Author Topic: 2010 Membership - "Yellow & Black - Feel it. Live it. Love it"  (Read 98565 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: 2010 Membership - "Yellow & Black - Feel it. Live it. Love it"
« Reply #390 on: March 05, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »
Richmond signs 30,000th member

Richmond Football Club is pleased to announce it has hit the 30,000 member mark for season 2010. 

At the close of business on Thursday, the Club had signed 30,159 members.

“Despite the fact that this membership number compares very favourably with other AFL Clubs, we have set ourselves very ambitious targets with membership both this year and beyond,” Richmond CEO Brendan Gale said.

“The Club is thrilled to have welcomed almost 2,000 new members on board in 2010.  It is testament to the commitment of these supporters, who are now members, that they have made this commitment after a disappointing 2009. 

“The Club joined 12,000 new members in 2009, which indicates Richmond’s support is as strong as any other club. 

“If you have never been a member, the club needs you to commit in 2010 and be part of the biggest transformation we have ever seen,’ he said.

The Club has been buoyed by the re-signing of rising star Trent Cotchin, who noted that the support of the members and supporters was a factor in his decision to commit to the Club until the end of the 2013 season.

Despite the 30,000 member target being reached, Gale issued a warning to members that 2010 was not the year to be reconsidering their commitment to the club.

“Of the 12,000 new members who joined in 2009 on the back of an exciting finish to 2008, only 3,632 have renewed in 2010,” he said.

“It is these members who hold the key to Richmond proving to the entire football world that our supporters are with us through the good times and the bad. At this point a 30% retention rate on first year 2009 members does not indicate this.”

Gale congratulated and thanked long-serving Richmond members who have once more showed their loyalty to the club, with retention rates at an all time high for longer serving membership categories.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/90226/default.aspx
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #391 on: March 05, 2010, 12:18:35 PM »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #392 on: March 05, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »
“Of the 12,000 new members who joined in 2009 on the back of an exciting finish to 2008, only 3,632 have renewed in 2010,” he said.

“It is these members who hold the key to Richmond proving to the entire football world that our supporters are with us through the good times and the bad. At this point a 30% retention rate on first year 2009 members does not indicate this.”
I 'd guess it depends on how many of these members were actual Richmond supporters. Some would've been hopping on the bandwagon but others might have been Eagles' fans or people who just bought a membership last year because we gave Cuz a second chance.

Still 30,559 and the rate it's moving at should see us with around 36k by round 1.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #393 on: March 05, 2010, 12:55:17 PM »
Where have those 8,500 gone?

Cmon Emos,get on board FFS.

You will regret not seeing the Tiges rise.

Tigermonk

« Reply #394 on: March 05, 2010, 03:33:34 PM »
Just think how many more members they would have if they had shown improvement on thier skill & decision making last year.
Just shows how imcompetant Wallace & his coaching staff were over 5 years & poor management from March & Co not to pick up on it after 3 years
What really done it for me was to see the captain Newman with his poor skills & workrate that was far below AFL standard.
So you cant blame those missing members for not wanting to pay for poo football
Gee l tell ya what the way they are ringing & Texting l may get a good deal this year thats too hard to refuse  ;D

Ramps

« Reply #395 on: March 05, 2010, 04:10:51 PM »
Just think how many more members they would have if they had shown improvement on thier skill & decision making last year.
Just shows how imcompetant Wallace & his coaching staff were over 5 years & poor management from March & Co not to pick up on it after 3 years
What really done it for me was to see the captain Newman with his poor skills & workrate that was far below AFL standard.
So you cant blame those missing members for not wanting to pay for poo football
Gee l tell ya what the way they are ringing & Texting l may get a good deal this year thats too hard to refuse  ;D

Look I dont rate Newman as some of our other supporters do but when you have an avatar of Jake King, you cant be serious in criticising Newman. Common Monky get real!

Tigermonk

« Reply #396 on: March 06, 2010, 12:19:05 AM »

Look I dont rate Newman as some of our other supporters do but when you have an avatar of Jake King, you cant be serious in criticising Newman. Common Monky get real!

look lets get this cleared up ok
l got Kingy up thier because l like fighters & Jake King is a fighter & a tryer
now he might not be the brightest spark out there but he does give 100%
He will try take on a ruckman toe to toe & when he get flattened he gets straight back up & will have another go
Thats why Jake is my avatar his got guts  :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #397 on: March 06, 2010, 12:21:09 AM »

Call me Richmond Call me now  ;D  :lol

jackstar is back again

« Reply #398 on: March 06, 2010, 12:24:20 AM »

look lets get this cleared up ok
l got Kingy up thier because l like fighters & Jake King is a fighter & a tryer
now he might not be the brightest spark out there but he does give 100%
He will try take on a ruckman toe to toe & when he get flattened he gets straight back up & will have another go
Thats why Jake is my avatar his got guts  :thumbsup

Totally agree.
he belted a few today as well.

Tigermonk

« Reply #399 on: March 06, 2010, 12:29:10 AM »
good he hates Collingwood  ;D

jackstar is back again

« Reply #400 on: March 06, 2010, 12:34:49 AM »
good he hates Collingwood  ;D

At every opportunity, he would run past a opposition player trying to stand up and he would just knock them down again, lol
He peeed a few off today, LOL

Tigermonk

« Reply #401 on: March 06, 2010, 12:38:03 AM »
Wish some of our other players like Newman Deledio Tambling would do that

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: March 06, 2010, 05:10:59 AM »
Much prefer to see him just hit the ball hard and hurt any one his way.
Cheap snipes off the ball are just that, cheap snipes.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #403 on: March 06, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »
Much prefer to see him just hit the ball hard and hurt any one his way.
Cheap snipes off the ball are just that, cheap snipes.
Yep the likes of Kingy won't take us where we need to get to. If we want to boost memberships and get more people to watch us we need star players who win us games not just melees.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #404 on: March 06, 2010, 05:01:58 PM »

If we want to boost memberships and get more people to watch us we need star players who win us games not just melees.

Yeah, but it is good to win the occasional melee, especially against the scum MT!   ;D