Author Topic: Richmond New Major Sponsors are Bingle and Jeep  (Read 74617 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Richmond New Major Sponsors are Bingle and ???
« Reply #315 on: March 08, 2011, 01:23:50 PM »
Gary March said there'll be a exciting announcement at the FTF gala night on March 17. Hopefully it's the new co-major sponsor  :pray.

Has to be! 

10 FLAGS

« Reply #316 on: March 08, 2011, 01:35:46 PM »
So who is it? This stuff usually leaks out and usually someone on OER has the info. :cheers

red

« Reply #317 on: March 08, 2011, 01:42:58 PM »
So who is it? This stuff usually leaks out and usually someone on OER has the info. :cheers
I have the information you need. South Melbourne Hellas are going to be the new major sponsor.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #318 on: March 08, 2011, 01:45:54 PM »
I have the information you need. South Melbourne Hellas are going to be the new major sponsor.

And an outstanding sponsor they would be too! At least you'll know they'll still be around in 50 years unlike some of the clubs in the A League that seem to be in a state of perpetual crisis these days.  :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #319 on: March 08, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »
 :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Dick Smith to partner Tigers in the Community
« Reply #320 on: March 08, 2011, 04:37:09 PM »
Just on sponsorship news:
====
Dick Smith to partner Tigers in the Community

richmondfc.com.au 4:05 PM Tue 08 Mar, 2011

Dick Smith will continue its involvement with the Richmond Football Club, partnering with its Tigers in the Community Foundation in an innovative three-year program, which is committed to helping keep Indigenous students in school throughout Central Australia.

This new partnership worth over $1m between Dick Smith and Richmond builds on a pilot conducted in 2010. The program will incorporate a number of initiatives aimed at increasing school attendance and contributing to building longer term employment pathways.

“We are delighted to be maintaining our association with Dick Smith in this way,” said Richmond’s CEO Brendon Gale.

“As a club, we have a genuine, long-term commitment to improving educational outcomes in Central Australian communities, and it’s great that Dick Smith shares our passion for this.”

The program has been developed in collaboration with the Northern Territory Department of Education and Training and its core focus includes:

•             An Outback Tigers program, managed by a Richmond employee based in Alice Springs, which delivers messages on health, hygiene, student behaviour, physical activity, leadership skills and career plans.

•             Technology in the Territory sessions, where Richmond players speak regularly to students in remote areas via web-cam technology. 

•             Player visits to schools in Central Australia that have demonstrated improved or excellent attendance.

•             Technology rewards (supplied by Dick Smith) and trips to Melbourne and Darwin for students who demonstrate improved or excellent attendance.

•             Opportunities to transition students into work experience and employment with Dick Smith.

Debra Singh, General Manager of Dick Smith, said, “This program is a terrific opportunity for Dick Smith to support the educational outcomes of young Indigenous Australians in Central Australia.  By developing and nurturing skills at primary and secondary level, we can play a significant role in assisting with the transition from school to work.”
More than 20 schools and 3000 students throughout Central Australia will be involved in the program over the next three years.

for richmondfc.com.au

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/108994/default.aspx

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #321 on: March 08, 2011, 07:36:52 PM »

Lol!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL's success in black and white (Age)
« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2011, 04:07:29 AM »
Nothing about Richmond (sadly given it's an article about sponsorship, tv audience and crowds) but here's the power of sponsorship in the AFL ....

AFL's success in black and white
Mark Hawthorne
March 9, 2011

WITH a new season looming for Australia's biggest sporting codes, the rush is on for clubs to land sponsors before the opening round.

The Western Bulldogs are the latest to ink a deal, re-signing Mission Foods until 2014. The uniform deal, estimated at a little over $1.5 million a year, will help the Bulldogs as they struggle under $5 million of debt. But it will also provide a marketing boon for Mission Foods, as AFL football dominates the battle for corporate dollars, crowds and viewer eyeballs.

A report into sporting media coverage has been compiled by independent firm Repucom, and it shows that Australia's home-grown football code has built a lead over the NRL, A-League and SuperRugby competitions when it comes to providing value for sponsors. Last year Mission benefited from $5.5 million of media exposure from its sponsorship of the Bulldogs, a figure helped by a much-reported spat with player Jason Akermanis.

Bulldogs president David Smorgon was upbeat about the record sponsorship deal yesterday, but also recognised the return provided by his club.

''We believe our partnership has created great brand value for Mission,'' Smorgon said.

The AFL was the most-watched football competition on Australian television last year, with an average of 14.64 million viewers per club. That compares with 13.81 million viewers per club for the NRL.

With free-to-air television dominated by the AFL and NRL, rivals are left to the limited audience of pay-TV. As a result, A-League soccer clubs average 1.5 million viewers per season, and SuperRugby clubs just 958,000.

Repucom's 9th annual Football Benchmarking report compiles data on the exposure major club sponsors receive on television, in print and in ''peripheral'' forms of media, such as the internet.

The television data calculates the number of viewers per match, the location of brand logos in a TV screen, and the amount of time those logos can be seen.

