team as a whole, Jack said you can feel we are improving and the results so far are showing that. Exciting times.

Edit: Here's the vision of Jack's press conference today ...

http://bigpondvideo.com/RichmondTV/447619/Jack%20Riewoldt%20Press%20Conference/

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1288 on: May 08, 2012, 06:30:05 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1289 on: May 08, 2012, 06:38:41 PM »
Richmond star Jack Riewoldt thanks coach Damien Hardwick for honest feedback
    Eliza Sewell
    May 08, 2012 12:36PM

JACK Riewoldt hopes he's emerged from his form slump

And the Richmond forward has thanked coached Damien Hardwick for not "peeing in my pocket" during his slow start to the season.

Riewoldt, who kicked four goals in the Tigers' win against Port Adelaide on Sunday after a poor start to season 2012, said had appreciated Hardwick's honest feedback early in the season.

"You don't want the senior coach peeing in your pocket, telling you, 'You're going all right, things will turn around'," he said.

"You want honest feedback. If you want to be a good player in the AFL you've got to be ready to hear that sort of stuff and you've got to be willing to act on it."

He said he had not been carrying any injuries, despite speculation he had a rib issue.

"I'm fighting fit, just a bit of a form slump," he said.

"Hopefully I'm over the hill now with all the injuries from last year and over the hill with the form slump as well.

"Coming off a few injuries last year, (I) thought I was going to walk back in and start playing really good footy straight away but it's been a bit of a solid slog.

"I was lucky enough to get on the end of a few on the weekend but it really comes down to, it's about the tackling, the little one per centers and leading the forward line, which I thought I did reasonably well on the weekend."

Riewoldt also praised recruit Ivan Maric.

"Don't be surprised in future years if you see Ivan Maric in the leadership group at the Richmond Football Club," he said.

"He's an outstanding person, he's got great core values ... his game on the weekend was probably a bit of reward for some really solid hard work.

"He trains hard, he's very professional and he's been really important to our improvement this year."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/richmond-star-jack-riewoldt-thanks-coach-damien-hardwick-for-honest-feedback/story-e6frf9jf-1226349777369