Author Topic: Richmond New Major Sponsors are Bingle and Jeep  (Read 74617 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond New Major Sponsors are Bingle and ???
« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2011, 03:19:18 PM »
I thought Samsung's deal was for both sides of the jumper.
I wonder how they feel about this, if they've been bumped off for more money or if they've reduced their sponsorship deal

Yeha me too

The Samsung deal was/is supposedly one of the biggest in the comp

Perhaps they've asked to downsize  ;D

I just wish we'd get our done, there's merch i want buy  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2011, 03:56:18 PM »
If Essendon just got $1.7 million a year for a major sponsor which is split by the way then to be honest we should be matching these numbers. I'd be disappointed if we couldnt match the $5million over 3 years from our up coming sponsorship arrangement.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2011, 08:01:04 PM »
If Essendon just got $1.7 million a year for a major sponsor which is split by the way then to be honest we should be matching these numbers. I'd be disappointed if we couldnt match the $5million over 3 years from our up coming sponsorship arrangement.

For whatever reason Flagman Essendon offer one thing we don't at this stage and that is more FTA TV coverage (they've got 14 games in 2011) - FTA is worth more sponsorship $$$$

gerkin greg

« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2011, 08:16:17 PM »
Yep, we're still clawing back up to the top of the pile. Those sponsorship figures will come, and then we'll start passing them. Donate to the FTF  ;)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »
Yep, we're still clawing back up to the top of the pile. Those sponsorship figures will come, and then we'll start passing them. Donate to the FTF  ;)

thanks Benny oops I mean Gerk  :thumbsup

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2011, 10:11:47 PM »
I would much rather we pick the best sponsor with the potential to grow over the long term than a short term opportunistic play.
The best fit would be worth sacrificing a few less dollars today with the view to it being worth big $$$$ when finals come our way in a few years time.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

gerkin greg

« Reply #276 on: February 18, 2011, 08:59:51 AM »

thanks Benny oops I mean Gerk  :thumbsup

:lol

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2011, 09:26:05 PM »
Any more progress here?
I'm getting impatient.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #278 on: February 20, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »
Any more progress here?
I'm getting impatient.

Well seeing I am heading away tomorrow for a weeks holiday with the family where I will absolutely no internet access the lawof averages tell me it will probably be announced this week  :rollin

PS: Noticed the other night that the Bombers have picked up Toll as their Shorts sponsor

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #279 on: February 20, 2011, 09:30:38 PM »
Any more progress here?
I'm getting impatient.

Well seeing I am heading away tomorrow for a weeks holiday with the family where I will absolutely no internet access the lawof averages tell me it will probably be announced this week  :rollin

PS: Noticed the other night that the Bombers have picked up Toll as their Shorts sponsor
have a great holiday.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #280 on: February 23, 2011, 11:56:28 PM »
Still waiting....

dais37   do we have another major sponsor yet?

Richmond_FC   not yet, hopefully soon.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #281 on: February 24, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »
Having said that I just saw this ...

One piece of puzzle remains
richmondfc.com.au
Wed 24 Feb, 2010

Richmond Football Club remains confident of signing its second co-major sponsor prior to the start of the 2011 season.

The Tigers’ commercial operations team has signed four new significant partnerships and retained two former major partners of the Club at a lower level, since the completion of the 2010 season.

Bingle is now a co-major sponsor, Clive Peters has joined as shorts partner while ME Bank signed a five-year deal for naming rights of the new training and administration base. Signet has also joined the Tigers as media polo partner.

Importantly, Dick Smith and Tabcorp have both been retained as community partners of the Club.

“The Club has made significant progress and we are really pleased with the quality of the business partnerships we have been able to establish,” Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said.

“The final piece of the puzzle will be securing our second co-major sponsor. We are in discussions and I am confident we will be able to make an announcement in the near future.

“It is a competitive marketplace but equally, I believe Richmond Football Club has a very good story to tell. We are a young, energetic football club right now with a clear direction and the right people to deliver our fans what they want - on-field success.

“We have more than 500,000 supporters nationally, the most passionate in the competition, and we are about to shift into a brand new facility, the ME Bank Centre. 

“We are also pushing up towards 35,000 members and the season is still more than a month away so we have a lot to be positive about.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/108289/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers still searching for major guernsey sponsor (Age)
« Reply #282 on: February 24, 2011, 01:41:43 AM »
Tigers still searching for major guernsey sponsor
Caroline Wilson
February 24, 2011

THE optimism surrounding Richmond's new era under Brendon Gale and coach Damien Hardwick has not yet been reflected in the form of a much-needed major sponsor for the front of the Tigers guernsey.

With the club having successfully launched its $6 million Fighting Tiger Fund, chief executive Gale conceded yesterday that the buoyancy at Tigerland regarding the club's future had not been yet been enough to seal a second major sponsor.

Richmond reached a deal with Bingle - an offshoot of the insurance giant SunCorp - late last month with the hope of a co-major partnership to quickly follow. Gale conceded that the current scenario was not ideal but he would not entertain the prospect of entering round one without front-of-jumper corporate partner.

St Kilda, which has endured an horrific and scandalous summer off-field, and Port Adelaide, which meets the Tigers in the NAB Challenge in Alice Springs this weekend, are also searching for new major sponsorship agreements.

But Port chief executive Mark Haysman said strong public support for new coach Matthew Primus had been reflected in the corporate community and that the Power hoped to announce a major partner for My ATM by early next month.

Gale ended his first full season at Richmond with most of the club's major partnerships in their final year - including major sponsorship agreements with Dick Smith and Luxbet. Despite a strong belief within the club that it will continue to improve under the present regime, the Tigers still finished 15th in 2010 in a year when its average attendances and TV ratings fell.

''We've secured some outstanding partners over recent years and both Dick Smith and Luxbet have stayed on in different agreements,'' said Gale. ''We renamed our training facility the ME Bank Centre and Clive Peeters have come on board as a shorts sponsor. We've got a few possibilities but we have no agreement as yet.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-still-searching-for-major-guernsey-sponsor-20110223-1b5l6.html

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: February 24, 2011, 07:13:10 AM »
Same story told twice - one glass half full, one glass half empty.  Oh, and the author of the glass half empty version is none other than our own Caro.  What a surprise.  What an angry, vengeful old bitch she is.

gerkin greg

« Reply #284 on: February 24, 2011, 09:48:37 AM »
Apparently a horse called Arta couldn't be pulled out, he sunk and died. It was quite upsetting.

Edit: Let's keep comments above the belt shall we.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:55:49 AM by one-eyed »