Its latest report shows that a presence on free-to-air television and high levels of print media coverage are crucial for sponsors.

The point is demonstrated by Collingwood, among the most-watched and reported clubs of any code in the country.

Almost 28 million viewers tuned in to Collingwood matches on TV last season.

That's more than the total Australian audience of every A-League and SuperRugby match combined.

No other AFL or NRL club can make such a boast.

The most-watched NRL club was St George Illawarra, with 23 million viewers for the year.

When match attendance is included, the AFL's dominance is even greater.

The AFL averaged 918,000 spectators per club last season, and the league provided the 14 most-watched football teams in the country.

Collingwood drew almost 1.7 million fans to its matches. Four other AFL clubs - St Kilda, Geelong, Carlton and Essendon - also drew a million or more spectators through the turnstiles last season.

The average NRL attendance was 436,000 spectators, less than half that of an AFL club.

The A-League averaged 297,000 spectators per club, and the Super-15 competition 166,000.

According to Repucom, AFL clubs generate an average $3.1 million of media coverage for their sponsors, compared with $2.97 million for the NRL.

More than half that media value for AFL sponsors comes from the TV exposure, and a quarter from print media.

Such is the might of the Magpies, the club generated $6.3 million of media exposure for sponsor Emirates last year and a further $5.7 million for Aussie Home loans - ranking it No. 1 and 2 in the country. Little wonder that Emirates' head of global sponsorship and events, Boutros Boutros, said the Dubai airline was ''very happy'' with its long-term deal with the Magpies.

According to Repucom, Collingwood's jumper is also the most valuable single football asset in the country.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/afls-success-in-black-and-white-20110308-1bmk6.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: AFL's success in black and white (Age)
« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2011, 06:57:56 AM »
WITH a new season looming for Australia's biggest sporting codes, the rush is on for clubs to land sponsors before the opening round.

The Western Bulldogs are the latest to ink a deal, re-signing Mission Foods until 2014. The uniform deal, estimated at a little over $1.5 million a year, will help the Bulldogs as they struggle under $5 million of debt. But it will also provide a marketing boon for Mission Foods, as AFL football dominates the battle for corporate dollars, crowds and viewer eyeballs.

Interesting number because Caro's reported in today's Age the figure for the Doggies deal with Mission "could be a high" as $6.5 mil over 3 years. Which reads to me that there's a foxed component & bonuses in their new deal. and btw $1.5 a year was the old figure  ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2011, 09:13:12 AM »

AFL's success in black and white
Mark Hawthorne
March 9, 2011

With free-to-air television dominated by the AFL and NRL, rivals are left to the limited audience of pay-TV. As a result, A-League soccer clubs average 1.5 million viewers per season, and SuperRugby clubs just 958,000.

Repucom's 9th annual Football Benchmarking report compiles data on the exposure major club sponsors receive on television, in print and in ''peripheral'' forms of media, such as the internet.

The television data calculates the number of viewers per match, the location of brand logos in a TV screen, and the amount of time those logos can be seen.

Its latest report shows that a presence on free-to-air television and high levels of print media coverage are crucial for sponsors.

More than half that media value for AFL sponsors comes from the TV exposure,
http://www.theage.com.au/business/afls-success-in-black-and-white-20110308-1bmk6.html

Yet adolf sees fit to reduce the free to air tv and increase pay tv exposure.

So he brings in more money for the league , pats his own slimy little back and increases his multi million dollar salary, while undermining the clubs' efforts to bring in sposnorship dollars
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2011, 11:44:17 AM »

More than half that media value for AFL sponsors comes from the TV exposure,

Yet adolf sees fit to reduce the free to air tv and increase pay tv exposure.

So he brings in more money for the league , pats his own slimy little back and increases his multi million dollar salary, while undermining the clubs' efforts to bring in sposnorship dollars

BINGO al - it's what I've been saying> every decision they make isn't based on the good of the game but the amount of $$$they can get

BINGO

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #326 on: March 16, 2011, 01:50:26 AM »
Peejay on BF is still hinting it'll be TCL

This question again?

Follow the Transurban shares.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20402194&postcount=8
Transurban group shares are known as "TCL"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #327 on: March 16, 2011, 07:01:15 AM »
Peejay on BF is still hinting it'll be TCL

This question again?

Follow the Transurban shares.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20402194&postcount=8
Transurban group shares are known as "TCL"

So which company is peejay talking about or is peejay hedging bets  ??? ;D

There is:

TCL - electrical company which is known TCL Electronics Australia Pty Ltd = TVs and currently launching their white goods range

and Transurban Holdings whos ASX code is TCL they are 2 very different companies 

10 FLAGS

« Reply #328 on: March 16, 2011, 07:13:45 AM »
Sponsorship is about the money but TCL as in the electronics company would be a disappointment in my humble opinion.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #329 on: March 16, 2011, 08:13:31 AM »
J
Sponsorship is about the money but TCL as in the electronics company would be a disappointment in my humble opinion.
and that sentiment about their brand is probably exactly why they may be trying to change it if they're looking to launch a new range of product. If they pay a good amount I couldn't care less.
EAT EM ALIVE!