Author Topic: Troy Simmonds Agrees to new one year deal  (Read 9394 times)

Ramps

Re: Troy Symmonds's big surprise (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2009, 06:32:56 AM »
Troy Symmonds's big surprise
Jon Ralph | Herald Sun Fri Oct 09

RICHMOND has offered sidelined ruckman Troy Simmonds another contract, with the Tigers stripping two more first-round selections from their list.

Simmonds, 31, was dropped to the VFL this year on the last season of a five-year deal and was considered likely to have played his last game.

Instead coach Damian Hardwick and the list management committee have offered him a one-year deal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/troy-symmondss-big-surprise/story-e6frf9jf-1225784565850

According to that Pattison is going to be moved on. Surely he would have to be traded this morning. Trading Pattison would be the correct decision.

Jackstar is back

Re: Troy Simmonds Agrees to new one year deal
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2009, 07:03:32 AM »
Troy agreed to a new one year deal today after declining offers from both St.Kilda and Brisbane which were both offering 2 year contracts.
Saints it seems will be delisting Steven King .
Just shows a few geniuses on here have little idea if the Saints and Brisbane were keen to offer him a 2 year deal.

He was offered this deal 2 weeks ago.
Good decision I reckon.
 :thumbsup

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2009, 07:46:39 AM »
If Simmonds stays and Pattison goes, then I'm guessing we'll take another ruck as after next season we'll only have Vickery, Graham and Browne.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2009, 07:52:00 AM »
Troy agreed to a new one year deal today after declining offers from both St.Kilda and Brisbane which were both offering 2 year contracts.
Just shows a few geniuses on here have little idea if the Saints and Brisbane were keen to offer him a 2 year deal.

Good decision I reckon.

I'm with ya Jacky.

It's all about the kids in nearly every spot on the park, but in the ruck someone needs to protect them from their body being bashed and killed before its developed, and give us some versatility to give Vickery a go up forward.  And Simmo, when fit, is the man for the job.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »
It's all about the kids in nearly every spot on the park, but in the ruck someone needs to protect them from their body being bashed and killed before its developed, and give us some versatility to give Vickery a go up forward.  And Simmo, when fit, is the man for the job.

Lets hope he fires up then because if he has a year like the last it will be painful on here reading the bagging Simmo, Hardwick, FJ, the magnet board boy etc etc will cop

Jackstar is back

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2009, 11:34:16 AM »

Good decision I reckon.

I'm with ya Jacky.

Will be fit for 2010, unlike 2009

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2009, 11:41:02 AM »
What about his knee?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2009, 12:02:43 PM »
What about his knee?

Knee will be fine.
 :shh :thumbsup
medicos say all good, otherwise Brisbane and Saints would not have offered him a 2 year deal, he only wants to play for one more year. Seems that Troy had more currency than you all think

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2009, 01:40:25 PM »
All I can say is I hope he gets rid of the frikkin fumbles he had this year. Dropping so many easy marks at crucial times was excruciating to watch. :banghead

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2009, 10:20:43 PM »
What about his knee?

Knee will be fine.
medicos say all good, otherwise Brisbane and Saints would not have offered him a 2 year deal, he only wants to play for one more year. Seems that Troy had more currency than you all think

He is crap. Really horrid decision. Feel sorry for anyone who has been sucked into thinking that this was a good call.
Ya poor bastards!!!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2009, 10:38:04 PM »
What about his knee?

Knee will be fine.

He is crap. Really horrid decision. Feel sorry for anyone who has been sucked into thinking that this was a good call.
Ya poor bastards!!!

yep, he is crap.
Could of got a 2 year contract at either Brisbane or the Saints.
But wanted to put something back into RFC and help the younger bodied players develop.
Played with a bad knee throughout 2009.
Horrible decision, nah, good decision as Vickery nor Graham are ready

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2009, 12:23:30 AM »
Simmonds is far from crap, I thought he should be retired but he's been a great pickup for the club and not too long ago was selected to represent Victoria in the All stars match. Hasn't been the same since due to injury.

People say his timing is off in the ruck and he jumps to early, however this is a tactic to nullify his opponent. He has to do it due to his shorter stature and being unable to jump over players 3-10 inches taller than him. If he jumps early then his ruck opponent can't get a clean run at the ball and it becomes a 50-50 contest.

Ox

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2009, 12:54:08 AM »
Simmonds is far from crap, I thought he should be retired but he's been a great pickup for the club and not too long ago was selected to represent Victoria in the All stars match. Hasn't been the same since due to injury.

People say his timing is off in the ruck and he jumps to early, however this is a tactic to nullify his opponent. He has to do it due to his shorter stature and being unable to jump over players 3-10 inches taller than him. If he jumps early then his ruck opponent can't get a clean run at the ball and it becomes a 50-50 contest.

true,but we still have poo ruck stocks.
Clearly out number one ruckman is not rucking to win but rather to "Nullify" the oppossong ruckmans attack.

Hardly a way to play finals ------farkkkkkkked!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2009, 07:37:08 AM »
All I can say is I hope he gets rid of the frikkin fumbles he had this year. Dropping so many easy marks at crucial times was excruciating to watch. :banghead

I think his knee really contributed to his fumbling and dropped marks. 

I can't wait to see him trip through the banner, handball into the goalpost and take out his volswagon beetle bonnet sized mouth guard and say EEEEEEFFFFFF!!!

All at 31yo. Great way to rebuild a club.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2009, 10:09:44 AM »

I think his knee really contributed to his fumbling and dropped marks. 

I can't wait to see him trip through the banner, handball into the goalpost and take out his volswagon beetle bonnet sized mouth guard and say EEEEEEFFFFFF!!!

All at 31yo. Great way to rebuild a club.

And you want Vickery to get pounded each week do you ? :banghead